Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

31 minutes ago, Han solo died said:

I can't understand why LEGO won't put dual moulded parts in star wars sets. I'm starting to get impatient.

Planned obsolescence. This way, lego can come out in a few years time and have an explanation for why everyone needs to buy the 10th version of every character. Star wars prints money for lego. If it can't be advertised as 'new', it's harder to get people to buy stuff that they don't need. If it wasn't a matter of profit but what's best for what people want, then the more advanced technology that's already available wouldn't be delayed. But that's another topic

On 2/22/2017 at 2:53 AM, JACKATTACKS said:

Okay, thanks for the info. In that case I wonder why Vader has the new "glow" behind him on the box? We'll just have to wait and see. Shame that the set comes out in June :( That's just sooooooo far away.

It does appear to be the same head as Anakin, which would technically make him new among the 2-piece helmet Vaders. The glow is behind every fig and new figs aren't denoted at all on the boxes we've seen, so who knows.

4 hours ago, bootz said:

It does appear to be the same head as Anakin, which would technically make him new among the 2-piece helmet Vaders. The glow is behind every fig and new figs aren't denoted at all on the boxes we've seen, so who knows.

Yep, we'll just have to wait and see.

15 hours ago, atlas said:

Planned obsolescence. This way, lego can come out in a few years time and have an explanation for why everyone needs to buy the 10th version of every character. Star wars prints money for lego. If it can't be advertised as 'new', it's harder to get people to buy stuff that they don't need. If it wasn't a matter of profit but what's best for what people want, then the more advanced technology that's already available wouldn't be delayed. But that's another topic

You can also look at  another perspective that they are trying to NOT using dual moulding to keep the cost of production lower so that it makes more profit but at the same time make the set more affordable (I know this is arguable and for another topic) 

Unless you want to get all the Star Wars minifigures then that's is going to be frustrating. 

For me, I'm looking forward to the new Aayla Secura minifig -- I'm tired looking at the Clone Wars look on the older version.

3 minutes ago, Tolopra said:

Have there been any updates regarding how the the R3-M2 (40268) polybag will make it's way out of Romania? :classic:

It will be available in the LEGO Shop apparently since the official image is now available on lego shop server

Spoiler

40268-r3-m2-polybag-lego.jpg.28f84f1c790ec9a606c07388d8e39ca8.jpg

Just now, Martinouchou said:

It will be available in the LEGO Shop apparently since the official image is now available on lego shop server

Reveal hidden contents

40268-r3-m2-polybag-lego.jpg.28f84f1c790ec9a606c07388d8e39ca8.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that. However, this is certainly not going to be the May the 4th exclusive. It'll most likely be a promotional polybag for March/April, right? :grin:

1 hour ago, Tolopra said:

Yeah, I noticed that. However, this is certainly not going to be the May the 4th exclusive. It'll most likely be a promotional polybag for March/April, right? :grin:

Well I certainly hope so !

Just now, Savage Oppress said:

What is your favorite Lego Star Wars minifigure that has released in 2017 so far?

Personally, just the good old fashioned stormtrooper.  I did not stock up on troopers in the first battle pack.  I do not plan on making the same mistake this time around.

2 hours ago, Tolopra said:

At least Hothbricks gave out a warning of purchasing it second hand for the expensive price it goes for right now and said it will be available through legostore soon, then how soon is the only question

1 hour ago, kibosh said:

Personally, just the good old fashioned stormtrooper.  I did not stock up on troopers in the first battle pack.  I do not plan on making the same mistake this time around.

+1 to this. At first I did not like the redesign of the stormtrooper helmet but having gotten one in the Slave I and now two in the Rogue One battle pack I really like them. If I can get a good deal on the battle pack again I'll be getting another one.

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

+1 to this. At first I did not like the redesign of the stormtrooper helmet but having gotten one in the Slave I and now two in the Rogue One battle pack I really like them. If I can get a good deal on the battle pack again I'll be getting another one.

I seriously plan to buy one everyone time they go on sale.  If I can find them at $10 or less, I'll buy even more.  I should have plenty of Death Troopers to sell off!

7 minutes ago, kibosh said:

I seriously plan to buy one everyone time they go on sale.  If I can find them at $10 or less, I'll buy even more.  I should have plenty of Death Troopers to sell off!

i might have bought 8 battle packs already ... tru 20% off plus additional 15% off for opening a credit card ... 

10 hours ago, Tolopra said:

Have there been any updates regarding how the the R3-M2 (40268) polybag will make it's way out of Romania? :classic:

Where is this droid from? 

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Where is this droid from? 

It appears in the hangar of Yavin rebel base in rogue one when the pilots are running

I don't remember where I heard this from but I saw in a youtube video that there were supposed to be a Yavin 4 base that can fit the new Y-Wing and A-wing, is it false?

43 minutes ago, MakeNLego said:

I don't remember where I heard this from but I saw in a youtube video that there were supposed to be a Yavin 4 base that can fit the new Y-Wing and A-wing, is it false?

There isn't a rumor for a Yavin 4 base so it probably is false.

On 24 February 2017 at 1:43 AM, bootz said:

IIRC the glow appears behind every figure on all the boxes for the summer wave. The Quadjumper's has glows for Rey, Finn, BB-8 and the FO Stormie, even though they're all old figures.

I guess the FO stormie in the quadjumper is technically a new combination of parts, since it has the heavy gunner trooper torso from the 2016 BP and a backpack like the snowtroopers and the 2016 May the Fourth stormie.

So, as far as the UCS Snowspeeder, 75144, is concerned, does anyone know when we might get an official reveal?  I was so sure that it would be showed at ToyFair.  Are there any other promotional expos/venues coming up?  All I can say is that I (like many others) have been waiting for this set for nearly two years, so I hope it will still be released this May the Fourth...I'm starting to get a little worried.  :sceptic:

29 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

So, as far as the UCS Snowspeeder, 75144, is concerned, does anyone know when we might get an official reveal?  I was so sure that it would be showed at ToyFair.  Are there any other promotional expos/venues coming up?  All I can say is that I (like many others) have been waiting for this set for nearly two years, so I hope it will still be released this May the Fourth...I'm starting to get a little worried.  :sceptic:

Lego might just reveal it on their own terms with a design video. Im fairly sure they've done that before.