Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

I thought I'd had my fill of x-wings of late but after seeing the film I'd love to see a blue Squadron x-wing with General Merrick!

I like the partisan one with the black chevrons on it, perhaps we get Saw there...

They have all sets on a 30 % discount on BR in Sweden the whole weekend, but they don't have any sets in stock on internet yet, hope they get something before sunday ends! I really want that Moroff but I refuse to pay full lego price for new sets...

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

They have all sets on a 30 % discount on BR in Sweden the whole weekend, but they don't have any sets in stock on internet yet, hope they get something before sunday ends! I really want that Moroff but I refuse to pay full lego price for new sets...

More likely the store is actively holding back the new stock until the end of the sale. Hell the sale might be specifically to reduce the stock they have on older sets

28 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Again with the 2 month delay on the NA release? That's the second year in a row. What the hell is LEGO doing that for?

At least last time they did it they had the new film stuff like Tacky Dacky and the Resistance Troop Transport. Seems like we're not getting the Rogue One stuff early. :/

The two month delay isnt as bad as what happened last year. We didnt even get half the sets until four months after.

1 hour ago, just2good said:

At least last time they did it they had the new film stuff like Tacky Dacky and the Resistance Troop Transport. Seems like we're not getting the Rogue One stuff early. :/

Why do you always say Tacky Dacky? :D

Anyway, does the New Phantom fit on the Ghost?

12 hours ago, Wout said:

They had this sort of discounts before. It's most of the time below 15%, but they give higher "normal" prices so it looks better.

For instance the Sw Battle packs were two months ago E 15,99 now they are for sale from E 17,99 for E 15,29.

An official consuming organisation already comments on this and said toyshops do that next year can get get a fine.

Ugh, I keep forgetting about the raised 'normal' prices, damnit :hmpf_bad:

Also, about Thrawn, I'm considering adding yellow epaullettes (spellcheck?) to make him slightly more accurate.

Regards,
Mitch

13 hours ago, Forresto said:

Anyone have any ideas on how to add yellow pips to Thrawn's rank badge?

I was thinking of maybe cutting the yellow sticker that comes with the Phantom and carefully putting them on the necessary three pips. 

Please can we keep this thread specifically for 2017 sets and rumours - this isn't really on topic, thanks :classic:

I was Rogue One yesterday, and it didn't disappoint.  Without giving any of the plot away there's plenty of material for TLG to work from and the current new sets are good reflections of the film models etc; I think that mortesv will enjoy some of the closing scenes especially! :wink: There were also some nice little moments that OT fans will enjoy - and several other interesting touches that you'll need to look out for.  There's a couple of characters that I'd seen in LEGO form which only make very brief appearances in the film; and conversely others that haven't been made that should be!  Hopefully they'll appear later this year.

1 minute ago, Lobot said:

I think that mortesv will enjoy some of the closing scenes especially! :wink: 

I think I will too! :wink:

Okay, I did watch the ending scene on reddit. And I do like it.

Just build the 75171 Battle on Scarif. Like the idea of the set and the platform (all stickers btw), but a bigger platform would have been nice. 

Anyway here are some pics (not the best quality but my camera doesn't do what I want and I don't have a photo box thingie): 

Lego Star Wars 75171 Battle on Scarif

Forgot to put the orange crate on the pictures, but it's the same as in the Hover Tank set. 

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

That's a neat set. but its price point is ridiculous.

Agreed - it has one fig less than Takodana which was already on the pricey side. Still, looks like one to pick up with some discount because Shoretroopers!

I also agree with @Lobot, after seeing the movie, that there's still plenty to work with for TLG - mostly big ships seen in the trailers, but another T-65 X-Wing wouldn't hurt. The 2012 looks painfully outdated next to the amazing TFA one.

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

That's a neat set. but its price point is ridiculous.

I agree. The set looks pretty good and accurate for its size, but the price tag can be a big turn-off for many peoples. It's pretty much the same reason why I didn't get the Takodana set. I see little to no logical reason for the price tag to be that high.

11 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

More likely the store is actively holding back the new stock until the end of the sale. Hell the sale might be specifically to reduce the stock they have on older sets

You were so right! I called to one store today and they said that the launch the sets on monday, so yes, the sale is probably to clear the shelves. So I guess the only choice then I have is the lego store. I gonna see R1 in three hours and have to build that Y-Wing when I get home. But at least lego store has double VIP's the A-wing pilot and Gingerbread guy as a bonus if you buy and the legostore is on my tramline, so no hustle to pass in on way to town ;) 

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Why do you always say Tacky Dacky? :D

Anyway, does the New Phantom fit on the Ghost?

ghost%20II%201_zpsvynl5rol.jpg~originalh

It fits!, but it looks really big on it.

ghost%20II%203_zpsxmrrxe5t.jpg~original

it's a bit bigger then the phantom I

ghost%20II%202_zpspswzzyee.jpg~original

Edited by firefox

They should've just gone and made it closer to its actual scale without trying to make it so it would fit the Ghost. The end result of that looks absolutely dreadful. 

20 minutes ago, Forresto said:

They should've just gone and made it closer to its actual scale without trying to make it so it would fit the Ghost. The end result of that looks absolutely dreadful. 

You're totally right. I don't know what the designers were thinking when they made it possible to attach to Ghost even if the scale is totally off... was it just coincidence that it fits?

Edited by makoy

6 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Just build the 75171 Battle on Scarif. Like the idea of the set and the platform (all stickers btw), but a bigger platform would have been nice. 

Anyway here are some pics (not the best quality but my camera doesn't do what I want and I don't have a photo box thingie): 

*snip*

Forgot to put the orange crate on the pictures, but it's the same as in the Hover Tank set. 

Does any of the star wars ships fit?

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

29 minutes ago, jmontero said:

Does any of the star wars ships fit?

The door leads to troop transport to carry the orange crates so by right ships are not expected to fit.

53 minutes ago, makoy said:

You're totally right. I don't know what the designers were thinking when they made it possible to attach to Ghost even if the scale is totally off... was it just coincidence that it fits?

No, it's not, the underside is so made that it coinsides perfectly with the ghosts docking station.

16 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Some stores have them even though it does not say on the internet.

Here in Denmark i found the battle packs and the u-wing in a random BR.