Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

7 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

You'll live,  and (hopefully) realise there is more in life then missing out on a few plastic bricks.

All i read here for pages are little FOMO boys screeming about their little Falcon, it's getting annoying. 

Can we please make a seperate topic for them ?

I have a question according the actual LEGO info. Since it also include SW and it is about year 2017 I am asking here. Do you think that those financial issues will affect SW or in the worst possibility they will cancel the SW at all?

1 hour ago, firefox said:

You'll live,  and (hopefully) realise there is more in life then missing out on a few plastic bricks.

All i read here for pages are little FOMO boys screeming about their little Falcon, it's getting annoying. 

Good idea.

I won't be surprised if some people are willing to pay scalper prices to get one on day 1 (or 2) if the Falcon sells out immediately... just to get it ASAP.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

That's so funny...

Still, I guess if I had the spare cash I'd probably want to make the most of buying the big beast...personally I'll wait till the fuss dies down and try to pick one up over the next year or so when there is a VIP points promo on.

"More to life than missing out on a few plastic blocks"

i find posts like this really horrible. Would you say something like this is they were talking about buying a car? To a lot of us collecting Lego, among other things, is a big part of our lives and is not as simple as "a few plastic blocks". Just cause you don't see it the same way doesn't mean you can put others down. They're not moaning at you for not wanting the Falcon.

If you're bored of people losing their heads over plastic bricks this may not be the forum for you......

But the need to reference anyone trying to get their hands on the falcon as "little boys" is really quite ridiculous, we're all adults here and the need to put others below you just for wanting their hands on a new set is really quite rude.

1 hour ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

If you're bored of people losing their heads over plastic bricks this may not be the forum for you......

But the need to reference anyone trying to get their hands on the falcon as "little boys" is really quite ridiculous, we're all adults here and the need to put others below you just for wanting their hands on a new set is really quite rude.

He just sounds like a FOMO boy in denial :laugh::grin:

3 hours ago, firefox said:

Let's keep it friendly, shall we? The Falcon is what keeps people busy at the moment, so there will be talk about it. Since this is the 2017 topic, it's not off-topic.

I think some people are a bit cranky because they can't afford the set.

Meanwhile, the rest of us and going to enjoy our hobby and the fan community which is, overwhelmingly, nice people working to create a friendly online community.

Now if any of you get in the queue ahead of me I'll....

...probably have a chat with you about lego.

10 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

TLG's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest....seriously? It would be way cooler if you showed some respect, instead of blurting things out. There are tons of factors involved in releasing Star Wars sets and I'm sure TLG is doing the best they can to produce as many Falcons as possible.

Okay, let's get back on topic!

3 hours ago, firefox said:

I can definitely see the backing for your words, man; that said, I'm glad that someone suggested that you amend your phrasing, to put it one way.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Let's keep it friendly, shall we? The Falcon is what keeps people busy at the moment, so there will be talk about it. Since this is the 2017 topic, it's not off-topic.

:)

So, a fellow on r/legoleaks has high-definition photos of the stickers and (mildly high-quality) photos of the instruction manual, as a heads-up.

Edited by Azani

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

That might very well be the case.

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

Meanwhile, the rest of us and going to enjoy our hobby and the fan community which is, overwhelmingly, nice people working to create a friendly online community.

Indeed, let's respect each other and possibly respect TLG too :wink: 

So...after that massive derailment, I hate to repost but I feel like it's much more pertinent information and I don't want it to get lost in all that. My local store in the US said availability of the MF on S@H would be 8 AM ET on the 14th, not midnight. Has anyone heard something similar? Yes, I don't feel like waiting a year for them to get it back in stock so i would rather jump on it. 

Just now, Pariah said:

So...after that massive derailment, I hate to repost but I feel like it's much more pertinent information and I don't want it to get lost in all that. My local store in the US said availability of the MF on S@H would be 8 AM ET on the 14th, not midnight. Has anyone heard something similar? Yes, I don't feel like waiting a year for them to get it back in stock so i would rather jump on it. 

It sounds like each store may have it's own schedule for opening on 14th... whether that's a regular 9.30am in the UK or having something a little earlier. The London Leicester Square store is holding a signing event which means it's going for a midnight opening on 13th (into the 14th but you know what I mean).

