Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 21-11-2016 at 9:46 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Super unlikely. The set names for summer are already out. :classic:

Where?

And nothing is ever shure with lego.

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you regarding the Duel of Fates; it could have been something great that's for sure. I think Rogue One sets have stole the show for Star Wars stuff at the moment.

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

The Netherlands will have the sets (I think only the Rogue One, but could be everything) in stock on friday 16 December.

Ooh, thanks for the info!

Do you happen to know which store(s) this goes for? Or is this a general thing, so all stores that sell LEGO?

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, That Orange Thing said:

We really do need to see Hi-res pictures to see some of the finer details in the figs so I'll hold off on my final judgement for now but on the whole they look good.

Just a couple of points. It does seem odd that the vents would be changed to grey (which they do at the moment) given they look blue in the films. Could this be the "with new hat" version that will force OCD buyers to get the latest version? If that's the case that would seem a very underhand move by lego. 

As for the Thrawn eye colour debate, I don't watch rebels but are his eyes always red or do they change? I ask because his head will no doubt be a two sided print, maybe one side is white and the other red. Just a little bit of hope for the Thrawn fans out there.

His eyes has always been red before he was put in Rebels since he was a EU character until now.

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

The Netherlands will have the sets (I think only the Rogue One, but could be everything) in stock on friday 16 December.

What's your source?

5 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

What's your source?

As stated before in another topic: I can't tell my source(s) so I will refer to them as Commander Jigglypuff in the future. 

On 11/21/2016 at 7:24 AM, Nokturn said:

Yep. Microfighters and Battlepacks are the same price that they've always been. Rest of the prices are as follows:

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter - $25

Duel On Naboo - $25

The Phantom - $30

Battle On Scarif - $50

Y-Wing Starfighter - $60

All prices are in USD. If anyone knows what the prices are in other currencies, feel free to chime in.

Thanks, Nokturn. Those prices are really a huge relief. They actually seem reasonable. 

Gonna take a stab at the Canadian prices, if the last couple of years are any indication:

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter - $30 CAD

Duel On Naboo - $30 CAD

The Phantom - $40 CAD

Battle On Scarif - $60 CAD

Y-Wing Starfighter - $75 CAD

13 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I'm not talking about the front "upside-down V" vent. It's the vents on the left and right sides of the helmet.

So am I, here's the current OT Stormtrooper:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/2/28/Stormtrooper2015.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141008180917

And here's the one from Rebels:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/f/f3/Stormtrooperrebels2015.png/revision/latest?cb=20150202222551

Edited by BigGuy4U
accidentally double-posted

On 11/9/2016 at 0:34 PM, Deathstroke77 said:

Heh, I dunno, I might, one day.

Ok, thanks.

So, just to clarify, are Thrawn and Kanan the only notable figs in that Thrawn set?

Get a High res picture the vents are navy blue. The rebels are light blue 

My weekend theory worked again! :grin:

Anyway, loving the Battle on Scarif! It has great mod potential. I can't wait to try and add an interior. I'm in the UK to see a family member on January 1st, does anybody know the price for the UK?

Since we didn't get Landspeeder pictures is it now considered retail exclusive? Desert Skiff was confirmed as exclusive, which explains lack of pictures, but Landspeeder... Any ideas ?

58 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Since we didn't get Landspeeder pictures is it now considered retail exclusive? Desert Skiff was confirmed as exclusive, which explains lack of pictures, but Landspeeder... Any ideas ?

At least both of them should show up on lego store when the rest of the sets are announced, like latest in mid december right? Wasn't it like that last year?

Bricklink has 2 more battle packs listed as per usual with a winter wave, but is there any solid information/widespread rumours about what they are? Since Regular Stormies, Deathtroopers, Duckface stormies, Rebels troopers and Resistance troopers are off the menu and prequel/clone wars stuff is(very unfortunately) becoming irrelevant for the time being it makes you'd wonder what they have left? At a guess I'd say possibly (minor rebels spoilers)

Spoiler

Imperial Super Commandos

But you'd still have one left over that I feel they'd have to get a little creative/obscure with. Rebel Scout Troopers from Episode IV? Desert Troopers? Ewoks?

