Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

14 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Those that have the inability to read and cannot determine when the sets will be released...ignore them.  This isn't the SW 2017 question thread; the info is given and they need to learn how to read the posts.  If there is too much crap, and there really is, then I guess we should fix that.  Also, when I worked for LEGO Brand Retail, the company could change their mind whenever the hell they wanted to...so...nothing is concrete.

And I've been avoiding the thread because I still haven't seen Rogue One and won't be able to until this week.  Retail holiday can take it's toll!  

I will not lock this thread, don't worry...but I will be cleaning house here very quickly!

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

They aren't delayed.

They are precisely on schedule for their release schedule in 2017.

They are delayed, though. The US has always received the Winter Wave on January 1st. A March release is an abnormality due in part to a huge logistical error, much like last year. The fact that it's happened again is ridiculous. Extremely unfair to those dedicated to buying sets as soon as they release. The sets should always be released at the exact same time globally. but apparently that's no longer going to happen. I'm incredibly frustrated with the delayed release, and I'd imagine a lot of others are as well. It's not fair to gloat about the US not receiving the sets on time. I've seen a lot of that in this thread, unfortunately.

Edited by Nokturn

1 hour ago, Nokturn said:

They are delayed, though. The US has always received the Winter Wave on January 1st. A March release is an abnormality due in part to a huge logistical error, much like last year. The fact that it's happened again is ridiculous. Extremely unfair to those dedicated to buying sets as soon as they release. The sets should always be released at the exact same time globally. but apparently that's no longer going to happen. I'm incredibly frustrated with the delayed release, and I'd imagine a lot of others are as well. It's not fair to gloat about the US not receiving the sets on time. I've seen a lot of that in this thread, unfortunately.

Releasing sets at the exact same time globally is logistically near impossible to achieve. It's honestly pretty funny to me that people are losing their minds over not getting stuff sooner or as soon as others.  There are also other themes released in the US way ahead of the rest of the world this wave (and pretty much any wave ever). Some people don't care about those of course but it doesn't really change reality. Can't get everything everywhere at the same time.

Also can you really say that the US has always received the Winter Wave on January 1st if it's now second year in a row that it hasn't? I get that people are frustrated about it, but it's not like you've ever gotten a guarantee. And you can still buy everything as soon as they release like always. You just have to wait until your region's release or you shell out more cash to import them. This happens with most consumer products, you wait your turn or you pay more.

And of course people are gloating, the region that usually goes first is whining about not being in the front of the line anymore. Seems like a perfectly natural, albeit a bit immature perhaps, a reaction to claims of "unfairness" and general outbursts of frustration over something no one is entitled to in the first place.

Edited by khatmorg

2 hours ago, Nokturn said:

The sets should always be released at the exact same time globally. but apparently that's no longer going to happen.

That's never happened... and every other recent post has explained why it hasn't and won't.

All that's changed is the order of who gets new sets first.

7 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Those that have the inability to read and cannot determine when the sets will be released...ignore them.  This isn't the SW 2017 question thread; the info is given and they need to learn how to read the posts.  If there is too much crap, and there really is, then I guess we should fix that.  Also, when I worked for LEGO Brand Retail, the company could change their mind whenever the hell they wanted to...so...nothing is concrete.

And I've been avoiding the thread because I still haven't seen Rogue One and won't be able to until this week.  Retail holiday can take it's toll!  

I will not lock this thread, don't worry...but I will be cleaning house here very quickly!

Have you considered simply locking this thread and only updating it when mods are PM'd information, and creating a separate thread where people can discuss their opinions on the sets themselves and muse away about the future/what will happen during the year? I feel like doing at least the latter would solve what you've been complaining about for weeks now.

50 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Have you considered simply locking this thread and only updating it when mods are PM'd information, and creating a separate thread where people can discuss their opinions on the sets themselves and muse away about the future/what will happen during the year? I feel like doing at least the latter would solve what you've been complaining about for weeks now.

I'd say creating a new thread just for news would be the better option. All the discussion is already here, no point in moving it somewhere else.

