Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, La Chupacabra said:

No. They are not the same. Look at the vents. 

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

What's the difference? I feel blind. :look:

42 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Brickset has them listed as the same. Only appearing in 5 sets so far (including 2 advent calendars)

I really don't see any difference as well. So even if there is any, I suppose it's minor and something I can live with.
But like Legocity2713 says, this version has been in five sets, including this year's Advent Calendar and the latest Death Star. It would seem a bit odd if they'd change the design right now..
Especially since this design perfect, in my opinion (and many others', I believe).

Regards,
Mitch

6 hours ago, Nokturn said:

Yep. Microfighters and Battlepacks are the same price that they've always been. Rest of the prices are as follows:

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter - $25

Duel On Naboo - $25

The Phantom - $30

Battle On Scarif - $50

Y-Wing Starfighter - $60

All prices are in USD. If anyone knows what the prices are in other currencies, feel free to chime in.

Where did you get these prices? Brickset has no prices yet, so there no reliable information right now . If that's your guess prices, that's ok. And we don't even know piece counts so it's hard to guess.But unless you have credible source, please  don't pass those prices as official.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Where did you get these prices? Brickset has no prices yet, so there no reliable information right now . If that's your guess prices, that's ok. And we don't even know piece counts so it's hard to guess.But unless you have credible source, please  don't pass those prices as official.

The price rumors had been around since the preliminary images appeared, and they don't seem to have changed, so I guess it'd be more or less accurate.

Those prices are pretty good if true. Problem is how they'll be priced in Europe. €45 for the Imperial Hovertank, €130 for the Clone Turbo Tank...Pretty rough.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

As others have said, the prices were leaked in this very thread along with the initial preliminary images. Obviously they're not 100% official, but I'd be shocked if they were any different.

13 hours ago, brobert said:

Only one bigger vehicle, and even that is kinda shabby.

That is usual for this time of year. The big sets come out mid-year.

6 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I really don't see any difference as well. So even if there is any, I suppose it's minor and something I can live with.
But like Legocity2713 says, this version has been in five sets, including this year's Advent Calendar and the latest Death Star. It would seem a bit odd if they'd change the design right now..
Especially since this design perfect, in my opinion (and many others', I believe).

Regards,
Mitch

I pointed out the difference earlier in this thread: The new 2017 OT Stormie's side vents are slightly greyer/blacker, while the most recent OT Stormie had distinctly blue side vents. The rest of the design is identical, though.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I pointed out the difference earlier in this thread: The new 2017 OT Stormie's side vents are slightly greyer/blacker, while the most recent OT Stormie had distinctly blue side vents. The rest of the design is identical, though.

Well, minor differences won't really annoy army builders. :classic:  right? 

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

If I'm correct I believe CM4Sci released the price info for the Y-wing and Bunker. 

Yeah, I think so too. 

Is that absolute, or possibly angle or something? Slightly annoying and strange if so. At least it isn't suddenly a case of white hips with printing (actually I'd like that).

Really? I think it's just the angle and the lighting. But grey or blue, doesn't really matter to me.

Edited by VaderFan2187
EDIT: Upon second look at Brickset, I think it's dark grey now. Kudos to you Aethersprite for great eyesight! :)

26 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

The blue vents were only on the Rebels troopers, the OT ones have always had gray/black vents.

I'm not talking about the front "upside-down V" vent. It's the vents on the left and right sides of the helmet.

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

Is that absolute, or possibly angle or something? Slightly annoying and strange if so. At least it isn't suddenly a case of white hips with printing (actually I'd like that).

Well, this is just based off the pictures we already have, which aren't HD. Until we see hi-res official pictures, or in-hand photos, we wouldn't know for sure.

I think this proves above and beyond how big a star wars fan we are all that we've noticed the side vents on a stormtrooper helmet is a slightly different shade of blue/black. 

Edited by Forresto

50 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I think this proves above and beyond how big a star wars fan we are all that we've noticed the side vents on a stormtrooper helmet is a slightly different shade of blue/black. 

