Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

I was hoping that we might get something really special - possibly another chrome Darth Vader, or C-3PO, but I guess we mustn't complain - it's certainly an improvement on last year!  It's just possible that TLG may have something else planned for the autumn, to coincide with the rumoured second UCS of 2017... time will tell.  Perhaps @ChristopherLee would be kind enough to clarify what he was talking about, it all sounded a bit vague at the time :look:

If we are getting a ucs falcon do you think it could be the return of the Jedi Crew lando nein numb the other rebels or maybe even the empire strikes back crew with lando and Leia and damaged Luke?

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

And how have you seen it?

I haven't but I know who it is Christopher Lee told me who it is:wink:

That fills me with confidence.

Also, an amusing troll by LEGO, but I reckon that UCS Falcon re-make will be here very soon.

Just now, Legofan2001 said:

If we are getting a ucs falcon do you think it could be the return of the Jedi Crew lando nein numb the other rebels or maybe even the empire strikes back crew with lando and Leia and damaged Luke?

I was thinking that too. If they are going to put two radar dishes they might as well put Nein Numb and Lando too, so that it could be convertible for every movie. I think they would save the cloud city characters for a cloud city set though.

In looking at the May calendar, there is nothing about free shipping. Does anyone know if there will be free shipping on all star wars lego items or will it just be the standard/normal $35 or $50 limit?

16 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I was thinking that too. If they are going to put two radar dishes they might as well put Nein Numb and Lando too, so that it could be convertible for every movie. I think they would save the cloud city characters for a cloud city set though.

Plus if they put nein numb it would drive up the demand for the set so it's I win for the fans and Lego cause everyone wants nein numb.

Just now, Legofan2001 said:

Plus if they put nein numb it would drive up the demand for the set so it's I win for the fans and Lego cause everyone wants nein numb.

I have been waiting for a Nein Numb for awhile now. It would definitely drive up the demand.

10 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

The May the 4th promotion (double points and R2-D2 polybag) begins on... May the 4th. April 29th is just the VIP early access, which is a separate thing.

That would be a really dick move on TLGs part if that is the case. I would imagine there are a lot of VIPs chomping at the bit to order the Snowspeeder on April 29 to avoid possible dissapointment if it sells out quickly. Jay's Brick Blog is reporting that the May 4th promotional period begins on April 29 so there appears to be some discrepancy there. 

7 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

I haven't but I know who it is Christopher Lee told me who it is:wink:

Don't brag since you aren't supposed to say who it is.

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Don't brag since you aren't supposed to say who it is.

Don't minimod and tell people what to do, that's my job!

Wouldn't it be a good idea if people who have inside information either share it or don't say anything?

23 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

April fools or not, seeing that price tag suddenly brought it crashing home that this set will be very expensive. You can see why the original MF wasn't a great seller. 

The idea of owning an UCS falcon is a romantic vision we all have but that money could be easily used for sensible things like the mortgage and bills.

Everyone keeps saying they're desperate for one, but the fact is you can go down the well trodden Bricklink path and own one for not much more than a new set would be, plus you can spread the cost and buy parts when you want.

So are people really desperate for a new Falcon model, or desperate for a box? Because that's the only difference I can see.

Edited by NorvernRob

I think when you are a collector, then you are desperate for it.

You want the original box, the manual, the bags, everything. No compromise!

Maybe bricklinking is cheaper, more time killing and fun to get everything together.

Today everything is possible for everybody, so i can understand that people (including me) are so pumped for the MF.

10 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Wouldn't it be a good idea if people who have inside information either share it or don't say anything?

Yes, that would be a great idea!  Unfortunately, too many of these people that post half-assed info figure since it's a rumor thread, they can say whatever they want.  In the real world though, things don't work that way.  

But be patient, 2018 thread will change a few things.  People will be able to follow the news post and get only news and quality info again.