Or can we have a ucs rumor only forum?  It's impossible to read potential rumors with all the wish list, day 1 purchase comments, price discussions etc. 

Thx mods

Why are there no rumors on UCS sets yet?

Did LEGO create some disjointed Episode IV scene and, because of the reception to Assault on Hoth, are afraid to reveal it now? :sceptic:

Well, I think if one wants a rumors only forum (basically that would be like 10 comments a year (lol) It's actually not more than that when someone actually have a new and real rumor to share.  Then that thread should be locked most of the time, and then only when someone actually have something to share, they should ask the administrator to temporary unlock it...

Well, it'd be nice to get ucs only rumors in a nice consolidated format.  Just suggesting another thread for a different type of Lego Star Wars audience.  Not everyone's interested in reading/filtering 200+ pages of comments on non ucs items. hehe. Anyways I'm sure the mods will figure out how to regulate it in an efficient way. They currently do a fine job.   

10 hours ago, Nokturn said:

USA always got movies earlier. Weeks, months.....for example: Episode I was released in May 1999....many european countries got it in september.

DVDs? In the early years of DVD the USA got 'em first....and often those releases were better (more extras)

Imperial Assault (a Star Wars board game): yup, USA gets the expansions first.

Also, there are still several books which are released in America before they get a 'rest of the world' release.

And yes, finally....after all those years now european countries get something first. Why can't people deal with this....just like europe dealt with it for so many years? And if you really want those sets right now....you can order them online (Amazon UK etc)

Now excuse me....I have a Phantom 2 and a Rogue One Y-Wing to build...  :wink: (hope you can see the humour of this)

1 hour ago, dljbae said:

Well, it'd be nice to get ucs only rumors in a nice consolidated format.  Just suggesting another thread for a different type of Lego Star Wars audience.  Not everyone's interested in reading/filtering 200+ pages of comments on non ucs items. hehe. Anyways I'm sure the mods will figure out how to regulate it in an efficient way. They currently do a fine job.   

It wouldn't be 200+ pages of comments if it was news only though. It would be perfectly possible to look through all the news to find just the UCS news, because there really isn't a lot of news, so a news only thread would suffice.

7 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

And if you really want those sets right now....you can order them online (Amazon UK etc)

That's where you're dead wrong. I just checked. Amazon.co.uk will not ship the sets to the US, free or otherwise.

Anyone in the US has no way of getting these sets for months. That's ridiculous, and if you can't see that, then you have no compassion.

46 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

That's where you're dead wrong. I just checked. Amazon.co.uk will not ship the sets to the US, free or otherwise.

Anyone in the US has no way of getting these sets for months. That's ridiculous, and if you can't see that, then you have no compassion.

eBay? Bricklink? Asking someone on this forum if he/she can ship them?

The good thing is: you will get them eventually.

There have been several things 'the rest of the world' never got in the pre-internet days. (But that's a different discussion)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

54 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

Hear me out, every single member on this board has experienced a delay when it comes to Set Waves, everyone. I get how it feels and I know how annoying it is. But complaining won't make it get there faster.

Surely some people on Bricklink must have some of these sets and ships to the US?

Edited by Tariq j

Just now, Tariq j said:

Hear me out, every single member on this board has experienced a delay when it comes to Set Waves, everyone. I get how it feels and I know how annoying it is. But complaining won't make it get there faster.

Surely some people on Bricklink must have some of these sets and ships to the US?

My issue is with those who are bragging about getting the sets earlier. I do not understand the mindset of those people. It's like people are happy that the release is heavily delayed for those in the US. That frustrates me greatly, and I believe I have every right to express that.

As far as Bricklink goes, there are very few sellers who are offering the sets at this time. The sellers that have them also have very expensive shipping costs, ones which I cannot afford in addition to the price of the sets themselves. I am at a total loss here, and I'd imagine that many others in the US are, too. We have to wait, once again, to obtain these sets. Whether it's due to a huge logistical error, or done completely on purpose by TLG, it's ridiculously unfair and should not happen. Especially when we've been used to a set date of January 1st every single year.

