Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 2/28/2017 at 9:02 AM, Chief Togusa said:

Yes i know sbdy working for TLG and i know about the Falcon since late August 2016. My source is not involved in the product release process, so i can't say anything sure about exact release dates, but I even know which big USD will be coming after the Falcon (probably then in 2018), but i am not allowed to state that here until that comes up as a rumor from another side and is mentioned by someone else first.

This guy says he knows someone who works for Lego. 

On 4/28/2017 at 11:00 AM, Chief Togusa said:

To me several TLC employees saving up money right now to be able to buy it "on release day" (sic) is evidence enough. That also hints towards an attractive set and a bit of a limitation.

Oh and btw, UCS ISD will be coming 2018/19 as the next in the biggie class.

I apologise for what is possibly a stupid question, but how does '75192 CONFIDENTIAL_Direct $799.00' prove the next UCS is a Falcon? There's nothing tying the set number to the name, is there? Yes it more or less confirms the next UCS will be enormous, but it could still theoretically be anything, couldn't it? Not trying to say it does or doesn't exist, I'm just curious why you're all saying that set number is definitely the Falcon.

In a vacuum, you're right, it doesn't prove anything. But there have been rumors from multiple sources for months now that a new UCS Falcon is coming, and among them are reports that it would be the largest LEGO set ever produced, arrive in the fall, be absurdly expensive, be polarizing, and even that it would cost... $799. So, the Lego Store screen cap of a UCS set for $799 coming this fall (assuming it is authentic) is consistent with some of those rumors, and thus looks like tacit confirmation. 

And people have seen blurry partial pictures.

8 hours ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Anyone knows roughly when is the Summer Wave going to be released in the Uk?

June 1st

15 hours ago, Revelation_Space said:

I apologise for what is possibly a stupid question, but how does '75192 CONFIDENTIAL_Direct $799.00' prove the next UCS is a Falcon? There's nothing tying the set number to the name, is there? Yes it more or less confirms the next UCS will be enormous, but it could still theoretically be anything, couldn't it? Not trying to say it does or doesn't exist, I'm just curious why you're all saying that set number is definitely the Falcon.

no but the existence of the designer vid is more than enough evidence for those in the know.

57 minutes ago, cavegod said:

no but the existence of the designer vid is more than enough evidence for those in the know.

What now? *huh*

1 hour ago, cavegod said:

How soon before a set is released do they normally make a designer vid? That seems kinda early to have one in the can if the rumoured release timeframe is correct. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, GallardoLU said:

not confirmation, but in my opinion a huge hint dropped in the carousel reveal video, bellow is a screen cap, interpret as you see fit. (I do apologies if this doesn't belong here, but it felt relevant)

@Pomodoro & @Markalus, I think that cavegod is referring to the first couple of seconds of the new 10257 Carousel designer video (screenshot above) which includes a Millennium Falcon being chased by an Exogorth, well sort of!  The current rumours for the UCS Falcon mention that it includes Hoth-based minifigures and a mynock, hence the connection..... :classic:

Why would lego release a Hoth based UCS MF this year being the 40th anniversary of A new Hope?   It makes no sense to me, especially as we now have the UCS Snowspeeder also.

Lego are obsessed with bloody Hoth !! :angry:

Hoth sells. It are sets based on the best SW movie and are recognizable for everyone (even if you don't really know SW you know the 'Snow battle scenes'). 

We still haven't got a price in €/$ on the Obi Wan Starfighter set, except for the translated price from Malesia, right? 

An ESB-themed minifig selection in the UCS Falcon also helps differentiate it from the previous UCS Falcon. And there aren't many opportunities for exclusive or elusive minifigs if you stick to ANH characters... Luke, Obi, R2, 3PO, Han and Chewie are all available in abundance, leaving ANH Leia and maybe Luke w/Blast Shield Helmet as the only desirable minifigs. Versus an ESB Falcon which could include blue jacket Han w/breathing mask, Hoth Leia w/breathing mask, potentially even Battle-Damaged Bespin Luke, Blue Lando, Medical Frigate Lando, etc.

Edited by jdubbs

If we get Lando in the set i'm going to pull out my hair. :tongue:

Actually the ESB theme makes sense, the last one was ANH based, and the teaser image with the Space Slug emphasizes the idea that its Episode V.

After all this hype I would pmsl if the UCS turned out not to be the MF! Mind you I am only saying that because I am jealous I cant afford an £800 UCS nor find the space to display it!

1 hour ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Why would lego release a Hoth based UCS MF this year being the 40th anniversary of A new Hope?   It makes no sense to me, especially as we now have the UCS Snowspeeder also.

Lego are obsessed with bloody Hoth !! :angry:

It could be a bit of clever 'future proofing' assuming that it remains in production until 2020 and beyond.  The 40th Anniversary of Episode V is bound to generate another wave of interest in all things Star Wars, and this would help TLG to cash-in on that!  However, as mentioned previously it's a good strategy to differentiate it from the original, which should minimise any negative 're-hash' comments, and make it appealing to current owners of 10179 so they'll want both....

The catalog doesn't show any Star Wars sets. As for the small blurry images mentioned. I have not come across anything. 

I think this has been asked before, but does anyone know now whether there will be a second retailer exclusive (non-UCS) set this summer or fall?  Is there any precedent for releasing one in the fall (i.e. with the Last Jedi wave)?

26 minutes ago, Lobot said:

It could be a bit of clever 'future proofing' assuming that it remains in production until 2020 and beyond.  The 40th Anniversary of Episode V is bound to generate another wave of interest in all things Star Wars, and this would help TLG to cash-in on that!  However, as mentioned previously it's a good strategy to differentiate it from the original, which should minimise any negative 're-hash' comments, and make it appealing to current owners of 10179 so they'll want both....

Thanks Bud, you make some good points there that I had not thought about. 

It'd be a lot better if the upcoming UCS set rumored as a remake of a big Falcon model would only include a small Falcon model

+ a huge Cloud CIty :/