Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

BB-8 is marvellous, a bargain for £85 and will look great on display, especially if you have the R2-D2 UCS set to go with it, does anyone know if they are in scale?

Based on pictures of these two sets side by side and some movie photos from TFA I've looked at, I would say BB-8 is slightly smaller in scale to R2-D2, but its closer than I initially thought when I first saw the BB-8 pics.  These two sets will look great together.  

For as big as the new UCS Millenium Falcon is, it is still smaller than some other models. For example if you own the Mega Blocks USS Epnterprise, that model is both taller and longer than the falcon. Other buildings in the Lego range (for example ninjago city) direct the eye to it a bit more. I think my worry is that if not displayed properly, the Faclon won't look nearly as impressive as other models as it can't be shown off to its full glory.

3 minutes ago, Meerkat7799 said:

For as big as the new UCS Millenium Falcon is, it is still smaller than some other models. For example if you own the Mega Blocks USS Epnterprise, that model is both taller and longer than the falcon. Other buildings in the Lego range (for example ninjago city) direct the eye to it a bit more. I think my worry is that if not displayed properly, the Faclon won't look nearly as impressive as other models as it can't be shown off to its full glory.

I think it's sheer size is still impressive, even if compared to other things such as that enterprise. Unlike the design of that ship though, the Falcon is one very solid shape, which makes its presence much greater.

i do agree with the comparison to Ninjago city, I have recently bought that (using money saved for the Falcon!) and there two side by side on display will be interesting in my house. Star Wars fans will probably be drawn to the Falcon, but others will likely find the City more interesting

I've just got back form the Liverpool Lego store and the Falcon is an absolute monster. Even when looking at the Disney Castle etc the Falcon looks absolutely huge. The store is being allocated a very limited number of them for the first week of sale and the same limited number for the second week.

I was given a 6 page leaflet on the Falcon which is quite nice. I bought the advent calendar and a keyring to get the Scarif Trooper and I was also given a free prize draw card to win the UCS Falcon but I didn't win... so I was given a 30611 R2D2 Polybag as a consolation prize... which I'm now selling as I already have one.

The Falcon was getting a lot of attention and I could hear kids asking their dads if they were going to get it when it comes out... to the answer of 'No'. I'll be there on the 14th with a big 'Yes'.

I didn't bother looking at anything else in the wave as I'm not bothering with ST sets... Next on my list after the Falcon is Yoda's Hut. 

7 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

@Stash2Sixx now that we know everything that there is to know about 2017 sets, can we expect anything late in December or will the next wave of sets release in January as per the catalogues?

As far as I know, everything else is 2018.  Aluminum Falcon in October (September VIP release) is the only thing left that I am aware of.

On 28 February 2017 at 0:33 PM, Lahh001 said:

Well I've seen a pic of it from someone who has contacts in Billund.  The pic I saw was of the interior.  Thus its not an exact remake of 10179 and thus is a hybrid display/playset similar to recent sets.  It does exists but what's not clear is the release date, although more than likely it will be this September, but potentially it could be xmas to coincide with the release of the Last Jedi and thus the question is what happens to the Force Friday slot?  BB-8 potentially, which was mentioned elsewhere.

To those people who gave me abuse and called me out for being a liar since i was a newbie, i hope you're eating humble pie.  Catching up with my contact in a few weeks and will look to have news about next year's plans.

31 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

As far as I know, everything else is 2018.  Aluminum Falcon in October (September VIP release) is the only thing left that I am aware of.

What about the "Sandspeeder"? That was originally rumored to be released in December, and its rumored set number (75204) isn't in the leaked catalog. Is it a retail exclusive? Is it a false rumor?

I think it's LEGO's lack of consistency that I struggle most with. I can get 4 figures in a battle pack for £12 and 5 figures in a £130 Walker...

...I can get key rings with printing on every surface of the figure but a £650 set gives me non exclusive figures and some lack even leg printing.