I don't think people are exactly happy about it, just that it's a change from the norm of seeing NA get the sets early when we have to wait. And you sum it up completely in your last sentence. You're used to it, getting sets on schedule. Most of us often have to wait for sets to come out in our regions when you are away building and reviewing the new sets. We're used to getting sets delayed, whereas you're used to having them on time or early. It's not fair, you're right, but I think people aren't exactly happy you're getting them late, just a little relieved that we're getting them earlier for once (especially with licensed themes, you often seem to get them earlier than everyone else).

Anyway, we should probably move on from this topic, it's clearly a sensitive one for most and it might turn ugly if we keep going.

On 26.12.2016 at 0:51 AM, Magmafrost said:

Or, you know, two x-wings on shelves is ok but 3 isn't.

They wouldn't have discontinued the OT X-Wing in 2012 then. Around 2005 Lego got a large number of e-mails inquiring why the 4502 X-Wing was discontinued so fast so they released the 6212 X-Wing which was in production from 2006 to 2011, directly followed by the 2012 X-Wing that also had a longer shelf-life than normal until 2015.

2 hours ago, Nokturn said:

The same way I can't buy Lego cheaper from the US (from sites like BBTS) and have it shipped to Europe. Welcome to the club.

1 hour ago, Nokturn said:

My issue is with those who are bragging about getting the sets earlier. I do not understand the mindset of those people. It's like people are happy that the release is heavily delayed for those in the US. That frustrates me greatly, and I believe I have every right to express that.

As far as Bricklink goes, there are very few sellers who are offering the sets at this time. The sellers that have them also have very expensive shipping costs, ones which I cannot afford in addition to the price of the sets themselves. I am at a total loss here, and I'd imagine that many others in the US are, too. We have to wait, once again, to obtain these sets. Whether it's due to a huge logistical error, or done completely on purpose by TLG, it's ridiculously unfair and should not happen. Especially when we've been used to a set date of January 1st every single year.

This post is exactly why people are bragging. 

The Lego Group must know what they are doing to rake in over $5B USD of business every year. Maybe this keeps happening because NA retailers get more stock overall at it takes longer to sell off.  Can anyone in NA working at retail confirm those shipments of Winter 2017 waves are sitting in boxes for the next 4 months? For customer complaints, I believe it's the same form for the US and Canada, so let 'er rip: https://www.lego.com/en-us/service But it is to them we should be complaining on this matter - and no one else. 

Does anyone with a 75170 Phantom II want to humor us with a photo of how it docks with 75053 The Ghost? I don't know about you guys but even the first Phantom 75048 didn't really look right attached to the Ghost either - I display them separately. This new Phantom II looks to be much taller.

75172 Y Wing Starfighter: I can't believe it but I have to get this. The fuselage, the engine tips. What a work of art. TLG rehashes constantly and people bicker but the end result is we keep approaching the "perfect" version of each.

Edited by darththeling

2 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Does anyone with a 75170 Phantom II want to humor us with a photo of how it docks with 75053 The Ghost? I don't know about you guys but even the first Phantom 75048 didn't really look right attached to the Ghost either - I display them separately. This new Phantom II looks to be much taller.

The review for it on Brickset has photos of it docked with the Ghost, spoilers: it looks terrible. It also has no stud connections.

Edited by khatmorg

Thanks, khatmor. I will leave that photo from Brickset's review here for others to see... to be fair it looks a little silly docked on the show, too. Oh well. At least there is a semblance of an interior to the shuttle this time around. 

2l9tgmo.jpg

Tbh I hope Lego will remake Ghost since original version looks really bad in my opinion , and Phantom 2 looks so bad when attached to original Ghost! It seems Lego really wanted to have that connection to Ghost and they sacrificed scale from 2011 Separatist Shuttle set . I mean that Separatist Shuttle was a great set and if Lego just remade in new colors and with a few new techniques and functions and Phantom 2 would have been a great set!