Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

With this new MF... the UCS Slave 1 set seems to be a perfect companion basically at the same scale. Has anybody both?

I have pictures of them both together but I'm not 100% sure on how to upload them? 

That picture that's been floating around of the previous Falcon with the Slave 1 looks wrong to me, the Slave 1 is very good with the Falcon in my display

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Something interesting to note is that in stores the Falcon is limited to one per household, atleast that's what the employees told me when I bought mine, they were asking customers if they lived together.

This didn't happen in the line I was in.  Pretty sure multiple MFs went to the same household.

23 hours ago, Duke_da_Nuke--3D said:

I don't own the 2nd Falcon yet (Backordered...), but as far as i know it is the same size as the old one. So here are some pictures i took for you.

Thank you! I like a lot the table for display idea. And indeed they fit very well together (even if scale is not perfect... who cares!)

23 hours ago, Duke_da_Nuke--3D said:

EDIT: I just recognized that i am NOT in the MF thread, so I guess it would be better to switch into the other thread for such questions.

Oh, I'm sorry, that was my bad, I should have posted this question in the other thread.

For anyone Interested about what steps you pass the piece count for the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon and the 10189 Taj Mahal here it is. I worked with a calculator for about 30 minutes going through the instruction booklet to get this information and if it is all accounted for then these would be the steps to surpass each set. For the 10179 LEGO UCS Millennium Falcon you will reach 5197 pieces in bag 12 of 75192 on step 920 which can be found on page 367. For the set 10189 Taj Mahal you will pass over 5922 pieces in bag 13 on step 1027 which can be found on page 398. I am actually adding up the number of pieces in each bag so I may or may not post those piece amounts on here as well.

Thank god for that...just wait until everyone built their MF and they start to nitpick it :laugh:

1 hour ago, brobert said:

Thank god for that...just wait until everyone built their MF and they start to nitpick it :laugh:

Yeah that's going to be amusing:) I'm gonna grap my popcorn and enjoy the show;)

16 hours ago, Aggron44 said:

Yeah that's going to be amusing:) I'm gonna grap my popcorn and enjoy the show;)

oh, someone already created a topic for mods, better grab your popcorn right meow, this is where the fun begins 

I was just looking at my Bossk minifig again and i think he is my favorite 2017 sw minifig. Second place 4lom. 

On 9/19/2017 at 10:41 AM, dvogon said:

With this new MF... the UCS Slave 1 set seems to be a perfect companion basically at the same scale. Has anybody both?

qFkKdmd.jpg

On 9/19/2017 at 11:17 AM, Duke_da_Nuke--3D said:

I don't own the 2nd Falcon yet (Backordered...), but as far as i know it is the same size as the old one. So here are some pictures i took for you.

According to this it looks like the scale is not the same. As far as i read, the MF is a little bigger than minifig scale. There is a lot of discussion about this, so don't kill me if I am wrong, I just don't care that much.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

EDIT: I just recognized that i am NOT in the MF thread, so I guess it would be better to switch into the other thread for such questions.

Sorry.

The new falcon is bigger and scales well with slave 1. The blue lights are nice under slave 1 as well. 

m06vtgF.jpg

Edited by ds760

1 hour ago, ds760 said:

(snip)

The new falcon is bigger and scales well with slave 1

Agree to disagree on the scaling match of the two. Slave 1 is 21.5m in length, the Falcon is 26.7m - from the image in Duke_da_Nuke--3D's link. In Star Wars Battlefront... the two ships appear to be scaled appropriately. 

Those two ships in the display case and the blue lighting that like looks totally fantastic!!! But the Slave-1 should be twice as large, I think, to reach the approximate relative scale.

57 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Agree to disagree on the scaling match of the two. Slave 1 is 21.5m in length, the Falcon is 26.7m - from the image in Duke_da_Nuke--3D's link. In Star Wars Battlefront... the two ships appear to be scaled appropriately. 

Those two ships in the display case and the blue lighting that like looks totally fantastic!!! But the Slave-1 should be twice as large, I think, to reach the approximate relative scale.

The falcon is 26m in diameter, not length. The Falcon is 34m in length. The scale is slightly off but close enough that they work well together on display

45 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The falcon is 26m in diameter, not length. The Falcon is 34m in length. The scale is slightly off but close enough that they work well together on display

My bad, you are right. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_Falcon 

Which means that this is fake news!! Wow, maybe those two are closer to scale than I thought. Well I take back my disagreement with ds760, then. I'm displaying a 4504 Falcon (2005) and a Slave 1 6209-1 (2006) together and I've always thought they were in great scale with each other... :sceptic:... :laugh:

EDIT: closely checking out the cockpits of both ships in that picture - the minifig scale makes a lot more sense now. 

Edited by darththeling
observation

Wow, Hasbro's black series was notorious for releasing the exact same ''Boba and Han in Carbonite'' impossible to find exclusive, Lego is seriously pulling their leg now. 

Now this is why I don't collect the brickheadz.  They look fun but there is no way I will ever be able to get all of them...

6 hours ago, legostark said:
i'ts very nice! 

I totally ignore them, and consider a buy only at 50% of AND only if there are some unique parts

Boba would be the only BrickHead i would like to buy and it is an exclusive - "B E A UTIFUL" :angry::thumbdown: "well done TLG"

Anyone who's thinking of BL'ing them, good luck. Those 2x2 wedge pieces on Boba's helmet are exclusive:angry:

On an unrelated note, anyone know the best way to paint LEGO bricks? Only need to do 2...

Well done TLG. Take arguably the most popular character in universe from one of the most iconic scenes and turn it into a comic con exclusive most fans will never get to own except those desperate enough to feed the scalpers :angry: 

On 30/9/2017 at 2:39 PM, ds760 said:

The new falcon is bigger and scales well with slave 1. The blue lights are nice under slave 1 as well. 

This is just impressive! Thanks for the photos! 

Releasing Boba Fett as an exclusive does seem an unusual decision, do wonder if maybe the version with Han in carbonite will be an exclusive and the Boba Fett model will be released normally in the future.

Just now, Tavis75 said:

Releasing Boba Fett as an exclusive does seem an unusual decision, do wonder if maybe the version with Han in carbonite will be an exclusive and the Boba Fett model will be released normally in the future.

On Facebook Lego said that they would not be released separately