Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Agreed. All those brackets & technic parts inside sets these days, they're very hollow. Lightweight & sturdy. Partial interiors should be easier now.

Scenario 1: crap! A Falcon? I just bought a snowspeeder, I can't afford it right now, I'll have to save up and get it a bit later!

Scenario 2: wow, a Falcon? Forget about the snowspeeder I was about to get, I need to keep my money for this!

Yep, LEGO wins either way.

Have to say the prices being thrown about are scary even for a model of this desirability, in all honesty if this doesnt have some significant improvements over the original and some nice new unique molded pieces then i may just pass and bricklink the original for roughly equal or even less than the price of this new one :/

oh boy, are we back again to the "UCS Falcon guesses and desires" topic? Is Stash sleeping or just being nice for the time being? :classic:

6 minutes ago, brobert said:

oh boy, are we back again to the "UCS Falcon guesses and desires" topic? Is Stash sleeping or just being nice for the time being? :classic:

You must have missed it, Stash  actually got some info from his sources regarding the set. He shared it a few pages back; A price of $600-$800 USD, 2 radar dishes, a possible interior and supposedly includes Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Chewbacca, Rey, Finn, BB-8, Old Han, a Mynock and possibly C-3PO

Unless they're planning on including ANH versions of the Falcon crew (Obi, Leia, etc) to make it an all-encompassing edition, then that selection of minifigs doesn't really make any sense.  Other than the fact that Episode 8 will be coming out and Lego is on a Hoth kick, they have nothing in common.

23 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

Unless they're planning on including ANH versions of the Falcon crew (Obi, Leia, etc) to make it an all-encompassing edition, then that selection of minifigs doesn't really make any sense.  Other than the fact that Episode 8 will be coming out and Lego is on a Hoth kick, they have nothing in common.

Supposedly there will be two radar dishes to recreate the falcon from both movies. You can display the TFA edition or the ESB one.

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

Supposedly there will be two radar dishes to recreate the falcon from both movies. You can display the TFA edition or the ESB one.

Will they include the compressor too ? Because if they don't I'm not buying this piece of garbage ! :tongue:

3 hours ago, Schneeds said:

ESB was released in 1980 so perhaps they're doing a bit of 'future proofing' (e.g. planning on a lifespan of 4-5 years) so during that time there should be an additional sales spike when lots of new/old fans have a burst of nostalgia in 3 years, on its 40th Anniversary.

Since most people will have all the TFA figures (Rey, Finn and BB-8) I hope they'll be some variation of some sort, even if it's just some sand prinitng on the current designs.

$600-$800 ? For the falcon, little overpriced I think ? I think Its odd that we get a mynnock....? I have my doubts if the rumor is true......

3 minutes ago, Jedibob said:

$600-$800 ? For the falcon, little overpriced I think ? I think Its odd that we get a mynnock....? I have my doubts if the rumor is true......

Consider the price change for the Death Star, a set that was re-released with only minor changes. 

It seems entirely plausible that a similar scale UCS MF would see a $100 increase in price at least. With modifications and more details, going up by more than that is believable. It may be a lot of money, but some people will certainly pay for it. Bear in mind that people currently pay more than that to gradually buy the old one brick-by-brick. 

$600-800 for a set I don't have the room to display is certainly not a price I will pay, but that doesn't make me think Lego wouldn't release it with such a price point.

Plus, if it's designed to emulate the ESB appearance of the Falcon, why wouldn't it include a Mynnock? 

16 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Consider the price change for the Death Star, a set that was re-released with only minor changes. 

It seems entirely plausible that a similar scale UCS MF would see a $100 increase in price at least. With modifications and more details, going up by more than that is believable. It may be a lot of money, but some people will certainly pay for it. Bear in mind that people currently pay more than that to gradually buy the old one brick-by-brick. 

$600-800 for a set I don't have the room to display is certainly not a price I will pay, but that doesn't make me think Lego wouldn't release it with such a price point.

