Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, ds760 said:

Lego store in Vancouver area got 22 in this week. Not sure how many are on the waiting list but thats it for this year. I have a feeling they will never be able to keep up with the demand and they will likely lose the license in a couple years never catching up with production. The new han solo movie coming out in the summer will only sky rocket demand even further. 

Lol you’ll be fine.

Nonsense. Lego is among the most lucrative licensing partners Lucasfilm has; they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and there will soon be more than enough Falcon sets to go around.

I think this goes here but i have just called lego regarding the VIP cards once again.  The response I got is that the card should be received between December 18th to December 22nd. I live in Canada so maybe it would be earlier for people in Europe (just speculating for this last sentence).

Edited by star wars geek

53 minutes ago, star wars geek said:

I think this goes here but i have just called lego regarding the VIP cards once again.  The response I got is that the card should be received between December 18th to December 22nd. I live in Canada so maybe it would be earlier for people in Europe (just speculating for this last sentence).

my card arrived today (and I'm far from the first to get there's) so they are starting to ship out

10 hours ago, star wars geek said:

I think the first VIP cards arrived around November 25th here in germany.

Not to add another 'I've just received mine' for the sake of it but I did get mine yesterday morning and it certainly seems like they're all arriving with people now as FB groups are showing people receiving theirs in much more regular numbers.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Are we getting any more of those Rogue One polymers after the droid and Shoretrooper?

I surely hope so.  Might be a better topic for the "Future Star Wars sets" forum, but I will just say that I find TLG's lack of Rogue One disturbing.  However, if I had to guess, I'd say that if the "minifigure with stand" series does continue, the next ones will be based on The Last Jedi...

5 minutes ago, BS2015 said:

Does anyone know if 75200 (ahch-to) is out already anywhere in the uk yet? If so where???

Heard that it was available in the Disney store in Dublin, but I’ll definitely know by later today... might pick one up myself...

18 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Heard that it was available in the Disney store in Dublin, but I’ll definitely know by later today... might pick one up myself...

Any luck?

4 hours ago, BS2015 said:

Any luck?

Nope. It was a wild Bantha chase unfortunately. They only had two sets on the shelves, the heavy assault walker and the star destroyer, and this was apparently all the ones they had in stock too. I asked the store assistant as well but she said she had never seen it and they didn’t have it, but then again she didn’t know if the Praetorian guard action figure was from the "new film" or not. Honestly I don’t know where the rumour that it was on sale originated from, it featured briefly Live on national Irish television, and was revealed by the Official Disney Ireland Twitter as the "Skellig Micheal Set" which would hit stores on December 15th.

All of the new wave of Star Wars sets are available to order at a local e-tailer in Australia...at 20% off no less. They have pick up as an option too so I’m reasonably confident they are in stock.

Apparently the UCS Falcon was available again in Europe today. Sold out again 3 hours later. I’m still mystified as to how Lego could have botched this release so badly. Also, what about all the people who wanted the Falcon and their black VIP cards but will now miss out on them because Lego cannot stock the Falcon regularly? I think the VIP card promotion should be extended by a few months due to how difficult it is to get ahold of a Falcon. 

14 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Apparently the UCS Falcon was available again in Europe today. Sold out again 3 hours later. I’m still mystified as to how Lego could have botched this release so badly. Also, what about all the people who wanted the Falcon and their black VIP cards but will now miss out on them because Lego cannot stock the Falcon regularly? I think the VIP card promotion should be extended by a few months due to how difficult it is to get ahold of a Falcon. 

I got one in the initial release and still no sign of the black VIP card, although I see many people are starting to receive them. I feel your pain on the Falcon though. The problem is that the demand is still so huge and scalpers would have snapped them up...again. You’ve only got to see the number for sale at extortionate prices on Evilbay. I expect to see a lot more too now with this wave. I like to think there’s not a whole lot LEGO can do about that and LEGO are doing all they can to supply their loyal fans. If I’m being cynical though, limiting supply creates further hype and fuels demand (*cough Apple *cough).

Wow, the episode 8 sets are really accurate to the ‘real life’ sets! Lego must have learnt from their Episode 7 experience.

...with one major exception. One set wasn’t even in the film!

Edited by DrasticPlastic

Please be considerate of those who haven't seen the movie yet. Spoilers aren't banned, but we do ask you to be kind and wait till after Christmas before openly talking about them here. If you must chat about the movie, you shouldn't be doing it here anyway, use this forum.

