Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

There is no reason they wouldn't make as much sets as needed. It will probably sell out day 1 and/or even the first few weeks. After that there will possible be a bad inventory and S@H will have them in stock, out of stock, in stock etc (just like the Apollo). My guess is that they won't have a good inventory until Christmas, but after that everbody who really wants one or gets one for the holidays has it and Lego can deliver them like every other set.

This set will be around for at least 2 years so getting stressed right now isn't necessary and pointless. All the people who say their Lego store or whatever they heard from anyone just want attention, because even if a store gets 10 on release date, they will have them for the next year(s). If you're really paranoid about this being a limited set (€800 doesn't make it a limited set and neither does the tag UCS) then buy it on release or in the next couple of weeks, but all the posts are about the same annoying thing which is 'Will this set be around for 2 weeks or is it then retired *huh**huh*'. 

Tl;dr: Chill. 

Yes, you are most likely correct.

Was there any UCS Set released in the last years that suffered a quick shortage/out of stock which lead to ridiculous reseller offers as only option? 

Or rather was there any UCS Set in the last years that retired really fast so the demand couldnt be met? 

As far as I know no.

But I´d say the hype or rather paranoia regarding the new UCS Falcon is a special case, because the OLD UCS Falcon went a really scary development and many people who desired it in the many years after its release could only look at multiple thousand Dollar Offers!

Thus, a lot of fans probably just want to be sure (even if its not necessary), which might explain the general haste.

I think Lego will produce the Falcon as long as there will be strong demand for it. The shop limit is pretty high with 3 (instead of 2 or only 1) and considering the price I am sure they make a nice profit with the set.   

Edited by BigEl

5 hours ago, ginja said:

Basically there are no sets left for 2017. The falcon is the last one. 

I asked stash about this amongst this whole topic and he said the sandspeeder is a possible December release, hence why the thread is still relevant.

10 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

I asked stash about this amongst this whole topic and he said the sandspeeder is a possible December release, hence why the thread is still relevant.

Plus Yoda's Hut etc.

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Friendly it should be, however I do agree that the MF is consuming the threat and for those of us who are not interested, we feel that the rest of the topics disappear in the crowd. Thus I have basically stopped viewing the thread regularly, thus creating a specific MF topic is a pretty good idea.

There is a separate topic. It's the press release topic. However, it's hard to ban discussion from this topic.

7 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Fair point. I was under the assumption that they were technically 2018 sets. Just possibly released early. But my point was with the lack of anything else discussion of the falcon makes sense

My store just said they'll be getting plenty of stock between the VIP release and the wide release. I think they've gauged interest fairly well

If I recall well, it was supposed to be early VIP access to two "exclusive" sets from 14th to 30th. One for sure is the MF but... what would be the second one? I don't expect any other SW set though.

Just now, dvogon said:

If I recall well, it was supposed to be early VIP access to two "exclusive" sets from 14th to 30th. One for sure is the MF but... what would be the second one? I don't expect any other SW set though.

The Winter Village Station (10259).

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Just called my local store and they confirmed the 16 sets per store rumour 

16 sets per store? Every store or only the biggest stores?

I wish 16. Would be way better than the discussed 4-6.

17 hours ago, BigEl said:

I think Lego will produce the Falcon as long as there will be strong demand for it. The shop limit is pretty high with 3 (instead of 2 or only 1) and considering the price I am sure they make a nice profit with the set.   

The shop limit will most likely be 1 when it's September 14th. You can only buy 1 in the Lego store ('confirmed' by multiple stores) which indicates that the S@H limit is just a placeholder. But maybe they made so many they can sell multiples per household via online channels. 

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

But it will be released in december 2017 if I'm correct.

The catalogue says January but the sandspeeder could be a December release by itself

Edited by SCREDEYE

So, has anyone translated the Promobricks article regarding the Berlin flagship store accepting reservations for 30% of their 100 MF sets?

