Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

A bit of trivia for those who wounder why Shoretroopers use alien conquest gun instead of standart blaster: they use more advanced E-22 blaster which have 2 barrels instead of standart E-11 which normal blaster is based on.

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Considering that these sets won't be released until March in the US, are there any ways to get the sets earlier in the US?

It goes without saying that you could just import them from amazon, or ebay, or bricklink. Just keep in mind that you'll pay way more than US MSRP, and then another 100% or so for shipping. 

I carelessly posted a spoiler in this thread and was warned not to, so it has been removed by an admin!

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Rogue One spoiler

Well its not like the XXXXXX was in Rogue One in a big away or anything its just in the back ground. If anything i would love to  get a set of the Hammerhead Corvette. 

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Mentioning previous Rogue One spoiler and shouldn't

I just read the review of the Phantom II on Brickset, I'm very pleased to see that it can, in fact, connect to the Ghost.

The sets not being out in the US until March is rather frustrating but at least it gives me time to catch up with sets from this year I haven't nabbed yet and the Azure Angel from 2015, my window is closing on that one!

Edited by ToaDraco

On 12/18/2016 at 7:18 PM, MandaloretheLesser said:

Well its not like the XXXXX was in Rogue One in a big away or anything its just in the back ground. If anything i would love to  get a set of the Hammerhead Corvette. 

I hope they make it, it could double as either a RO set or Rebels...

The new Phantom can connect to the Ghost but it sticks out like a sore thumb. Way out out of proportion... and while the effort is commendable, I wish the designer just made it smaller because the set won't perfectly resemble the model anyway.

I can't remember the new Phantom docking with the Ghost in the current series anyway, so not sure if making it dockable was necessary.

I built the Battle of Scarif set and the two Battlepacks over the weekend...very nice. The Battle of Scarif set in particular looks great and is one of my favourite Star Wars location sets.

I really like the Scariff set, love that build. I'm not wild about the minifigures though. Seems kind of odd that Jyn didn't get a new hairpiece, the piece they chose just doesn't fit at all. Really, looking at the 2017 sets, Star Wars seems to be falling behind in terms of minifigures. Sure, lots of special molding and printing for aliens, but regular humans seem to get the shaft in terms of design. Many characters just come out looking too generic, it's a shame that Jyn sort of falls into this category.

Edited by strangely

5 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

I can't remember the new Phantom docking with the Ghost in the current series anyway, so not sure if making it dockable was necessary.

I built the Battle of Scarif set and the two Battlepacks over the weekend...very nice. The Battle of Scarif set in particular looks great and is one of my favourite Star Wars location sets.

Phantom II has docked with The Ghost on the show, you first see it in "Iron Squadron" which has the YT-2400 in, which I'm very surprised we haven't gotten a set of. I want Dash Rendar as a minifig!

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Phantom II has docked with The Ghost on the show, you first see it in "Iron Squadron" which has the YT-2400 in, which I'm very surprised we haven't gotten a set of. I want Dash Rendar as a minifig!

Well you're not going to get him from that Episode...  the ship would be nice though, use the rotating element from the T6 Jedi Shuttle and taddah! 

I agree with all of those people who want a set if the (edited), as that was really cool in RO and it looks interesting.

Edited by robertgorman2505
Spoiler removed

8 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I agree with all of those people who want a set if the (edited) as that was really cool in RO and it looks interesting.

Spoiler...

5 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Spoiler...

Not necessarily many fans spotted (edited) in the second RO trailer and saying they were cool is pretty obvious considering they are really cool, but no spoilers here. 

12 hours ago, strangely said:

I really like the Scariff set, love that build. I'm not wild about the minifigures though. Seems kind of odd that Jyn didn't get a new hairpiece, the piece they chose just doesn't fit at all. Really, looking at the 2017 sets, Star Wars seems to be falling behind in terms of minifigures. Sure, lots of special molding and printing for aliens, but regular humans seem to get the shaft in terms of design. Many characters just come out looking too generic, it's a shame that Jyn sort of falls into this category.

II wouldn't exactly say that they focus on aliens either, t's only Moroff and Raddus in the Y-wing and Thrawn. Tusken raider is old and the wee quay skiff guard... without molded head and with printed hair on the torso... again...  No they are not living up to expectations here either according to me

3 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I was thinking that as well. Doesn't really matter to me since I've seen the movie, but I'd say it's a spoiler nonetheless.

@Stash2Sixx

I've seen the movie as well... but to call the existence of an expected ship to appear without telling about any circumstances around it and call it spoiler... that's just waaaaay too sensitive...

1 minute ago, Sneakguest said:

II wouldn't exactly say that they focus on aliens either, t's only Moroff and Raddus in the Y-wing and Thrawn. Tusken raider is old and the wee quay skiff guard... without molded head and with printed hair on the torso... again...  No they are not living up to expectations here either according to me

I've seen the movie as well... but to call the existence of an expected ship to appear without telling about any circumstances around it and call it spoiler... that's just waaaaay too sensitive...

Personally, I don't really care, I've seen the movie, but there may be people out there who might get a little touchy and call it a spoiler. Honestly I think it'd just be beneficial for a mod to edit it out just in case someone does come along and deem it spoilery enough to get angry.

Anyway, we should probably leave this topic be and move on. Has anyone managed to get a hold of the A-Wing yet? Anyone got pictures of the new Lando?

10 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

But the aliens at least come out looking less generic and some actually get some decent printing (Even the droids get decent printing and sculpting). The people on the other hand usually come out looking like generic nameless army builders. Both of Jyn's appearances are marred by this generic look and lack of effort. A special hairpiece in the Scariff set would have set her apart from the many nameless imperial minifigures we get (Or the unending amount of female characters that Lego slaps this overused hairpiece on).

Edited by strangely

Having seen the movie twice now, I am a bit suprised there is no 4-wing Cargo Shuttle. It plays a pretty big role in Rogue One.  Maybe for next year's summer wave?

1 minute ago, merman said:

Having seen the movie twice now, I am a bit suprised there is no 4-wing Cargo Shuttle. It plays a pretty big role in Rogue One.  Maybe for next year's summer wave?

Wait for the New Year.... I have a minifig-scale SW-0608 under construction.

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

The next magazine mini model:

2iu5fea.jpg

This actually looks really good.

That looks fantastic!

Sorry about mentioning a "spoiler" guys, but I really didn't see it as that. What I do not understand is why my post was edited even though if you scroll up another post by someone else clearly states that the ship mentioned was in RO and it wasn't edited out. Anyway, I apologise to any one who did see it as a spoiler.

1 hour ago, merman said:

What minifigs would they include?  Or would they just repeat ones we already have like Bohdi?  Maybe a Galen Erso and a regular stormtrooper, but that's a bit of a stretch.