Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

4 hours ago, aakos12 said:

Some very little information for those of you who are interested in R3-M2 (40286 polybag):

Today I talked to one of the employees in the Lego brand store in Budapest, I asked her what other polybags will come as R3-M2 seems to be the first part of a series. She said that all she knows is that it will be 3 of them all together and the promotion of this first one might end in February.

What promotion?  I have seen no mention of the R3-M2 astromech in the UK. Can anyone shed some light please? How can I get one?!  (other than eBay :(  )

1 minute ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

What promotion?  I have seen no mention of the R3-M2 astromech in the UK. Can anyone shed some light please? How can I get one?!  (other than eBay :(  )

It's part of a promo in Hungary and is part of a larger collection, we don't know anymore than that so far.

Same sort of stuff happenned with the first order general poly in asia last year. 

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

Guys, the Guavian figures are not in metallic red. It is just the filter on the picture that makes all of the figures look like that.

Yeah duh. Even Rey's arms look metallic silver.

However I am disappointed in their head color. Would Dark Red be so hard?

9 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Guys, the Guavian figures are not in metallic red. It is just the filter on the picture that makes all of the figures look like that.

Exactly. Whoever took that picture used a really terrible filter. I've color-corrected the image so we can see how the figures will actually look:

*Snip*

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah duh. Even Rey's arms look metallic silver.

However I am disappointed in their head color. Would Dark Red be so hard?

It's just a regular red head. Everything looks off-color in this picture.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

It's just a regular red head. Everything looks off-color in this picture.

Oh my God yay! @Nokturn thanks for the updated image. 

The resistance helmet is lime green? :wacko:

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh my God yay! @Nokturn thanks for the updated image. 

The resistance helmet is lime green? :wacko:

Nah, it's olive green. Still a bit strange compared to the dark tan of previous Resistance Troopers, but not bad overall.

Plus, that figure is almost certainly from TLJ. Probably a new variant/rank of some sort.

48 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

The new pictures are from Nuremberg, right?

Can't wait for New York!

They are from Nuremberg. Surprised by how a very good picture was taken when pictures were not allowed for Star Wars.

9 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

90% sure that's supposed to be the same 2-1B droid we've gotten before.  The only other droid in the room was a tripod, so unless they made up a droid for no reason it's probably the 2-1B.  Which would mean that the droid in the new images must indeed be from an Ep 8 set.

I think it is the tripod droid. The one in your picture as well as the one in the transformation seen itself has a yellow jar hanging off the front of it. The lego droid has a trans-yellow 1x1 round tile on the front. Also, if you look closely at the picture of the prototype set and the new picture it appears there is some sort of third leg. If it was a 2-1B I think they would reuse the same version from 8096. And it's definitely from the Vader transformation set, not Episode 8.

I think it's built kinda like this, but we won't know for sure until an actual reveal.

Untitled.png

Edited by Goonmo
Added Photo

Is it me or does that droid between the Resistance soldier and the Battle Droid look like it might be based of the IG-RM Droids from the Rebels television show? 310?cb=20140918004442

What if those two Resistance figures are actually apart of the advent calendar? Would be strange and I expect them to really be from the Last Jedi set, but it just seems random that they'd be there. 

The Guavians look awesome! Lego really did an excellent job with their head pieces.

Aayla's new skin tone looks great as well. The older figure worked well for the Clone Wars version but the darker on the new figure is much more accurate to the movie portrayal. Shame the Clone is just a Phase II Gunner since I would have liked to have gotten Bly, but it still looks like a pretty nice figure.

Regarding the black droid I'm pretty sure its intended to be the DD-13 Medical Droid seen facing Anakin's feet during the transformation scene. The legs are innaccurate since its on a tripod in the movies but the way the head is designed and yellow urn on the chest makes that droid the closest match.

99o0u8.jpg

The back two figures I'm fairly certain are The Last Jedi figures. The one on the left being Kelly Marie Tran's character, and the one the right is a new Resistance trooper variant. 

More news. The UCS Snowspeeder is due out in April. 

April? Weird, dont they usually save them for may 4th? I cant see two UCS sets being released a month apart, so I guess may 4th will just be even more lacklust this year?

Edited by Magmafrost

6 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

April? Weird, dont they usually save them for may 4th? I cant see two UCS sets being released a month apart, so I guess may 4th will just be even more lacklust this year?

Since the sandcrawler is now officially retired and by the time of may this year I think the Slave I will be retired as well, so we could be getting 2 sets Snowspeeder and ?

4 hours ago, MakeNLego said:

Since the sandcrawler is now officially retired and by the time of may this year I think the Slave I will be retired as well, so we could be getting 2 sets Snowspeeder and ?

Rumoured UCS Millennium Falcon.

7 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

The back two figures I'm fairly certain are The Last Jedi figures. The one on the left being Kelly Marie Tran's character, and the one the right is a new Resistance trooper variant. 

More news. The UCS Snowspeeder is due out in April. 

I'd be surprised if TLG don't align it with May 4th to maximise the potential sales, but t's just possible that they may do an 'early access' for VIP card holders during the latter part of April.  However, I'd be happy to wait for a couple of weeks to combine it with any promos that are available.  I just hope that they're a little more respectable that last year, which were meagre to say the least! :hmpf_bad:

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Price will be 199.99

Thanks for the information @Sir von Lego - is that euros?  If so, that would place it at the same price-point as the UCS TIE & Slave 1 in the UK (£179.99).  Do you have any idea of the part count, dimensions, or whether it's from Episode V or VII...?  I'm very hopeful that 2017 will be a good year for UCS sets; a decent Snowspeeder and Falcon would do very nicely!

I think a first order snowspeeder would have potential to be the worst UCS set ever, haha. 

It would be strange if they released it april instead of may, though. Maybe they have something else planned for may.