Listen, I'm not an insider or anything, but I read online somewhere that an AT-AT is coming. Again, I'm not a leaker so I don't know if this is true, and I forgot where I read it. Please don't call me a liar or anything if it's not, but I read it somewhere online.

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Yes, that would be a great idea!  Unfortunately, too many of these people that post half-assed info figure since it's a rumor thread, they can say whatever they want.  In the real world though, things don't work that way.  

But be patient, 2018 thread will change a few things.  People will be able to follow the news post and get only news and quality info again.

Awesome. Does this mean that there will be two venues? One thread for posting and following chatter and one for real confirmed or semi-confirmed information? Just curious... I'd love to be able to check out the true "news" thread during the work week but still have a way to listen in on the silliness over the weekend. Thanks for modin.

10 hours ago, Criss said:

I think when you are a collector, then you are desperate for it.

You want the original box, the manual, the bags, everything. No compromise!

Maybe bricklinking is cheaper, more time killing and fun to get everything together.

Today everything is possible for everybody, so i can understand that people (including me) are so pumped for the MF.

Ah ok, I look at things from a builders point of view, not a collectors. All my boxes get stamped on and thrown in the recycling, apart from Christmas sets that I box back up each year. 

I BrickLinked a Falcon a while ago, and the fun is in the modifying and making it your own. I did the basic model first, and to be honest it's a bit rubbish. Massive holes and panel gaps everywhere. It's also too big for the vast majority of people to even display.

My money would be on a new Falcon being smaller, but with an interior. It makes a lot more sense than re-issuing a slightly updated original, which would carry a huge price tag with all the large parts. An interior would keep up the part count, but be smaller parts and hence cheaper. Look at the modulars, assembly square is 4,000 parts for £170 or so. It would also be more practical to display and have play value.

5 hours ago, BrickLord123 said:

Listen, I'm not an insider or anything, but I read online somewhere that an AT-AT is coming. Again, I'm not a leaker so I don't know if this is true, and I forgot where I read it. Please don't call me a liar or anything if it's not, but I read it somewhere online.

That popped up on an italian site that was linked to in this thread a while back. Apparently it's for Episode 8, which means it's likely to be a First Order AT-AT. I doubt we'd get any 2018 info this early.

5 hours ago, BrickLord123 said:

I think the First Order Gorilla AT-AT may be one of the sets.

37 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I think the First Order Gorilla AT-AT may be one of the sets.

Well may help out with left over Chima pieces :laugh:

Hmmm, so this thread previously got derailed with wild guesses over a non-existent figure promo, all because of a prank that wasn't even done on April Fool's? :wacko: Honestly, that's not nice. Even for those of us who weren't trying to find out what the figure was, we weren't able to have a discussion on the actual news because those guesses cluttered the topic. :sceptic:

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

Hmmm, so this thread previously got derailed with wild guesses over a non-existent figure promo, all because of a prank that wasn't even done on April Fool's? :wacko: Honestly, that's not nice. Even for those of us who weren't trying to find out what the figure was, we weren't able to have a discussion on the actual news because those guesses cluttered the topic. :sceptic:

People shouldn't be cluttering the thread with speculation or guesses. That's their own fault. I revealed it was a prank on the 1st in the PM's of people who asked me about it. Nothing wrong was done.

Edited by ChristopherLee

If the First Order Gorilla Tank thing is true, those things are going to be toyetic as hell. There's no way LEGO will pass up a chance at that.

I'm almost certain that'll be our biggest set: that or the Star Destroyer.

21 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

People shouldn't be cluttering the thread with speculation or guesses. That's their own fault. I revealed it was a prank on the 1st in the PM's of people who asked me about it. Nothing wrong was done.

Is there no a new hope figure coming because I was really looking forward to it.

27 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Yea that was really rude of him because the figure i was told about was one we really needed plus you can't start doing a April fool's day joke 3 weeks before it starts I say if it's all made up he should be banned from eurobricks?

Hey Christopher Lee right on the first page it says

• You post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of Internet fame.