There'll be thousands of these available and even if the initial demand leaves stores empty as soon as they come in it will only be a month or two before things level out. I'm sure if Lego were able to have 200 of these in stock at each store on launch day they would.

Here here!

4 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Now if any of you get in the queue ahead of me I'll....

...probably have a chat with you about lego.

Here here!

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

There'll be thousands of these available and even if the initial demand leaves stores empty as soon as they come in it will only be a month or two before things level out. I'm sure if Lego were able to have 200 of these in stock at each store on launch day they would.

I think the problem some are facing (myself included) is the expectation of something rare/unique for the initial release.  Just because we haven't heard yet doesn't mean it isn't coming. The thought of missing a coveted rare sw item is an issue if stock is super low at release.

if they truly don't do anything, you'll buy it whenever you want/can.  But flagship sw AND lego product, should have something to show for the day 1 purchase. 

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

That will entirely depend on whether or not the website decides to function that day.

Edited by Penkid11

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

I think the problem some are facing (myself included) is the expectation of something rare/unique for the initial release.  Just because we haven't heard yet doesn't mean it isn't coming. The thought of missing a coveted rare sw item is an issue if stock is super low at release.

if they truly don't do anything, you'll buy it whenever you want/can.  But flagship sw AND lego product, should have something to show for the day 1 purchase. 

I wouldn't except anything else unique on launch day, the Black VIP cards are most likely the only thing LEGO will bundle with them.

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

There's the issue. For months we've discussed just whether it was coming and then whether it had an interior, if it was bigger or smaller, what figures were in it etc... now we have all that info and the build itself looks incredible... people are now hyping up some kind of free gift or certificate or something else tat will be received for buying it early.  They've said they're making black MF VIP cards that you'll receive when buying it... that's it.

There will be at least one person who won't be happy with buying the largest Lego set ever made simply because they didn't get the imaginary reward they thought they would for doing so.

10 hours ago, Jim said:

Friendly it should be, however I do agree that the MF is consuming the threat and for those of us who are not interested, we feel that the rest of the topics disappear in the crowd. Thus I have basically stopped viewing the thread regularly, thus creating a specific MF topic is a pretty good idea.

18 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Friendly it should be, however I do agree that the MF is consuming the threat and for those of us who are not interested, we feel that the rest of the topics disappear in the crowd. Thus I have basically stopped viewing the thread regularly, thus creating a specific MF topic is a pretty good idea.

Unless I am mistaken all known sets for 2017 have been released, so why not talk about the most hyped up set (that has yet to be released)? 

Plus, there's no one stopping you from talking about other sets :) 

PS: So which is it? 12 AM or 8 AM on the 14th (for VIPs)? Thanks

I'm curious about whether people have had to queue much before a day 1 release outside of the Lego shop? There only time I've gotten to my local (Brighton UK) for opening for a set was the VIP release of the Helicarrier in 2015, and there was only 1 other person waiting. I'm kinda worried about not getting the MF after hearing about limited numbers. What should I expect for a Star Wars release?

There is no reason they wouldn't make as much sets as needed. It will probably sell out day 1 and/or even the first few weeks. After that there will possible be a bad inventory and S@H will have them in stock, out of stock, in stock etc (just like the Apollo). My guess is that they won't have a good inventory until Christmas, but after that everbody who really wants one or gets one for the holidays has it and Lego can deliver them like every other set.

This set will be around for at least 2 years so getting stressed right now isn't necessary and pointless. All the people who say their Lego store or whatever they heard from anyone just want attention, because even if a store gets 10 on release date, they will have them for the next year(s). If you're really paranoid about this being a limited set (€800 doesn't make it a limited set and neither does the tag UCS) then buy it on release or in the next couple of weeks, but all the posts are about the same annoying thing which is 'Will this set be around for 2 weeks or is it then retired *huh**huh*'. 

Tl;dr: Chill. 

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

There is another MF dedicated topic, the 'press release' one. As has been pointed out, what other SW sets are yet to be released or rumoured for 2017 and thus relevant to this topic?