That's for sure! The devotion of Star Wars fans cannot be matched! :D

Edited by VaderFan2187

25 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's for sure! The devotion of Star Wars fans cannot be matched! :D

Oo I must be blind or just lacking in a fine eye for that level of detail. Though the blue on those vents seems slightly more navy blue in tone. I don't have a clean storm trooper with the most recent printing but the battlefront imperial pack has nearly identical printing (just with the added battle damage). On my troopers it is a very film accurate mid tone blue:

29482314083_9debd453c1.jpgPA042194 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

The ones in the reveal pictures reveal the same print (minus the damage) but it is hard to spot the actual hue of blue due to the low rez imaging on the picture. it could be the same shade of blue clumping up together to create the darker effect. I doubt they would do a do over on the hue unless absolutely necessary because the film was using a totally new hue. Not sure if that is the case though as the classic trooper looks identical to the OT ones to my eye. 

That said, the print on my shock troopers is most definitely using a noticeably darker shade of blue (almost blackish navy blue) and looks closer to the ones in the new battle pack. Maybe this is the blue they used? 

30109936195_9fbf18478b.jpgPA042197 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

30109936675_59d310be4a.jpgPA042200 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

We should just wait I think time will reveal all. 

Edited by Japanbuilder

@Japanbuilder thanks for the reference pictures! If you compare the pictures you took with the official images we just got:

75165-1.jpg?201611191024

75172-1.jpg?201611191030

The side vents on the helmets are definitely grey, not blue.

It's a minor nitpick and to be honest I can live with it since I'm not an army builder, but I know of many people who probably aren't... :wink:

But take a look at the other minifigs in the Y-wing set, the dark blue looks very not-so-blue compared to what it should

You are all a  passionate bunch. The over-analysis of Thrawn's eye colour and Storm troopers vents is testament to that.

However, I will reserve judgment until I see a high resolution pictures.... Because JPEGs compression can misrepresent the tiny variation of colour. Until then it's pretty much a guessing game -- red or black, grey or blue...

The vents are a pixely mess when magnified, you can't tell it from the current pictures. I am sure the vents will be some shade of blue seeing how Stormtroopers never had grey vents and the costumes for the movie Rogue One also kept blue vents.

The lack of Endor Strike Team helmets in the Rebel Battlepack is unfortunate. I hoped for some with the dark grey stripe to make some of the non-forrest camo Rebels from the old Battlefront games and maybe even with the dark green stripe as to update my old Endor rebels. I dislike painting but it seems a valid option now. Still wonder how the rebel army in the movie will look like. I actually even hoped for the big, dark green helmet from the U-Wing and the dark tan/dark grey Hoth caps seem rather useless.

I wonder what the summer Battlepacks will be like. The label of Episode 4 to 7 gives only a few options. Hoth would be the nicest with cheaper versions of the figures from the UCS Hoth Base and I can also see a true version of Endor Battlepacks with Scout Troopers, olive Rebels, Navy Troopers and Officers with hats. Even an Episode 4 Battlepack could be a great mix of Sandtroopers, Tantive IV, Yavin and Death Star figures.

8 minutes ago, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

The vents are a pixely mess when magnified, you can't tell it from the current pictures. I am sure the vents will be some shade of blue seeing how Stormtroopers never had grey vents and the costumes for the movie Rogue One also kept blue vents.

The lack of Endor Strike Team helmets in the Rebel Battlepack is unfortunate. I hoped for some with the dark grey stripe to make some of the non-forrest camo Rebels from the old Battlefront games and maybe even with the dark green stripe as to update my old Endor rebels. I dislike painting but it seems a valid option now. Still wonder how the rebel army in the movie will look like. I actually even hoped for the big, dark green helmet from the U-Wing and the dark tan/dark grey Hoth caps seem rather useless.

I wonder what the summer Battlepacks will be like. The label of Episode 4 to 7 gives only a few options. Hoth would be the nicest with cheaper versions of the figures from the UCS Hoth Base and I can also see a true version of Endor Battlepacks with Scout Troopers, olive Rebels, Navy Troopers and Officers with hats. Even an Episode 4 Battlepack could be a great mix of Sandtroopers, Tantive IV, Yavin and Death Star figures.

