Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 5/25/2016 at 8:49 AM, Stash2Sixx said:

75167 Battle Pack

Subtheme: Bounty Hunters? 
Release: 2017 Summer
-snip-
Minifigs: Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, and 1 more (4-LOM or Zuckuss are the guesses, but nothing is certain at the moment)

I'm so glad that Bossk is coming in a battle pack. I hope we get a different head colour because I believe sand green is NOT the right colour for his head.

11 minutes ago, makoy said:

I'm so glad that Bossk is coming in a battle pack. I hope we get a different head colour because I believe sand green is NOT the right colour for his head.

I vote... purple?

What color would work better?

42 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Adjustment for inflation.

$500 in 2007 is $582 today, so hopefully it's not more than $600

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

A leaker has all but confirmed a new UCS Falcon.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

This looks like the exact copy of 10179 cropped with the Photoshop magic wand and filled with black. 

Uh.... I felt a disturbance in the force, as if people who bought this from the after market or bricklinked the thing suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced .

I already shudder at the MSRP!

Holy Shit! Where can I find it?

2 minutes ago, starwars4ever said:

Do we have any more information of the supposed UCS Falcon coming out? I can't find it on Flickr, and it just came out of the blue.

^ same

48 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I vote... purple?

What color would work better?

LOL. Barney?

44 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Dark tan.

Yes, this is more appropriate. They can add some sand green spots but I think majority of Bossk colour should be dark tan.

Super excited for the Bounty Hunter pack. I don't own any of the rumored figures and it's nice that Lego is entering uncharted territory with so many named characters in such a small set.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh.

Also are the alternate builds in this video legit?

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/starwars/products/yodas-jedi-starfighter-75168

Nice find. I'm also curious to see if these builds are possible with this set.  I have little to no interest in Yodas Starfighter, but I do need a Yoda minifigure and the second build looked a bit like Yodas hut.

1 hour ago, makoy said:

LOL. Barney?

Bossk is a Trandoshan from our imagination... :laugh:

Bossk

Here's an image of him.

Found this while looking on Flickr.

Bossk!

What. The. Heck.

Also, about the UCS Falcon, super excited. But oh gosh, I need to get 75159 first. Am gonna be sooo broke.

Edited by VaderFan2187

4 hours ago, TheRacker said:

I would love if they reintroduced it with updates and new figs, now that I have a job I can pick one up!  Hopefully they don't give it the 75159 treatment and jack up the price 25% for a few extra pieces though.

Reintroducing it with new figures is one thing, but reintroducing it with significant updates would be much better. Personally, I would have paid even more for 75159 had they significantly improved it. Instead, I'm planning to pass on it entirely. The UCS Falcon WAS amazing, but it had some negatives... Adding interiors with more playability would easily make it worth $600-$650 IMHO. I think a lot of the reason the UCS Slave 1 was so successful was because it wasn't just a model, and the designers made sure to assemble a good build with great playability and features.

1 hour ago, thorin said:

Reintroducing it with new figures is one thing, but reintroducing it with significant updates would be much better. Personally, I would have paid even more for 75159 had they significantly improved it. Instead, I'm planning to pass on it entirely. The UCS Falcon WAS amazing, but it had some negatives... Adding interiors with more playability would easily make it worth $600-$650 IMHO. I think a lot of the reason the UCS Slave 1 was so successful was because it wasn't just a model, and the designers made sure to assemble a good build with great playability and features.

Yep. 10179 DEFINITELY needed an interior. Was very disappointed when watching reviews.

UCS Falcon? For goodness sake. Not only do I not want one, even if I did (and for most of you folk here), the price is going to be off the charts. This is disappointing news, but I knew it was coming. I hope the UCS Snowspeeder rumour is false and we're getting another UCS set instead.

There's no way I can buy UCS Falcon (I don't have anywhere to display it anyway) but I'm happy for people who'd been waiting. I hope they make it justice and add interior this time.

2 minutes ago, Dharkan said:

There's no way I can buy UCS Falcon (I don't have anywhere to display it anyway) but I'm happy for people who'd been waiting. I hope they make it justice and add interior this time.

You know they won't. It's going to be an exact rehash with some alterations, plus a bigger price tag (probably). You know, just like the Death Star last year. :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

-2017: 40th Anniversary of Star Wars (1977)

-2017: 10th Anniversary of #10179 - Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon

-Which theme will warrant a 6,000+ piece model?

-Which icon would realistically beat #10189 - Taj Mahal's piece count of 5,922?

I reckon all the possibilities point towards it happening. I'm sure the price isn't going to please everyone and if it does most people may not have the space to display such a large model. Nevertheless I hope they do release a new one that is much better than 2007's #10179 with a much more realistic design and possibly key interior details. I've found this fantastic MOC on Flickr by Marshal Banana, I hope would hope it's something along the lines of this model. If that's the case I'll be willing to purchase it regardless of price and a coffee table to display it on.

I reckon the new UCS Millennium Falcon will go down in history being the largest LEGO set ever and I think it will stay that way for a couple of decades. It will be interesting if they announce it on April 1st and everyone reckons they are trolling the fans given how much popularity surrounds the original #10179 model.

23325263653_190a3f7efd_z.jpgMillennium Falcon (Starwars VII) by marshal banana, on Flickr

It'll have two radar dishes, one round, one rectangular, so that you can show it as in Ep 4-6, or in Ep 7.

Source: Sources. Don't be nosy.