Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Falcon has been sold out for almost a month and a half now. How did they mess up the release of their biggest set this bad? I’m just wondering how it happened, since they had to know that demand would be huge. I’m glad I don’t want to buy it, because I would probably be furious at this point. 

Either this is some marketing scheme to make the hype grow or they just wanted to play it safe - too safe - since, yes, this may be the UCS Falcon, but it's also an 800$+ set.

As for being furious, well, people should find something to get distracted with in the meantime. Build something else, y'all!

Maybe it’s not news at all, but i just bought a magazine (in the Netherlands) with a death star gunner and the imperial officer from the star destroyer of 2014. 7euros. 

18 hours ago, Borex said:

Maybe it’s not news at all, but i just bought a magazine (in the Netherlands) with a death star gunner and the imperial officer from the star destroyer of 2014. 7euros. 

Any more pictures or information on that one?

7 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

Any more pictures or information on that one?

It’s called ‘Star Wars Het officiële lego star wars jaarboek 2018’. I bought it at the Albert Heijn Supermarkt. Price:6,99€. Pictures won’t work unfortunately, i must be doing something wrong. It has the two figs on the front of the cover. It is actually quite a nice book full of games for kids

Thanks a lot! Ah, the year book. I knew about that one, but I thought it only had the Death Star Gunner?

Edited by Alexastor

42 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

Thanks a lot! Ah, the year book. I knew about that one, but I thought it only had the Death Star Gunner?

But it has the smirkey officer as well :-) !!

Darth vader battle-pod in December.--https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-darth-vader-pod-und-weitere-angebote-im-dezember/45362

oh good I like officers and I'll be going to Holland over Christmas. so that's nice.

Also is Finn wearing Phasma's armour?

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just jumped on UK store Argos' 3 for 2 Lego offer. Got myself Kylo's Tie - I was contemplating whether or not to get the Super Star Destroyer, but I literally cannot bring myself to buy it. The entire layout is near enough to same as the Imperial Star Destroyer; I was sat weighing the pros and cons to getting it, but the cons won in the end. Same goes for the assault walker!

Can someone here who's picked up the brickhead phasma post pics of the instructions constructing the helmet? Lego haven't  uploaded it yet and I'd like to check something before I order it.

14 hours ago, thorin said:

Does anyone know when people who purchased the MF will start getting their black mf vip Cards?

End of November accourdig to Lego correspondence. Check the press release thread for updates :)

20 hours ago, thorin said:

Does anyone know when people who purchased the MF will start getting their black mf vip Cards?

Waiting patiently for mine as well.

I'll keep this thread open until about mid December.  I don't think there will be much to add from this point on, but I don't want to close down a thread early either.

On 9-11-2017 at 12:24 PM, Bolingbroke said:

Nice. Anyone knows whether it's also available in Belgium? Any EN language (or FR) online bookshops I can order it from?

I guess it’s available in the flemish part? But i don’t know for sure

On 29-10-2017 at 11:54 AM, Borex said:

It’s called ‘Star Wars Het officiële lego star wars jaarboek 2018’. I bought it at the Albert Heijn Supermarkt. Price:6,99€. Pictures won’t work unfortunately, i must be doing something wrong. It has the two figs on the front of the cover. It is actually quite a nice book full of games for kids

Thanks a lot for this btw!

I bought three of these, it's great value.

The Imperial Officer is actually the one of the Advent Calendar with the 4x2 bars, which works better for me anyways as I already have 5 of the 3x2 bars from the star destroyer.

On 10/27/2017 at 8:01 AM, Terrasher said:

Either this is some marketing scheme to make the hype grow or they just wanted to play it safe - too safe - since, yes, this may be the UCS Falcon, but it's also an 800$+ set.

As for being furious, well, people should find something to get distracted with in the meantime. Build something else, y'all!

I called a local lego store about the "waiting list" for VIP members after 2 weeks of receiving an email from lego. A lady told me that they had stopped taking people's sign-up. The reason was that they already had piled up requests for 10k sets on the waiting list and total 25k sets on backorders world-wide. And these orders are just for "VIP members", who successfully made the purchase through poor lego website or made it on the "waiting list". There are still "so-called VIP members" like me who are still waiting for further notice. But, as I found multiple eBay sellers having more than 2 sets of new MF for sale, I think the waiting period for the set to be available in lego shops/online will be longer than people can expect. 

Lego should know this, if they really have 35k sets purchased/backordered (10k sold in the first day and 25k backordered). That means they are making at least $28,000,000 of sale just on this set for now. That is about 0.46% of the 2016 total sale. Lego should make more sets. Or, maybe they will do the same trick, like the return of Taj Mahal set, on in 50th anniversary. 

The Falcon seems to be arriving regularly in some of the larger UK Lego stores at the moment. I know of at least three stores that have had stock in over the last 10 days.

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

The Falcon seems to be arriving regularly in some of the larger UK Lego stores at the moment. I know of at least three stores that have had stock in over the last 10 days.

Good news for folks in UK. At least in my little city in US, there is none available in both Lego stores.

Lego store in Vancouver area got 22 in this week. Not sure how many are on the waiting list but thats it for this year. I have a feeling they will never be able to keep up with the demand and they will likely lose the license in a couple years never catching up with production. The new han solo movie coming out in the summer will only sky rocket demand even further. 

Edited by ds760