Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, DarkLordSauron said:

I will definitely be bigger than any predecessor. Not too small, but not too big either. It'll be just the right size, supposedly.

Minifig scale Death Star Minifig scale Millennium Falcon?

1 hour ago, Han solo died said:

But a UCS bb-8 would be a day one purchase. These people sound like they know more than they're letting on...

Usually their sources don't let them reveal too much ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

Very… funny. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Well I'm not to sure about it, it's not always clear what is a playset and not, and just because it's not a playset does not mean it's not a location.

@Delta Customs suggested it was spherical.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Based on absolutely.... nothing. I just hope none of you are doctors or judges or in a position of making huge decisions based on.... nothing

:laugh::thumbup: Hopefully we treat our jobs and our hobbies differently.

No way will it be BB-8.  I reckon it's the Death Star trench run, or maybe a lifesize brick built Vader ! :laugh:

24 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

No way will it be BB-8.  I reckon it's the Death Star trench run, or maybe a lifesize brick built Vader ! :laugh:

Well, that is actually something that would create a lot of attention and publicity a life size Darth Vader, that would actually be pretty smart, although I'm afraid that 600 euros would not be enough to cover for that many bricks, have no idea what a price tag for a full life size figure could be, 2000? does that sound reasonable?

27 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

They aren't spherical :tongue:

4 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Agreed, this is where we stand as of right now...with a few amendments to what nikhkin stated.  As of right now, there is nothing else.

Thanks for the recap! It's been getting pretty confusing...

Also, something we haven't seen before, huh. Perhaps it's something from TFA or TLJ?

Not a playset, something new... could be a companion for R2-D2 like C-3PO or BB-8

4 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Just because he said it's not a playset doesn't automatically make it a vehicle. 

Think outside the box a bit. Or should I say, sphere. 

*oh2* it's BB-8... with power functions...

4 hours ago, Goonmo said:

Ah, so BB-8 then?

We are all being led up the garden path together! Maybe we are even correct!

3 hours ago, DarkLordSauron said:

From inside Lego. I'd say very trustworthy, but not recent. I can't say much more than that...

I will definitely be bigger than any predecessor. Not too small, but not too big either. It'll be just the right size, supposedly.

Assuming that this set is a new Millennium Falcon, I'm wondering how it could be bigger than its predecessor, 10179? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that set mini-figure scale? 

So this new set would be bigger than mini-figure scale?

Of course this assumes this set is a Millennium Falcon. I suppose it could be something else entirely

Maybe the new UCS will be BB-8 and similar to the Ghostbusters firehouse, in that Lego takes a dis-aproved idea and make a set similar to it in it's regular theme (based on rolling BB-8 that reached 10,000 supporters).

29 minutes ago, jackster99 said:

Assuming that this set is a new Millennium Falcon, I'm wondering how it could be bigger than its predecessor, 10179? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that set mini-figure scale? 

So this new set would be bigger than mini-figure scale?

Of course this assumes this set is a Millennium Falcon. I suppose it could be something else entirely

Well, the reason we assume its a falcon is because CM4Sci, and I believe other reliable sources not 100% sure, have said a Falcon is likely to happen. That seems consistent with a new most expensive set ever. Bigger could just mean a higher piece count, and possibly heavier.

Kay guys the most likely is BB8. But I think everyone should just calm down and wait. I can 100% guarantee that it's not another Death Star.... But I think all this posting and speculation is going way too far... 

17 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, the reason we assume its a falcon is because CM4Sci, and I believe other reliable sources not 100% sure, have said a Falcon is likely to happen. That seems consistent with a new most expensive set ever. Bigger could just mean a higher piece count, and possibly heavier.

Ah good point, he could definitely mean biggest by piece count, not necessarily size/dimensions

18 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Kay guys the most likely is BB8. But I think everyone should just calm down and wait. I can 100% guarantee that it's not another Death Star.... But I think all this posting and speculation is going way too far... 

Here here

1 hour ago, starwars4ever said:

Ghostbusters firehouse, in that Lego takes a dis-aproved idea and make a set similar to it in it's regular theme

It's been shown multiple times that is not what happened.  It was coincidence.  

31 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

It's been shown multiple times that is not what happened.  It was coincidence.  

I still believe that they do take ideas that don't make the cut into consideration. Doesn't the rules even say that once you submit an idea it becomes the property of the Lego Group? So, while there are some coincidences I think they definitely are paying attention to everything submitted, that even goes for themes like Star Wars.

Nobody seems to take the other way into consideration, that the Idea might not get approved, because they are already planning a release of a similar model. I think that too is in the conditions.

But for a huuuge (maybe even tremendous) anniversary like this, I would think they are planning for a couple of years, keeping an eye on especially popular ideas, market research, etc. so they can get the most out of it.

From the infos dropped by SVL I think it's not too far-fetched to speculate a BB-8 (if we cling on the sphere comment), it would be awesome. If it's close to life-size, it would justify the rumored higher than ever cost too

5 hours ago, John7edward said:

Could be a giant c-3po .......

Please stop making posts like this. They add nothing to the conversation (check your PM).

4 hours ago, Goonmo said:

I still believe that they do take ideas that don't make the cut into consideration. Doesn't the rules even say that once you submit an idea it becomes the property of the Lego Group? So, while there are some coincidences I think they definitely are paying attention to everything submitted, that even goes for themes like Star Wars.

If that were the case then where is the Flying Dutchman?  Where is the Invisible Hand?  They both reached 10,000 supporters but yet they haven't been made into Lego sets yet.  I just hope that the new cuusoo Cloud City project gets 10,000 supports and at least mabye then we'll get that set. 

2 hours ago, brobert said:

........From the infos dropped by SVL I think it's not too far-fetched to speculate a BB-8 (if we cling on the sphere comment), it would be awesome. If it's close to life-size, it would justify the rumored higher than ever cost too

This was my take on the hints dropped too. There was also a post from someone else dropping hints that said "it wasn't too small & it wasn't too big. It's just the right size"  I took this to mean that if it is BB-8 then it was at 1:1 scale.   Time will tell I guess.

3 hours ago, brobert said:

From the infos dropped by SVL I think it's not too far-fetched to speculate a BB-8 (if we cling on the sphere comment), it would be awesome. If it's close to life-size, it would justify the rumored higher than ever cost too

37 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

This was my take on the hints dropped too. There was also a post from someone else dropping hints that said "it wasn't too small & it wasn't too big. It's just the right size"  I took this to mean that if it is BB-8 then it was at 1:1 scale.   Time will tell I guess.

This speculation is way past ridiculous. Have you even considered how much a 1:1 scale BB-8 would weigh considering TLG requirements for structural integrity?

That's why I didn't go out and write 1:1, but close. But yeah that's a fair point.