Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Crzypengu said:

Its kind of tempting to get the New Falcon set in October instead of September 14th because of the Double VIP Points, but at the same time I really don't spend mine that much.

I agree but I don't think I can risk missing out. 

8 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Any idea how long the prize draw promotion will go on for? Is it just Force Friday/weekend? I'll be visiting the Liverpool store on the 7th so I hope it's still going then, of course the falcon will still be on display.

I'm fairly certain it said on the the quiz sheet it's until the 5th, it's definitely not just a Force Friday thing.

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

For me clearly is an UCS. Not a system set, and it also has a stand with some infos. So what more - besides the stupid UCS logo on the box - do. we need to name it as UCS?

In my opinion UCS can be a subjective thing too. I wouldn't class the motorised AT-AT or the Republic dropship and Hoth sets as UCS, but Lego does. 

Also I would class the various £150+ sets in the Superheroes theme(s) as UCS, despite Lego not giving them the label

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Well, the info I get is usually pretty good. If it says December, then that is what I was originally told. Most likely it's a retailer exclusive, but I guess we really don't know anything for sure. Of course, if LEGO bumps it into 2018, then it's a 2018 set.

Yup, forgot all about that one.

Guess I'll stick around till we he more info then. Usually it's the US that has retail exclusives but that concept doesn't really follow through everywhere else I've been

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

I agree but I don't think I can risk missing out. 

Missing out? So you think that the VIPs will already buy the storage shelfs dry and on October 1st, the supposedly real Release, its instantly out of stock?!

Actually, when I think about it, doesnt seem that farfetched :hmpf_bad: Talk about 2-class consumers...

I saw the UCS falcon on display at the Leicester Square LEGO store earlier today. I was shocked at just how big it is in person. Its absolutely remarkable.

1 hour ago, Sam892 said:

I saw the UCS falcon on display at the Leicester Square LEGO store earlier today. I was shocked at just how big it is in person. Its absolutely remarkable.

Don't suppose you saw anything about a midnight opening for the release of the MF?

1 hour ago, mattyman said:

53 x46 x38 cms 

That box is huge! I haven't seen it in person but I did see the Falcon. I think that may be bigger than the LEGO Duplo Black Castle Box.

1 hour ago, Sir Brickalot said:

Did anyone buy the TIE Silencer on FFII? If so, what did you think of it and would you recommend it? Thanks.

I did.  I like it.  It makes the Resistance and Poe's X-Wing look small.  I can take a picture of them side by side if you want.

This might be the wrong thread to ask this, but do VIP promotions go live in the UK earlier than the US?

Reason I am asking is because I am thinking of ordering the falcon from the UK site, if it becomes available earlier there, and have it delivered to a friend of mine who lives in the country. Basically I want to improve my odds of ordering one  before it goes on backorder/out of stock

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

This might be the wrong thread to ask this, but do VIP promotions go live in the UK earlier than the US?

Reason I am asking is because I am thinking of ordering the falcon from the UK site, if it becomes available earlier there, and have it delivered to a friend of mine who lives in the country. Basically I want to improve my odds of ordering one  before it goes on backorder/out of stock

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you're referring to the Sep 14th release date then no the UK doesn't get it earlier, except perhaps in that the UK is ahead of the US, so the 14th will arrive a few hours earlier 

33 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

US stock is completely independent from UK or other regions so timezone would make zero difference. I would also hate to think of the cost to ship it from the UK to the US independently, not to mention relevant import duty/tax. 

41 minutes ago, Markalus said:
1 hour ago, madroskylo77 said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

US stock is completely independent from UK or other regions so timezone would make zero difference. I would also hate to think of the cost to ship it from the UK to the US independently, not to mention relevant import duty/tax. 

Yeah, so I suggest you forget about that plan and just try to get it locally!

4 hours ago, Markalus said:

3 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Yeah, so I suggest you forget about that plan and just try to get it locally!

Thanks for the info! If I went ahead with it, I would use the UK site to ship to the UK, so none of the import/tax etc. 

Anyone else find that when ordering on LEGO Canada site by saturday they switched to given a different minifigure than the scarif stormtrooper ? That was dissapointing as I was trying to get a few more orders in on top of my friday orders. The site initially wouldn't even let me pay for the order and an error message came up. 

4 hours ago, madroskylo77 said:

Thanks for the info! If I went ahead with it, I would use the UK site to ship to the UK, so none of the import/tax etc. 

Well unless you plan on building it in the U.K. Whoever you get it sent to had to ship it to you. To not have import duty they'll have to send it with a low value declaration and if it goes missing you'll only be covered for that declared price.

Either way it will be expensive to ship so you'll need to factor that in.

Just finished building 75188. I'm guessing everyone is too busy building the Force Friday II sets to talk about them... 

Initial impressions:

I like it a lot. It's almost big enough to be a capitol ship. Kind of weird that it has three rear-facing cockpits and only one forward. I thought that the black bomb spheres were the same size as the basketballs and soccer balls, but they are actually larger by a noticeable amount. So much for another source of GBC balls. It reminds me a little of the Nebulon-B due to its vertical orientation and larger scale than that of B-wings. (It has seats for all 5 figs and room for two more, easily.) I can't wait to see it in action in December now. 

Next up, 75179. 

21 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Well unless you plan on building it in the U.K. Whoever you get it sent to had to ship it to you. To not have import duty they'll have to send it with a low value declaration and if it goes missing you'll only be covered for that declared price.

Either way it will be expensive to ship so you'll need to factor that in.

I am planning to visit the UK in the next couple of months anyway, so I would pick it up myself :wink:.