Plus, if it's designed to emulate the ESB appearance of the Falcon, why wouldn't it include a Mynnock? 

If it will, and the rest of the figures are not new except maybe a Hoth Leia, then the BL price will probably be at least 50 euro for a Mynock. And to army build Mynocks... If one is included that is...

16 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

why wouldn't it include a Mynnock? 

This year is the 40th anniversary of anh. I didn't saw a mynnock in anh, that's why I think it is odd. 

Just now, Jedibob said:

This year is the 40th anniversary of anh. I didn't saw a mynnock in anh, that's why I think it is odd. 

Everyone seems obsessed with A New Hope. The Millennium Falcon appears in 4 different films at this point. The last one featured the cast from A New Hope. In order to further differentiate from the previous set it makes sense to have this one represent a different film. There's no evidence this set is supposed to be in any way related to the films anniversary.

Plus, the rumour from Stash specify Hoth variants of the minifigures, at which point the Mynnock makes perfect sense. The most memorable scene of them in those outfits and on the Falcon are the asteroid belt and space slug.

7 hours ago, brobert said:

Yeah, I was sleeping...but thanks for calling it out!

Can you guys hold off on your personal feelings about which set is better?  Or if LEGO should release info before the Snowspeeder?  Or a huge pricing argument when we do not have any concrete info?  Or the price of it because we are not sure?  Baseless rumors help no one.  And this 40th Anniversary stuff, really?  What are they supposed to do for the 50th then, release a buildable DL-44?  40 is big deal for humans, not really for movies.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You must have missed it, Stash  actually got some info from his sources regarding the set. He shared it a few pages back; A price of $600-$800 USD, 2 radar dishes, a possible interior and supposedly includes Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Chewbacca, Rey, Finn, BB-8, Old Han, a Mynock and possibly C-3PO

Some of what I said, but not exactly.  If you're gonna quote me, then do it all the way; please don't half-ass it!  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Since most people will have all the TFA figures (Rey, Finn and BB-8) I hope they'll be some variation of some sort, even if it's just some sand prinitng on the current designs.

Wishlists too, knock it off!  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Khaled Yousef said:

Since the rumors of the Falcon are pretty much solid now, is there an estimate on the release date?

Read back a few pages and I bet you can find some clues...just sayin.  Thanks!

The Falcon seems really expensive, I still need to try and get more of DC, Marvel and Star Wars already this year. :/

11 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Some of what I said, but not exactly.  If you're gonna quote me, then do it all the way; please don't half-megablocks it!  Thanks!

Wishlists too, knock it off!  Thanks!

Read back a few pages and I bet you can find some clues...just sayin.  Thanks!

I don't envy you being a mod in this topic in particular... even if you say something 3 pages later it will be blown to pieces, containing a fraction of the info and 10x more crap added by the escalating guessing.

I did not bother to look through all the posts, therefore I ask, is the 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring a retail exclusive set and what price (in euro that is) can we expect for it?

Edited by Daimar

2 minutes ago, Daimar said:

I did not bother to look through all the posts, therefore I ask, is the 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring a retail exclusive set and what price (in euro that is) can we expect for it?

The fact it was not shown at the toy fair indicates it is an exclusive set. Beyond that I don't know of any further information. 

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

The fact it was not shown at the toy fair indicates it is an exclusive set. Beyond that I don't know of any further information. 

Good to know, thanks for the info nikhkin.

I was just looking on Brickset, and there are listings for two as-yet-untitled sets: 75192 and 75193.  I believe the former may refer to the UCS Millennium Falcon, as it was used in the April Fool's Joke (which may have been less foolish than I originally thought), but what about the other one?  Is 75193 supposed to be the "third UCS set" that we've fruitlessly speculated in previous pages of this thread, or is it a retailer exclusive...or something else?  Is there any way to tell just by looking at the set number?