My ideal 4-7 battlepacks:

Imperial navy battle pack

1x navy trooper

1x imperial officer (new style tunic print and dbg cap - I would be delighted with either a generic relatively low ranking plaque/cylinder combo or one of the unique ones from ANH of one of the big shots, like Bast)

1x srormtrooper officer (like from the Death Star, but perhaps a different rank plaque)

1x stormtrooper (wouldn't really go with the Rogue one BP, so perhaps a black jumpsuited crewman instead)

And of either of these from the rebels:

Rebel pilots battle pack

4x rebel pilot with same design as that from 75032. Ideally, there would be detail and the arms, leg sides and black boots but that's a pipe dream. I would also like unique prints of fairly generic looking faces under each visor that could resemble some of the named pilots from the films. It would be amazing if there were helmet prints for red leader, red 4, gold5 and perhaps a generic blue or red rebel pheonix one as well, so there would be finally a possibility to make figures for those pilots. Now because the idea with the battle packs is to buy multiple, I think it would good for lego to just name these pilots as "rebel pilot", so that folks who aren't obsessed with them won't know that they're meant to be individual characters.

or 

an updated version of 7668, maybe with a more accurate helmet piece (a,though I think the current one is a good impression) with 4 alderaan troopers (again maybe with different faces with chin straps that are firstly generic looking abut still unique so it doesn't look like a clone army) and maybe a different vehicle 

4 minutes ago, atlas said:

My ideal 4-7 battlepacks:

Imperial navy battle pack

1x navy trooper

1x imperial officer (new style tunic print and dbg cap - I would be delighted with either a generic relatively low ranking plaque/cylinder combo or one of the unique ones from ANH of one of the big shots, like Bast)

1x srormtrooper officer (like from the Death Star, but perhaps a different rank plaque)

1x stormtrooper (wouldn't really go with the Rogue one BP, so perhaps a black jumpsuited crewman instead)

And of either of these from the rebels:

Rebel pilots battle pack

4x rebel pilot with same design as that from 75032. Ideally, there would be detail and the arms, leg sides and black boots but that's a pipe dream. I would also like unique prints of fairly generic looking faces under each visor that could resemble some of the named pilots from the films. It would be amazing if there were helmet prints for red leader, red 4, gold5 and perhaps a generic blue or red rebel pheonix one as well, so there would be finally a possibility to make figures for those pilots. Now because the idea with the battle packs is to buy multiple, I think it would good for lego to just name these pilots as "rebel pilot", so that folks who aren't obsessed with them won't know that they're meant to be individual characters.

or 

an updated version of 7668, maybe with a more accurate helmet piece (a,though I think the current one is a good impression) with 4 alderaan troopers (again maybe with different faces with chin straps that are firstly generic looking abut still unique so it doesn't look like a clone army) and maybe a different vehicle 

Is that a wishlist? :) *cough*

I don't really care about the vents, but they better get Thrawn's eyes right. Red eyes are such a defining part about him. Don't mess up, LEGO! >.< 

Battlefront Stormies also have blue vents. Also interestingly, the Shocktrooper from that battlepack has black vents and the red is very precisely printed rather than being messily slapped on like in the main menu close up or very faded and beaten up like in-game.

Edited by Mark1006

We really do need to see Hi-res pictures to see some of the finer details in the figs so I'll hold off on my final judgement for now but on the whole they look good.

Just a couple of points. It does seem odd that the vents would be changed to grey (which they do at the moment) given they look blue in the films. Could this be the "with new hat" version that will force OCD buyers to get the latest version? If that's the case that would seem a very underhand move by lego. 

As for the Thrawn eye colour debate, I don't watch rebels but are his eyes always red or do they change? I ask because his head will no doubt be a two sided print, maybe one side is white and the other red. Just a little bit of hope for the Thrawn fans out there.

Edited by That Orange Thing