Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

11 hours ago, rollermonkey said:

Just finished building 75188. I'm guessing everyone is too busy building the Force Friday II sets to talk about them... 

Initial impressions:

I like it a lot. It's almost big enough to be a capitol ship. Kind of weird that it has three rear-facing cockpits and only one forward. I thought that the black bomb spheres were the same size as the basketballs and soccer balls, but they are actually larger by a noticeable amount. So much for another source of GBC balls. It reminds me a little of the Nebulon-B due to its vertical orientation and larger scale than that of B-wings. (It has seats for all 5 figs and room for two more, easily.) I can't wait to see it in action in December now. 

Next up, 75179. 

I believe it's because the rear turrets are to cover the Bomber's backside (more priority to take down fighters behind it), while the front pilot operates the guns in the front. 

On 03/09/2017 at 5:58 PM, Andyperkins said:

Don't suppose you saw anything about a midnight opening for the release of the MF?

There was nothing up about a midnight release, it might be worth ringing the store and inquiring. I can't see them doing a midnight release, but maybe they'll open an hour early for Falcon customers.

I know the Liverpool Store isn't doing a midnight opening and they're opening at their regular time on 14th.

12 hours ago, Jedibob said:

Is it true? The rumor for the first mf get a certificate?

Not seen anything about the first run getting a certificate or being numbered.

1 hour ago, Sam892 said:

There was nothing up about a midnight release, it might be worth ringing the store and inquiring. I can't see them doing a midnight release, but maybe they'll open an hour early for Falcon customers.

Probably means that signing event was just a rumor then.

38 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Not seen anything about the first run getting a certificate or being numbered.

Probably means that signing event was just a rumor then.

It is happening.  I know one of the staff that will be working that night.

Edited by Lahh001

Just now, Lahh001 said:

It is happening.  I know one of the staff that is waiting 

There seems to be some very conflicting info about then which ranges from no stores will have stock on the 14th to certain stores will be open early all the way up to the midnight opening and signing event :wacko:

I doubt many will be open early. Especially my nearest. If anyone knows if Brighton store is doing anything special please let me know!

Just got TIE Silencer, and it's a great set, perhaps the Best Ep8 set so far! Love new Kylo, Special Forces Tie Pilot and BB-9E, but I wish we'd get one more minifigure in the set to make it worth the price, maybe new Phasma or Knight of Ren. Overall great set but 1or 2 more minifigures would have made the set perfect !

Edited by benderisgreat

29 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Apparently the Cardiff store is opening at 9:30 and they expect to have 16 available with another 8 being delivered each week.

9:30 is the usual opening time for the store anyway

52 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

9:30 is the usual opening time for the store anyway

Indeed but the manager also confirmed they will have stock which goes against what was posted earlier about no stores having stock on the 14th.

Just now, Andyperkins said:

Indeed but the manager also confirmed they will have stock which goes against what was posted earlier about no stores having stock on the 14th.

Ah okay, would seem pretty crazy for stores not to have stock of possibly their biggest single set launch ever. I think these rumours are down to paranoia of people who are afraid they won't be able to get one

Are we saying that the Lego stores will have stock to sell on the 14th? I thought it was meant to VIP until the 1st October?

7 minutes ago, DWJ2018 said:

Are we saying that the Lego stores will have stock to sell on the 14th? I thought it was meant to VIP until the 1st October?

They will have stock to sell to VIPs

does anyone have any info on stock for the Brighton store? 

1 hour ago, DWJ2018 said:

Don't forget you can walk in and buy one anyway as long as you fill out a VIP form at the time...

On 03 settembre 2017 at 10:14 AM, Crzypengu said:

Its kind of tempting to get the New Falcon set in October instead of September 14th because of the Double VIP Points, but at the same time I really don't spend mine that much.

Do you know if the double VIP points from 10th to 25th of October will be valid also for Europe, or is it just for US and EU will have the promotion in another period?

4 hours ago, Casta16 said:

Do you know if the double VIP points from 10th to 25th of October will be valid also for Europe, or is it just for US and EU will have the promotion in another period?

I am not too sure about that one yet. I would think that there is a calendar for the EU talking about promotions over the month but then again I have no idea.

19 hours ago, Casta16 said:

14 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

I am not too sure about that one yet. I would think that there is a calendar for the EU talking about promotions over the month but then again I have no idea.

I'd also like to know whether the promotions applies to EU customers, so I've contacted LEGO Customer Services asking for clarification. I'll report back when I get a reply.

On 05/09/2017 at 10:25 AM, Andyperkins said:

There seems to be some very conflicting info about then which ranges from no stores will have stock on the 14th to certain stores will be open early all the way up to the midnight opening and signing event :wacko:

I've been told on multiple occasions over multiple days, by multiple staffers, both in person and over the phone, that the London Leicester Square store *will* be opening at midnight - the Falcon will be on sale, and the designers will be present to do signings.

The one part they've been unsure on is how long they will be open - I've been told until 6am, and I've also been told for one hour only. Though I've also been told that's not fully decided yet.

17 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

2 hours ago, loading... said:

I'd also like to know whether the promotions applies to EU customers, so I've contacted LEGO Customer Services asking for clarification. I'll report back when I get a reply.

Thank you both! 

5 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I've been told on multiple occasions over multiple days, by multiple staffers, both in person and over the phone, that the London Leicester Square store *will* be opening at midnight - the Falcon will be on sale, and the designers will be present to do signings.

The one part they've been unsure on is how long they will be open - I've been told until 6am, and I've also been told for one hour only. Though I've also been told that's not fully decided yet.

I'm 3 hours away but very tempted to go straight from work on the Thursday to London arriving around 10pm then queuing up, getting my set then driving home again, certainly don't fancy a 6 hour round trip when I don't even know if I will get one (could sell out) but feels like one of those once in a lifetime events that if I miss will always haunt me.

7 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

I'm 3 hours away but very tempted to go straight from work on the Thursday to London arriving around 10pm then queuing up, getting my set then driving home again, certainly don't fancy a 6 hour round trip when I don't even know if I will get one (could sell out) but feels like one of those once in a lifetime events that if I miss will always haunt me.

I'm in the same boat, except it's a train home and I'm hoping I get in and out before last train home :s

13 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

Yep, that's correct, and the designers are going to be there.  I've been told the event will end at 1.00am.

Seems they will only have 100 sets at the midnight launch too so depending on how early people start queuing think it might be pointless me even attempting it.