Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 10/8/2017 at 8:30 AM, Penkid11 said:

It's funny, because Brickheadz were supposed to be D2C exclusives. Now there's no store without them warming the shelves.

Not only in the US. Seems to be the same where I live (not the US).

On 10/8/2017 at 8:41 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

In the US maybe, but here you can hardly find them. Of the 20+ stores that I visit regularly that stock LEGO only one store has Brickheadz, and they've had the same stock since the start of the year. 

See above. Do you know why? Australia has a different sales funnel. From what I know,  your local LEGO marketing group could figure the kind of sets that will sell well. 

Which means if you don't see Brickheadz, that's likely because they don't see enough interest in AU.

52 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Porg...in the MF with Chewie. At least it makes sense now in terms of their inclusion in the UCS Falcon. 

I thought it makes sense from the beginning that  the Porgs were included in UCS MF because they will be in UCS MF, or they will be encountered along the journey. 

Is it possible, that the FO Scout Walker is another thing that was cut from the movie after the set was produced? I have not seen a single piece of footage showing it. And it wasn't featured in the video where they showed the new FO vehicles(Although Kylo Rens TIE wasn't shown either).

8 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Is it possible, that the FO Scout Walker is another thing that was cut from the movie after the set was produced? I have not seen a single piece of footage showing it. And it wasn't featured in the video where they showed the new FO vehicles(Although Kylo Rens TIE wasn't shown either).

It's completely possible, and I might even go as far as saying that the design for it was concept art and the FO "heavy scout walker" eventually became those FO AT-STs we see. (Also, what are you talking about? Kylo's TIE is in the trailer for a good 30 seconds :P)

I got the Lego 2017 Holiday Catalog in the mail today. 75192 Millennium Falcon was completely omit from it. I'm not expecting it to be available again until 2018.

How possibly hard can it be to ramp up production for a particular set!?

1 hour ago, romulan said:

I got the Lego 2017 Holiday Catalog in the mail today. 75192 Millennium Falcon was completely omit from it. I'm not expecting it to be available again until 2018.

Fair point. You should email customer service and give them pointers to pass on to production. I'm sure they could benefit from your expertise.

Realistically, thousands of moulds, hundreds of sets, think about it. They have a preset amount of capital moulding the Lego pieces for the Millenium Falcon, sorting different pieces into the appropriate bags, manufacturing the boxes, etc. They don't just flick a switch and turn all assembly lines into a new set. It takes a lot of work to set it up properly.

But you seem to think it's easy. So like I said, please let Lego know how little they know about there own production.

1 hour ago, romulan said:

Its extremely hard. The majority of LEGO's sales over christmas will be from regular sets. 

The falcon is a niche set, in the grand scheme of things, very few people are going to buy one. LEGO has to consider whether it invests the majorty of its resources into a few extra falcons, or into all the normal sets people are going to buy for christmas. 

I understand that some people are upset about not being able to get the falcon right now, but for gods sake everyone needs to calm down. Just have some patience, theres much more important things to complain about. 

1 hour ago, Sam892 said:

The falcon is a niche set, in the grand scheme of things, very few people are going to buy one. LEGO has to consider whether it invests the majorty of its resources into a few extra falcons, or into all the normal sets people are going to buy for christmas. 

The fact that it was sold out before Oct 1 launch tells me that the demand was greater than they realized. The current number of sets over the $100 mark on the market right now seems higher than usual - people aren't afraid to spend money on large sets.

I didn't mean to come off so whiny, fellas. I do, however, work in chemical manufacturing and have an idea of how production works and allocating resources ;)

Edited by romulan

16 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It's completely possible, and I might even go as far as saying that the design for it was concept art and the FO "heavy scout walker" eventually became those FO AT-STs we see. (Also, what are you talking about? Kylo's TIE is in the trailer for a good 30 seconds :P)

I meant the video on the Star Wars Youtube Channel where they "introduce" the new FO vehicles. There they showed the new Super Star Destroyer and the AT-M6 but not the TIE. But since I don't really see a cinematic or "logical" difference between the AT-ST and the Scout Walker so I would agree with you that it could have been just concept art.

Edited by mon-o-mat

On 11/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, Sam892 said:

Its extremely hard. The majority of LEGO's sales over christmas will be from regular sets. 

I understand that some people are upset about not being able to get the falcon right now, but for gods sake everyone needs to calm down. Just have some patience, theres much more important things to complain about. 

Well that's not gonna work for people with no patience and with cash(luckily I don't have the cash needed so I'm not gonna go nuts)plus Lego earns a lot from each mf set, so they pretty dumb. Just shut down production for unpopular sets temporarily and make more mfs

2 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

Just shut down production for unpopular sets 

Is there such a thing?