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Please be considerate of those who haven't seen the movie yet. Spoilers aren't banned, but we do ask you to be kind and wait till after Christmas before openly talking about them here. If you must chat about the movie, you shouldn't be doing it here anyway, use this forum.

Am I allowed to talk about set accuracy in the spoiler tags here?

15 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You should ban them till new year,  almost every group does this,..   

There are always ***** who will ruin it for other people.

Saw the movie! It's incredible. Definitely in my top 3 Star Wars movies!

But I'm here to talk about sets! I've literally decided after how amazing it was to just get them all. Although I have to be cautious with buying sets as my other half has decided she wants to get me some for christmas, without actually telling me. I'll be patient and wait. Although I'm eyeing up the set with Finn & Rose at the moment as I don't think anyone will get me that one. Shall I buy...or wait until after Christmas? What do you guys think? :P

For anyone in Melbourne The Lego discovery center has Falcon stock today. Just in time for Christmas.

But note its not a real Lego shop apparently so no VIP card.

Edited by cyberrage

On 12/15/2017 at 4:48 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Am I allowed to talk about set accuracy in the spoiler tags here?

You can talk about set accuracy in Spoiler Tags, yes. But as Stash pointed out, it might be better to talk about them in the 2018 thread since half the sets are 2018 sets.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:00 AM, allstyles said:

You should ban them till new year,  almost every group does this,..   

There are always ***** who will ruin it for other people.

You can read the first post if you have questions about our policy here. Or you can look back at previous comments. But the short story is if you don't want the movie spoiled, don't read this or the 2018 thread.

Posting the set accuracy discussion here since it’s mostly 2017 sets. 

The sets are surprisingly accurate! Resistance Transport Pod (which I just got) is a perfect representation of the vehicle in the movie, with accurate minifigures as well. No complaints here. The Heavy Scout Walker is completely inaccurate- no such vehicle appears in the movie whatsoever and General Hux was never fighting, he just stood around in ships. He would’ve been better in the Star Destroyer. Kylo’s TIE is accurate and looks a lot like the movie version, the only inaccuracy is the presence of BB-9E, since he never appears with Kylo and is only in the movie for like 30 seconds. UCS BB-8 looks like the actual droid, so again I have no complaints. The Resistance Bomber looks good and I love the set. Can’t speak to the accuracy of the interior at the back since we never saw it in the movie. Figures are slightly inaccurate, as neither Poe nor Holdo ever got on a bomber since they all blew up fairly quickly. It’s surprising that they made a figure of Paige given that she died after like two minutes, but it’s nice to see. The actual one in the movie dropped a ton more bombs but 6 is quite a lot for a Lego version to be able to drop. The Heavy Assault Walker looks like a faithful representation of the movie, but Poe and Rey never fought together and in fact no characters fought the walkers on foot. Finishing off the first wave, the Star Destroyer is accurate to the general First Order ones but it should’ve been Snoke’s Supremacy Mega-class destroyer, since that got the most screen time in the film and has a far more unique design. Snoke should have been given a better throne room on the ship and Praetorian guards would’ve been welcome. All figures are pretty accurate and the bridge section is wonderfully similar to the movie version! The other interior sections aren’t really seen in the movie but are very welcome in the set. The Ahch-To set is similar enough to the island in the movie as are the figures (Luke should’ve had some gray in his hair, but it’s fine). The First Order AT-ST is the most faithful set, as it’s an exact snapshot of one of the best scenes in the entire movie! I love how they made a broken AT-ST a for accuracy and the figures are perfect. The only improvement would be a proper head for Captain Phasma.

That’s it! Overall, pretty accurate sets!

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That’s it! Overall, prettt accurate sets!

I'm glad to see someone else who also appreciates that, despite figure placement, Lego has actually done justice to the movie in terms of the sets. In fact, I think they have done remarkably well considering that they were obviously working off prelim pics and did not know how everything fits together in the movie. If you think of how wrong some people got the movie storyline from the info we had before the trailers, then I think you can now appreciate that Lego could have made a complete mess of the sets from the info they have. I know I was watching the movie and appreciated it every time a new ship/scene came on that related to one of the Lego products. And I highly doubt that they wanted to produce a set that never even appeared so I don't think we can really be mad at them for that. Hopefully the next wave will fill in a couple of gaps in figures/scenes e.g. Leia, guards and then the movie will be quite well covered I'd say what with the DJ polybag. :)