Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

@Legofan2001

This discussion was kept to PMs and was not in violation of the rules. I didn't post any fabricated information (If April Fools pranks are not allowed, then everyone who posted a fake UCS Falcon should get in trouble too). Users like you decided to mention it on the thread here and lead into a lot of wild speculation and guesses, as BrickHat said. That's the last I'm talking about this subject. Let's get back on topic, please?

Anyway, I know people have mentioned the LEGO Store Calendar for the next month, but here's the full version detailing the UCS Snowspeeder, R2 build, and an event lasting from April 24 to June 25

lego_brandstorecalendar_may2017.jpg

Edited by ChristopherLee

2 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

@Legofan2001

Ok, I didn't start it three weeks before April 1st. That's not true. This discussion was kept to PMs and was not in violation of the rules. I didn't post any fabricated information (If April Fools pranks are not allowed, then everyone who posted a fake UCS Falcon should get in trouble too). Users like you decided to mention it on the thread here and lead into a lot of wild speculation and guesses, as BrickHat said. That's the last I'm talking about this subject. Let's get back on topic, please?

Anyway, I know people have mentioned the LEGO Store Calendar for the next month, but here's the full version detailing the UCS Snowspeeder, R2 build, and an event lasting from April 24 to June 25

<snip>

You said this march 15th

On 15-3-2017 at 8:47 PM, ChristopherLee said:

The May 4 figure is not R2, instead it will be another character made in celebration of the 40th anniversary. Much better than 2016. Many people will be happy with it.  

:wink:

So you did post false info 3 weeks ago

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

Haha, I always thought that CL was winding a certain couple of members up with that rumour. We've already seen the calendar, but I'm just waiting for the UK version to show up.

I said I'm not discussing this matter any further. I'm not going to get this thread locked by going off topic

ANYWAY:

11 minutes ago, will said:

We've already seen the calendar, but I'm just waiting for the UK version to show up.

What's expected to be different in the UK version? Just some of the dates?

9 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I said I'm not discussing this matter any further. I'm not going to get this thread locked by going off topic

ANYWAY:

Also I find it kind of funny how the day you said that the may the Fourth figure was coming Is the same day the Lego calander for China came out that showed r2 d2 has the figure

25 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

We tend not to get double VIP points but get 10-15% discounts instead, and to see how much is the minimum spend. The dates are normally the same. 

Getting this thread locked only gives time to mods to put users in the chamber for the billionth time about wildly speculating in the wrong thread and posting fake info to be interesting.

275 pages for 2017 as of April, 15 of them must be legit news and on the spot reactions and the others wild speculating and wish-lists, which have 2 dedicated pinned threads.

Very happy to hear there's going to be change for 2018 from Stash, because this thread is down the shitter despite Josh and Stash' constant reminders. 

10 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Getting this thread locked only gives time to mods to put users in the chamber for the billionth time about wildly speculating in the wrong thread and posting fake info to be interesting.

275 pages for 2017 as of April, 15 of them must be legit news and on the spot reactions and the others wild speculating and wish-lists, which have 2 dedicated pinned threads.

Very happy to hear there's going to be change for 2018 from Stash, because this thread is down the shitter despite Josh and Stash' constant reminders. 

Wait could I be banned for no reason?

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Whew.  Thank you!  And I thought almost all of you hated me!

Good thing I don't work tomorrow.  Oh wait, that's right, I do!

Yeah, it's gettin' locked for a bit until I can sort out some stuff in here.

Alrighty, thread reopened.

Please keep comments on topic regarding releases for 2017.

No fighting!  No arguing!  If you have an issue, let me know via PM.  If you have info you don't want to share, then let me have it via PM and I'll put it up if you want to remain anonymous.

I am personally not really excited for this R2-D2 promo mainly because I like having a collection of minifigures that vary in value. But at the same time I admire lego for changing it up this year. I think this build will still be for collectors for sure but I admire the fact that it seems kids can play with it as well. I hope lego does more polybags like this in the future but instead being able to buy it in stores

4 hours ago, azog said:

I am personally not really excited for this R2-D2 promo mainly because I like having a collection of minifigures that vary in value. But at the same time I admire lego for changing it up this year. I think this build will still be for collectors for sure but I admire the fact that it seems kids can play with it as well. I hope lego does more polybags like this in the future but instead being able to buy it in stores

It's probably the first of a line, because it comes with a stand that has connectors on the side to go with others. I welcome a new line of buildable droids, especially if there aren't going to be only astromechs, looks way better than the uninspired brickheads line.

15 minutes ago, brobert said:

It's probably the first of a line, because it comes with a stand that has connectors on the side to go with others. I welcome a new line of buildable droids, especially if there aren't going to be only astromechs, looks way better than the uninspired brickheads line.

That's not the same polybag. R3-M2 comes with the stand and is a normal minifig. The May 4th promo is a buildable R2-D2. 

Will be interesting to see if we get more of the droids on stands.

Edited by will

17 minutes ago, will said:

That's not the same polybag. R3-M2 comes with the stand and is a normal minifig. The May 4th promo is a buildable R2-D2. 

Will be interesting to see if we get more of the droids on stands.

Oh, right...I got them confused. In my mind I already combined the two :D Wouldn't that be better though? :D

1 hour ago, brobert said:

Oh, right...I got them confused. In my mind I already combined the two :D Wouldn't that be better though? :D

I feel like your right kinda. Lego should have made their may the 4th promo to be a normal sized R2-D2 with more printing (side and back printing) and made it available to connect to the R3-M2 droid. 

I was just about to post that. Yeah no double VIP but 10% off. Also a random 40% off a set for each day of the promo. 

Wouldn't that mean you can buy (as a VIP) the 75144 Snowspeeder with 10% off at 29-04-17? Still makes it €207 here in the Netherlands, but it's better than nothing. 

I can't remember if Assault on Hoth had an offer like this last year? I bought the Sandcrawler with 10% off back then, but what I remember they didn't have any 40% off deals. 

The snowspeeder is unlikely to be part of the 10% deal, it's normally the older UCS sets that get a discount. In past years I've bought the previous year's UCS set at discount, but won't do that this year (hoth). 

Edited by will

Ah yea, should have read that better, it's even stated in the flyer: '10% discount on all SW sets, for a short time' *with the exception of the Snowspeeder