Edited by Mark1006

17 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Bricklink has 2 more battle packs listed as per usual with a winter wave, but is there any solid information/widespread rumours about what they are? Since Regular Stormies, Deathtroopers, Duckface stormies, Rebels troopers and Resistance troopers are off the menu and prequel/clone wars stuff is(very unfortunately) becoming irrelevant for the time being it makes you'd wonder what they have left? At a guess I'd say possibly (minor rebels spoilers)

Hide contents

Imperial Super Commandos

But you'd still have one left over that I feel they'd have to get a little creative/obscure with. Rebel Scout Troopers from Episode IV? Desert Troopers? Ewoks?

According to rumours, the 2 more BPs are planned for a summer release.

1 hour ago, Mark1006 said:

Bricklink has 2 more battle packs listed as per usual with a winter wave, but is there any solid information/widespread rumours about what they are? 

Your guess makes the most sense. I'm still hoping for some shoretroopers, although I assume TLG just wants to force us to buy the bunker for them. There's still a chance it'll be something random like the shadow troopers battle pack. The only other semi-logical things I'm coming up with are Imperial Navy Troopers and Rebel Fleet Troopers.

I really like the new Phantom, but they muffed the hull form pretty badly. The upper sail is really supposed to bow outwards into the fuselage, and instead what we're getting is a sharp right angle. Once again, it's like the Lego designers really only glanced at the original for a few moments before building the model.

vBU17Ku.png

LEGO-2017-The-Phantom-Rebels-Set.jpg

It would have been entirely possible to do the shape correctly without dramatically expanding the part count - the pieces are certainly available.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

Not really an issue that bothers me about the Phantom. I just noticed that in the show, the landing gear still tucks underneath the fuselage like on a regular Separatist Shuttle, instead of pointing forwards in a horizontal position like on the Lego model.

When preliminary images came out, Chopper's droid socket was placed in the middle on the roof, but in the show it is on the right. I'm glad Lego slightly off-centered it on the final model, even if it's still kinda in the wrong place (unavoidable cause the whole ship is slightly scaled down).

20 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

I really like the new Phantom, but they muffed the hull form pretty badly. The upper sail is really supposed to bow outwards into the fuselage, and instead what we're getting is a sharp right angle. Once again, it's like the Lego designers really only glanced at the original for a few moments before building the model.

*snip*

*snip*

It would have been entirely possible to do the shape correctly without dramatically expanding the part count - the pieces are certainly available.

Yeah I noticed that too... they should have used the inverted arch piece

23 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

I disagree, there's a pretty piss poor selection of concave slope pieces, and all of them would lead to either the top fin being two studs wide, which would look ridiculous, or the thing falling apart if you breathe on it too hard, which obviously isnt super suitable for a children's toy (see TIE Crawler)

I would've preferred the introduction of small concave bowed plates, similar to the convex ones we have (I really, desperately need those to exist), but short of introducing those, they really couldn't do any better.

Edited by Magmafrost

12 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

I disagree, there's a pretty piss poor selection of concave slope pieces, and all of them would lead to either the top fin being two studs wide, which would look ridiculous, or the thing falling apart if you breathe on it too hard, which obviously isnt super suitable for a children's toy (see TIE Crawler)

I would've preferred the introduction of small concave bowed plates, similar to the convex ones we have (I really, desperately need those to exist), but short of introducing those, they really couldn't do any better.

Actually, I don't know that a two studs wide sail would have looked all that bad - the sail on the current Seperatist Shuttle (which is supposedly this ship 20 years prior) is that wide, and the sail on the in-universe Phantom II looks pretty chunky based on the screenshots I've seen. In fact, if you look at the sail on the model, it's one stud plus two plates on either side wide... which is actually wider than two studs.

On 23/11/2016 at 5:49 PM, benderisgreat said:

Desert Skiff was confirmed as exclusive

What do you mean by exclusive ? I'm looking for this set, especially the minifigures.

Ramses25

7 minutes ago, Ramses25 said:

What do you mean by exclusive ? I'm looking for this set, especially the minifigures.

Ramses25

Retail exclusive set is usually sold only at certain store chains like Target or Wallmart and Lego S@H site.