Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Does anyone here own the new Y-Wing? I'm curious as to its size; if possible, I'd really appreciate it if someone could do a comparison picture with, say, one of the recent Jedi starfighters to show the length of the new Y-Wing.

Here ya go. Not strictly speaking a recent eta-2, but its basically the same build.

31317289104_7fb1bd08e0_m.jpg

Edited by Magmafrost

Oh yes... these prelim builds are worth the hype, I'd say. Don't bother with Google, you should be tube-ing it. For those who can't find it I will try and describe:

The Vader transformation is quite fantastic!! The Vader transformation build looks similar in piece count as the Carbon Freezing Chamber. It appears to be a complete circle comprised of wedges that, to me, invokes the scene from Home One with the Death Star II plans. 8 wedges total. There is one wedge that is three times as thick and it appears to have the wench/turning mechanism that probably rotates Vader on the table - and the 'Frankenstein Monster' table does look very screen accurate this time around. One the opposite end of the circle there is an unknown mechanism that maybe resembles a winch - to hold the probe droid? Finally, off to the side on the right there's a small piece that holds two gold lightsabers with red blades. I guess they must belong to a certain Darth Sidious! The medical droid, black with many arms, is big! I can't imagine a better standalone set to get Vader in. This will go nicely on the shelf with all the Coruscant builds.

As for the Republic tank, as I said earlier, it just looks stubbier than usual in the front. Still it looks like a tight build - good form and you can see from the box art in the background (Vader transformation set has no box) the circular dome at the top with the Phase I Clone Trooper only seems to have clearance to fit one trooper inside... but maybe it's like the Rogue 1 Imperial tank and you can fit another trooper in front of him, hard to say from these images.

I have to agree that the Vader Transformation set looks really nice and thanks for the hint with you tube it works fine

The images of Vader's Transformation look very promising, almost most impressive! :laugh:

It looks a bit more substantial that the Carbonite Chamber and so I'd expect it to be at a higher price point; possibly in the £25-£30 range.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the final version; it will be interesting if the figures are all new - in theory they could re-cycle Darth & The Emperor from 75093 plus 2-1B from 8096.  Definitely one to get in 2017; hopefully there will be some others!  I just hope that the rumours of a new UCS Falcon are true - it could be a great year to be a AFOL!

6 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Here ya go. Not strictly speaking a recent eta-2, but its basically the same build.

31317289104_7fb1bd08e0_m.jpg

That'll do great. Thank you! It's about twice the size of an Eta-2.

EDIT: Just saw the new pics - Vader's transformation looks great! A lot more substantial than the original. I'm afraid that it might be quite pricey, though.

Edited by Aethersprite

Does the fighter tank not have the turret on top? I'm gonna be disappointed if so.

6 minutes ago, arc said:

Does the fighter tank not have the turret on top? I'm gonna be disappointed if so.

No unfortunately not :sceptic:, from the looks it just has a hatch on the top that opens on the top. Then on the sides it has two guns, with a stud shooter on each side. It looks like what they did is they cut off the top part from the last set and didn't slope the front part as much, and then they put the hatch basically over the pilot seat. I know that's a bit of a weird description, but it's about what I can give just looking at it a little bit, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Also Vader Transformation looks splendid. I'm excited for it! The build looks excellent and I'm glad we are getting lightsabers for Palpatine and Vader. The addition of the droids is a great surprise too. I'd expect the set to be more than 25USD, since it includes a lot of extras. I'm super excited for it. As soon as it comes out it is mine :grin:

57 minutes ago, Lobot said:

The images of Vader's Transformation look very promising, almost most impressive! :laugh:

It looks a bit more substantial that the Carbonite Chamber and so I'd expect it to be at a higher price point; possibly in the £25-£30 range.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the final version; it will be interesting if the figures are all new - in theory they could re-cycle Darth & The Emperor from 75093 plus 2-1B from 8096.  Definitely one to get in 2017; hopefully there will be some others!  I just hope that the rumours of a new UCS Falcon are true - it could be a great year to be a AFOL!

Look at the model again. Three minifigs plus a medical Droid and other medical Droid build. You are looking at at least 60 USD.

3 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Look at the model again. Three minifigs plus a medical Droid and other medical Droid build. You are looking at at least 60 USD.

on and on its still cheaper than the Vader Transformation small box was nowadays, am I right :)

Wasn't Vaders Transformation rumored to be 40-50$? It looks like it has anywhere between 300-400pcs and 3 minifigures: Vader, Palpatine and burned Anakin. Sounds reasonable.

2 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

on and on its still cheaper than the Vader Transformation small box was nowadays, am I right :)

Haha indeed! I really like that medical Droid build. May have to buy this on sale or see if I have the pieces to build it.

2 hours ago, arc said:

To be fair, the turret on the old one did not look good either.

The Transformation set looks amazing, it's good to see they've aimed for a more "complete" look this time. I like the inclusion of the lightsaber stand and medical droids. 

Leaked sets video removed.

Edited by LuxorV
Leakes are not allowed nor welcome here. Thanks.

Thanks for the effort but the reason no-one had done that is cause the mods aren't gonna like it because they have a deal (or whatever) with TLG so that they don't show leaked pictures and TLG gives them review copies and completion prizes. 

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

On 1/5/2017 at 5:24 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Nah, they'll probably redo a more accurate version of him in a couple of years' time. To get our money :wink:

Kids, the target audience for that set, wouldn't care much about inaccurate rank insignias.

Definitely! I assumed that when the sets came out… after all RO is an anthology film and is part of the canon, not like some non-canonical book or non-permanent TV series.

Well, there is somewhat of a way...

Remember the custom Imperial Officer torso decals? I have thankfully kept a set of Captain (6-square rank insignia) and High Admiral (12-squares; same as the older Piett minifig); but have also made myself proper Grand Admiral and Grand Moff rank insignias should the need arise. More patterns are still WIPs...

On 1/5/2017 at 6:04 AM, BrickLord123 said:

Actually, the set description only states Thrawn as 'Admiral Thrawn' which means he hasn't been promoted yet. It could have been deliberately done by Lego. However, I'm with all the rest of you guys, I want the insignia changed.

Well, you're not alone.

There was this old thread for Custom Imperial Officer torso decals. If you can find it there are extra decals which involve rank insignias. I've used Microsoft Paint to make myself a Grand Admiral's rank insignia plaque but the only headache comes with finding the right decal paper.

The only feasible type of decal paper would be either the 'transclucent' vinyl decal paper of the type they use for waterslide decals.

Extra 'parts' from that said thread are included in the attachment.

IMG_5278.PNG

The figure that is supposed to represent the clone in the video is a total white one with yellow hands indicating that it will be a new figure so heres hoping it'll be Bly yet :)

I recently got the Carbon Freezing Chamber for Christmas and other than some of the parts and the figs I absolutely HATED it. But I really enjoyed the mechanism so I'm glad to see it carried over into the Darth Vader set. The new set looks really good. I'll definitely get it if its around $25 like the Carbon Freezing set.