Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

So, err, what's happened to the A-Wing? Yesterday it was just the A-Wing up on the site, due to be released today, bot now everything else is up and not a trace of the A-Wing. I mean, I'm probably not going to pick it up any time soon, but I'm curious as to what's happening there.

Also, are there any reviews up yet? Sets were released yesterday here, so there should be a few soon.

It's still up on S@H in The Netherlands. 

EDIT: Just ordered the Phantom for €30 which I think is a good price for this set. 

Edited by Kevii23
Update

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

It's still up on S@H in The Netherlands. 

EDIT: Just ordered the Phantom for €30 which I think is a good price for this set. 

How did you get the Phantom for €30?

35 minutes ago, scoiltreasa said:

How did you get the Phantom for €30?

It's up for 32.50 on Bol.com and had 2.50 birthdaydiscount. Free shipping.

They also have the Scarif Battle for 50€.

I'm currently in the proces of building the A-wing. It's a fantastic looking craft and I actually dig the color of Lando's torso, however...

- You could build 2 microfighters with the amount of pieces needed for the 2 side engines.

- Everything is extremely detailed, except for the cockpit interior: great amount of space, just 4 pieces used for interior detail. There's also a ton of space underneath the centre engine. I guess this gives it a lot of options for modders.

I also just got The Phantom of the LEGO site and used some of my VIP Points to bring down the price - this is actually going to be the most expensive set I'm buying for Winter, so I thought I'd bring it down to a better price. Also, since it's Double Point at the moment, I've made most of that fiver back, so I'm satisfied. I'll post my thoughts on it once I get it. I also got the A-Wing Pilot too, so I'll do a little review on him as well.

Edited by Deathstroke77

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

That's 14.8 c/p then. That's a damn shame. For such a small set too.

It really is - it's the same price per piece ratio in the UK too. Thing is, LEGO know they can charge whatever they damn please for the set, since they know the big draw is Thrawn - collectors will be falling head over heels for him, no matter what the price is. Personally, I didn't buy this just for Thrawn - it's a really solid build, and Blind Kanan and Chopper are neat, too, but obviously, Thrawn is the big draw. Kind of like my feelings for Krennic's Shuttle. Amazing figs, the hevaily detailed Deathtroopers, Krennic himself, K-2SO, all very desirable figs, but the build there is fantastic, too, and great value for money.

Anyone have any ideas on how to add yellow pips to Thrawn's rank badge?

I was thinking of maybe cutting the yellow sticker that comes with the Phantom and carefully putting them on the necessary three pips. 

On 15-12-2016 at 6:21 PM, CF Mitch said:

The Dutch toystores Bart Smit (http://www.bartsmit.com/nl/bsnl/speelgoed/lego/lego-star-wars) and Intertoys (http://www.intertoys.nl/lego/lego-starwars) have the new sets on their webshop! With 15% discount! *oh2*

Ahem... *calms down*

They had this sort of discounts before. It's most of the time below 15%, but they give higher "normal" prices so it looks better.

For instance the Sw Battle packs were two months ago E 15,99 now they are for sale from E 17,99 for E 15,29.

An official consuming organisation already comments on this and said toyshops do that next year can get get a fine.

5 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Anyone have any ideas on how to add yellow pips to Thrawn's rank badge?

I was thinking of maybe cutting the yellow sticker that comes with the Phantom and carefully putting them on the necessary three pips. 

I don't see the harm in using a fine marker pen. Leave it to dry, and it should be fine. I did this with a Flash helmet piece before simply with whiteboard marker and it stays on fine. If you're something of a purist, then yeah, I'd do that. Or get a simple yellow sticker rather than one from the set and do the same.

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

I'm currently in the proces of building the A-wing. It's a fantastic looking craft and I actually dig the color of Lando's torso, however...

- You could build 2 microfighters with the amount of pieces needed for the 2 side engines.

- Everything is extremely detailed, except for the cockpit interior: great amount of space, just 4 pieces used for interior detail. There's also a ton of space underneath the centre engine. I guess this gives it a lot of options for modders.

Is it drastically different from Rebels version?

18 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I don't see the harm in using a fine marker pen. Leave it to dry, and it should be fine. I did this with a Flash helmet piece before simply with whiteboard marker and it stays on fine. If you're something of a purist, then yeah, I'd do that. Or get a simple yellow sticker rather than one from the set and do the same.

No im not typically a purist but I do want to make the mod look as seamless as possible. What  brand of marker do you use?

It was nothing special, just an ordinary marker. But, for such intricate detail, I'd try to get as fine a pen as you can.

Has anyone bought the Desert Skiff yet? I'm somewhat inclined to buy it, but it seems to lack in features, and none of the figs other than Chewie particularly appeal to me.

39 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Is it drastically different from Rebels version?

I would say so. Ofcourse they're both A-wings, but there are some big differences:

- Firing system: the new one uses nicely integrated "buttons" instead of the tricky firing system with elastic bands

- The engines: the new ones are completely brick-built, they don't use the big turbine parts

The finished product is great and I'm glad to add it to my collection, but it uses an enormous amount of pieces for such a small craft. It sure does not look like a €50,00 set.

I'm already modding the cockpit by the way. The pilot can use a nice seat.

20 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Has anyone bought the Desert Skiff yet? I'm somewhat inclined to buy it, but it seems to lack in features, and none of the figs other than Chewie particularly appeal to me.

I had in my hands today, but I put it back on the shelf. The only thing I really want from this set: Han's new hair piece. Not worth the €40,00 :P.

Edited by bountybossk

Wow people already have the sets! Are the sets on the shelves or anyone know any prices for the U.S.?

On 15/12/2016 at 7:39 PM, GeekByKnight said:

Back from Rogue One. No spoilers, but id be amazed if we get many more sets from the flick. Not a huge amount to go off of, they could MAYBE eek out a third wave, but itd have to be stuff like another X-wing and other shops we've seen Lego do already. The likely hood of a Saw Gerrera minifig seems to be zero. Theres no real set they could make to include him in really.

I thought I'd had my fill of x-wings of late but after seeing the film I'd love to see a blue Squadron x-wing with General Merrick!

Went to see Rogue One for a second time and got home to the delivered Battle on Scarif set. 

Will build it tomorrow and post some pictures if nobody else has already done that by that time.

8 minutes ago, FishW said:

Wow people already have the sets! Are the sets on the shelves or anyone know any prices for the U.S.?

The sets seem to be out in most places, but aren't out in NA yet.