Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks Kevii23 for the information! I definitely wasn't expecting more minifigures in the sets so that's a positive! I guess I would have liked Zuckuss but I don't have Bossk so not too bad. Can't see Dengar being any different from the set last year. 

Hopefully what was the rumoured Jedi starfighter and booster ring minifigure list can change slightly. 

Seems like a solid wave this. 

Also, I remember there was mention about a Rebel Hangar set? Was that debunked? Or still unconfirmed? I wonder if it might be a playset with Saw Gerrera's rebels. 

5 minutes ago, lambda_cla3391 said:

Also, I remember there was mention about a Rebel Hangar set? Was that debunked? Or still unconfirmed? I wonder if it might be a playset with Saw Gerrera's rebels. 

if there will be a Rebel Hangar set, I hope that it will at least scaled to regular X wing

@Kevii23 thanks for the information. 

Like the sound of the sets as well.

Dissapointed that the rathtars are brick built and possibly not whole, however that many minifigs are good.

FO battle pack sounds good also.

What is that sphere you make in Lego called? Cause i'm curious if that's what TLG did with the Rathars? 

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

Well, someone's gonna have to get an entire summer wave for the first time (that someone is me). Glad to hear the Bounty Hunter BP will have named characters. Can't wait for final pictures.

Glad to hear you like the freemaker sets now? :devil:

20 minutes ago, Forresto said:

What is that sphere you make in Lego called? Cause i'm curious if that's what TLG did with the Rathars? 

What do you mean? Like this? http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Lego-Ball/

28 minutes ago, Forresto said:

The Lowell sphere?

1 minute ago, Sir von Lego said:

And you guys REALLY think what you are writing here??

let me say this: a retailer catalogue is needed to give retailers an idea - only an idea is needed here - on what will be new for first or second half of a year. It is needed because retailers have to make a forecast of at least 1/2 year in Europe of new arrivals. So they of course need to get a glimpse on what they are ordering!

Episode 8 is blacked out (as is GotG2, new licenses in general) because Disney doesn't allow leaks there.

So this leak hasn't anything to do with politics of TLC announcing new sets, but it is a not-wanted leak of retailer information.

We can all be glad to see, read something of this information.

greetings Hendrik

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying…?

He's saying that people who see the retailer catalouge aren't supposed to see it, and therefore info shared from it is something Lego don't want, and that Lego don't leak anything themselves.

I winder if the bounty hunters pack is a trend and we might see a jedi pack etc etc,

Is Lego marketing trying to make it more accessible to get harder minifigs to help fight the clone knock off figs?

Just now, H3ssian said:

Is Lego marketing trying to make it more accessible to get harder minifigs to help fight the clone knock off figs?

Now that you say it, perhaps that's true!

Or maybe it's just to piss off the collectors… as they did with 75159.

The notion that TLG would leak unfinished set pictures just to see the reactions of a dozen or so EB members is utterly ridiculous - they have internal testing and panels to optimize sets, no need to rely on strangers on the internet.

1 hour ago, lambda_cla3391 said:

That set started out with the figures from the A-Wing (Lando, Pilot, Crewman) but a different number. I feel like "Rebel Hangar" was just somebody's guess for the A-Wing's figs and that the set doesn't exist, but for what it's worth, the number it had in the speculation is not currently taken by any other set. The problem is that there's already quite many sets for this summer - it's getting unlikely that we're still missing something big.

BH battle pack is definitely a must buy now for me, although quite a bit of that depends on bossk. If he has dual molded legs and is the correct colour with a new head mould, then I will definitely get it.

Edited by robertgorman2505

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

BH battle pack is definitely a must buy now for me, although quite a bit of that depends on bossk. If he has dual molded legs and is the correct colour with a new head mould, then I will definitely get it.

Then I don't think you will definitely get it.

LEGO hasn't even put dual-moulded arms and legs in sets like 75159, why would they put them in a small battle pack?

Also, I doubt they will create a new mould for Bossk. New color, maybe, but how often have battle packs used new moulds for heads?

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The notion that TLG would leak unfinished set pictures just to see the reactions of a dozen or so EB members is utterly ridiculous - they have internal testing and panels to optimize sets, no need to rely on strangers on the internet.

That set started out with the figures from the A-Wing (Lando, Pilot, Crewman) but a different number. I feel like "Rebel Hangar" was just somebody's guess for the A-Wing's figs and that the set doesn't exist, but for what it's worth, the number it had in the speculation is not currently taken by any other set. The problem is that there's already quite many sets for this summer - it's getting unlikely that we're still missing something big.

Might be a Yavin IV UCS set. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

5 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Now that you say it, perhaps that's true!

Or maybe it's just to piss off the collectors… as they did with 75159.

well they could cover both to a degree, as such many of the popular star wars figs are in large sets or in the case of the UCS SSD and the Death-star very large sets, so perhaps by bringing these figs out in battle packs but perhaps the printing is different, or they wont get the full arms printing treatment etc they can cover both markets... The hard-cores will want both, the young lad and people that just want them to get all the different personal from star wars can get the battle packs. food for thought... and sorry off topic 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Brickset has it listed as a separate set (independent of the Lando A-Wing) in the Summer 2017 wave: 75179 Rebel Hangar. They had it listed for a while as a named set, then took the name down, then put it back up last week when they added details on the second wave of battle packs.

Is there any possibility that there will be a molded Rathtar and because this is a prototype model they didnt have one to display? Does anyone remember if they hid the molded Wampa and Rancor in the proto models of their respective debut sets?

Thanks @VaderFan2187 @BrickLord123

Not a great wave for me, the only sets I'm interested in are the battlepacks and Vader's transformation. 

57 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Is there any possibility that there will be a molded Rathtar and because this is a prototype model they didnt have one to display? Does anyone remember if they hid the molded Wampa and Rancor in the proto models of their respective debut sets?

Thanks @VaderFan2187 @BrickLord123

Alas, it is very unlikely. What we have here are not pictures of the sets on a display, but pictures of the set's boxes in a catalog. The boxes and placement of the builds in the said boxes are rather final, so whatever was pictured on preliminary box, though not final, is most likely going to be present in the set. Hence there are little to no chances for the molded Rathar. :(

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Alas, it is very unlikely. What we have here are not pictures of the sets on a display, but pictures of the set's boxes in a catalog. The boxes and placement of the builds in the said boxes are rather final, so whatever was pictured on preliminary box, though not final, is most likely going to be present in the set. Hence there are little to no chances for the molded Rathar. :(

However, given how flexible and "squashable" the Rathtars are, I don't think a hard mold would work well. Also, it'd drive the price up crazily.

I'm still curious about some of the unknown figures in the Freemaker sets. Maybe Zuckuss could be in one of those? Even if he's not in this wave, I'm still really happy that we're getting a battle pack with all named characters. Hopefully this becomes a continuing trend for the future.