Is this a thing elsewhere? If so I'm gonna be pretty cheesed off as I contacted LEGO UK at head office to check on the details of release here in the UK and nothing was said about a percentage being available for reservation!

I'm hoping my local (80 miles away) store has not done this as it appears they will only have 16 in stock on the 14th, which may now be down to only 11 or so... anyone out there know anything about this?

10 minutes ago, Brickr said:

So, has anyone translated the Promobricks article regarding the Berlin flagship store accepting reservations for 30% of their 100 MF sets?

Is this a thing elsewhere? If so I'm gonna be pretty cheesed off as I contacted LEGO UK at head office to check on the details of release here in the UK and nothing was said about a percentage being available for reservation!

I'm hoping my local (80 miles away) store has not done this as it appears they will only have 16 in stock on the 14th, which may now be down to only 11 or so... anyone out there know anything about this?

My local today, after saying they will only have 16, also said no chance of reservations.

Just now, Whovastron said:

My local today, after saying they will only have 16, also said no chance of reservations.

Cool, just out of interest, which is your local, mine is MK.

On 09/09/2017 at 11:32 PM, Robianco said:

No... it'll be around for a while and after the initial clamour for them you'll be able to wander into a Lego store and pick one up at will.

That's what I thought but reading the past few pages here one can be excused for thinking that Lego will only release 10 sets in total and everyone is gearing up and dusting their camping tents to queue outside the stores. The good old British saying "Keep Calm and carry on" sounds so appropriate:grin:

On 9/9/2017 at 6:02 PM, DrasticPlastic said:

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

Honestly, those are some great points.  And having personal experience and knowledge on some things...

2 hours ago, Brickr said:

That's more or less the whole story. Up to 30 sets of 100 in Berlin Lego store could be reserved in advance. No more than that and those who were in the line after didn't get anything. The store still have 70 for the 14th! 

Edited by dvogon

5 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Honestly, those are some great points.  And having personal experience and knowledge on some things...

Stash - are you hinting that this will be an underproduced set with limited quantities?

On 9/10/2017 at 7:02 AM, DrasticPlastic said:

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

This is not the kind of thing that TLG will produce in big number simply because they cannot store so much of this like typical sets. Those boxes are huge. I also think that interest will slowly go down until it plateau to a more realistic level until they can plan for consistent production of the set -- that is, IF they will not make this thing incredible limited in number...

5 minutes ago, thorin said:

Stash - are you hinting that this will be an underproduced set with limited quantities?

I hope not, in the long run. I think it's easier to point finger and say that TLG will underproduce the sets to protect their own interest. It's easier to underproduce than overproduce. I know there is genuine interest in this set that some people will queue for this set on its release date. Basically, "shut up and take my money".

There was an internal marketing snippet that I saw months ago which seemed to indicate a 14 month production period. That would be a little short... but not relative to the set type. It seems like a reasonably long window considering that not every collector will want to buy (or can buy) this set. I would guess that by late 2018/early 2019 they will have sold a vast majority of what they could sell it for if they left it on the shelves for longer... makov is right in that the shelf space is too valuable for a 3-5 year production run.

Having said all that, it seems that TLG will make this available to everyone who wants to buy one in the next year + ... I just don't know that for sure.

Edited by thorin

2 hours ago, thorin said:

There was an internal marketing snippet that I saw months ago which seemed to indicate a 14 month production period. That would be a little short... but not relative to the set type. It seems like a reasonably long window considering that not every collector will want to buy (or can buy) this set. I would guess that by late 2018/early 2019 they will have sold a vast majority of what they could sell it for if they left it on the shelves for longer... makov is right in that the shelf space is too valuable for a 3-5 year production run.

Having said all that, it seems that TLG will make this available to everyone who wants to buy one in the next year + ... I just don't know that for sure.

If it's the image that was passed around, that was fake

There seems to be a general overestimation in here that the disposable income, even for AFOLs, is capable of absorbing a thousand dollar price tag shock. These Falcons are going to be on the shelves for years, folks. Take your time.