Anyone not see what looks like the FO Scout Walkers at the beginning of the new trailer just released? Their lined up to the right of Kylo standing looking over the bay. I'm not sure if it's the angle, but they appear to be quite huge. Can anyone clarify if they are or aren't the new Scout Walkers?

Just now, mgoblue1997 said:

Anyone not see what looks like the FO Scout Walkers at the beginning of the new trailer just released? Their lined up to the right of Kylo standing looking over the bay. I'm not sure if it's the angle, but they appear to be quite huge. Can anyone clarify if they are or aren't the new Scout Walkers?

Are you referring to the First Order drop ship (the thing with 3 AT-ATs on each side)? I originally thought that was the scout walker but on closer inspection, it's actually a massive transport ship. You can see a few in the other hangar clip as well.

8 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Are you referring to the First Order drop ship (the thing with 3 AT-ATs on each side)? I originally thought that was the scout walker but on closer inspection, it's actually a massive transport ship. You can see a few in the other hangar clip as well.

As soon as the trailer starts, I see the 3 AT-AT Walkers to the left and some others way back in the center and right. And I see what looks like ships directly behind Kylo to his left. What I thought was the Scout is directly behind the right side beam (wish it wasn't there for a better view). It definitely has the shape, especially the bottom, but that just seems to be way too big, which made me wonder if LEGO created it but didn't receive an official title of the vehicle from Lucasarts/Disney at release. So I can see being a transport, but it sure does look like the Scout Walker

2 hours ago, mgoblue1997 said:

As soon as the trailer starts, I see the 3 AT-AT Walkers to the left and some others way back in the center and right. And I see what looks like ships directly behind Kylo to his left. What I thought was the Scout is directly behind the right side beam (wish it wasn't there for a better view). It definitely has the shape, especially the bottom, but that just seems to be way too big, which made me wonder if LEGO created it but didn't receive an official title of the vehicle from Lucasarts/Disney at release. So I can see being a transport, but it sure does look like the Scout Walker

Looks more like a storage crate. I mean it is some sort of octagonal? Cylinder lying on its side. It is definitley to broad(look at the mirror) to be some walker not to mention that it doesn't look like those are possable legs.

I think it's storage crates. Too big and missing a head.

There might be a Heavy Scout Walker in the AT-M6 shot, but maybe I'm just reading too much into these pixels:

upload.png

upload.png

On 14.10.2017 at 11:40 AM, Alexastor said:

There might be a Heavy Scout Walker in the AT-M6 shot, but maybe I'm just reading too much into these pixels:

upload.png

upload.png

Could be. It would make sense to support those heavy shock troops by some light flankers. But now I wonder why the FO deploys more AT-M6 than At-Ats.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, Alexastor said:

upload.png

upload.png

The part of the trailer where the entire hangar is shown has a few chicken walkers all the way to the right. 

They look like a mix of AT-STs and AT-DPs since they appear to have bubble turrets to the side, but it is hard to tell as they are grainy once you zoom in on them. 

37692897202_3a84d37bd6.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.51.49 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

We also see smaller AT-ATs, and a bunch of other tech about this hangar. I hope we get a lot of screen time for these machines as well as more snow troopers! 

16 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Could be. It would make sense to support those heavy shock troops by some light flankers. But now I wonder why the FO deploys more AT-M6 than At-Ats.

They probably deploy more as they're more powerful machines 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

They probably deploy more as they're more powerful machines 

Exactly, because they want to CRUSH the resistance! (and also because merchandising)

But good call updating AT-ST-s, and AT-AT-s, they can come in the next waves.

6 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

We also see smaller AT-ATs, and a bunch of other tech about this hangar. I hope we get a lot of screen time for these machines as well as more snow troopers! 

I wouldn't count on them. Screentime doesn't really correlate with the prominance of a set. (Think quadjumper....but if you think about it, the Slave-I didn't have too much screentime either, nevertheless, it's one of the most iconic SW-ships)

So I suppose that's it then, eh? And so, with the release of the Falcon, the thread that brought me in to this community passes into history.  What a fitting endcap it is.

Edited by Pariah
Lack o' lingo

On 10/24/2017 at 12:45 AM, Pariah said:

So I suppose that's it then, eh? And so, with the release of the Falcon, the forum that brought me in to this community passes into history.  What a fitting endcap it is.

You mean the thread right? The forum is still here :P

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

October 28 build at Toys R Us for Bricktober (kinda ugly in my opinion):

BB8.jpg

That's a weird egg.

The Falcon has been sold out for almost a month and a half now. How did they mess up the release of their biggest set this bad? I’m just wondering how it happened, since they had to know that demand would be huge. I’m glad I don’t want to buy it, because I would probably be furious at this point.