If I had a criticism of Lego it would be with their graphic designers work ethic - they can make a stunning Batman villain figure that no one ever heard of (hi, Zodiac Master) but then phone in an iconic Star Wars character in a set that is the very definition of an 'ultimate collectors' set. Why does the winter soldier polybag I was handed for free in store have a holster printed on the side of the legs, but Han Solo (who's holster is so iconic - Greedo! - doesn't?) Was it 5pm and you were tired? Oh, I'm sure it was 'budget' reasons in a £650 set...

30 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

I think it's LEGO's lack of consistency that I struggle most with. I can get 4 figures in a battle pack for £12 and 5 figures in a £130 Walker...

...I can get key rings with printing on every surface of the figure but a £650 set gives me non exclusive figures and some lack even leg printing.

If I had a criticism of Lego it would be with their graphic designers work ethic - they can make a stunning Batman villain figure that no one ever heard of (hi, Zodiac Master) but then phone in an iconic Star Wars character in a set that is the very definition of an 'ultimate collectors' set. Why does the winter soldier polybag I was handed for free in store have a holster printed on the side of the legs, but Han Solo (who's holster is so iconic - Greedo! - doesn't?) Was it 5pm and you were tired? Oh, I'm sure it was 'budget' reasons in a £650 set...

Don't blame the graphic designers. They have a brief and they work to that... no designer working for a company like that phones it in or simply can't be arsed as it's late.

The £650 Falcon is that price because of the build... the figures are so secondary they're almost irrelevant.

Different themes and waves will have different requirements for the figures. I'm sure the designers would love to produce full designs with side leg printing and utilising dual moulding but if that's not what gets released in each set it's because the set plan doesn't include it.

Battlepacks are created as a vehicle to sell figures therefore you get 4 of them for £12... £12 sets with builds give you 2 or 3 figures... £100 sets could have 3,4 or 5 figures depending on the build.

If the Falcon had no figures it would still be worth the price.

Edited by Robianco

37 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

But I think you're comparing apples and oranges. The Zodiac Master is part of the minifigures line, so extra detail and dual moulding etc. would be expected.

The figures from the Falcon on the other hand, are not the main focus of the set as its UCS. Yes, if this was the Death Star where minifigures are part of the main focus, then I would agree with you.

43 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Don't blame the graphic designers. They have a brief and they work to that... no designer working for a company like that phones it in or simply can't be arsed as it's late.

The £650 Falcon is that price because of the build... the figures are so secondary they're almost irrelevant.

Different themes and waves will have different requirements for the figures. I'm sure the designers would love to produce full designs with side leg printing and utilising dual moulding but if that's not what gets released in each set it's because the set plan doesn't include it.

Battlepacks are created as a vehicle to sell figures therefore you get 4 of them for £12... £12 sets with builds give you 2 or 3 figures... £100 sets could have 3,4 or 5 figures depending on the build.

If the Falcon had no figures it would still be worth the price.

Well said. And who's buying a £650 Falcon for the minifigs anyways?

5 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Well said. And who's buying a £650 Falcon for the minifigs anyways?

I was initially disappointed with the missed opportunities with these minifigures (i.e. dual moulded single silver leg for Threepio), and the lack of effort with the TFA line up, but the exclusive Han and Leia, Porgs and Mynock are awesome, looking forward to getting my hands on these!

3 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

So is it safe to say that any new information will only be found in 2018 threads from now on as they won't be relevant here anymore?

Picked up the AT-M6 yesterday and it looks fantastic. I've never had the chance to get the AT-ATs form years past as they were always too expensive for me. I'm so glad I was able to this time as I love the design of the new walker, in fact much more than the original walker. I think LEGO did a great job on the overall design and I can't wait to see these things in the movie.

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

I've just got back form the Liverpool Lego store and the Falcon is an absolute monster. Even when looking at the Disney Castle etc the Falcon looks absolutely huge. The store is being allocated a very limited number of them for the first week of sale and the same limited number for the second week.

I was given a 6 page leaflet on the Falcon which is quite nice. I bought the advent calendar and a keyring to get the Scarif Trooper and I was also given a free prize draw card to win the UCS Falcon but I didn't win... so I was given a 30611 R2D2 Polybag as a consolation prize... which I'm now selling as I already have one.

The Falcon was getting a lot of attention and I could hear kids asking their dads if they were going to get it when it comes out... to the answer of 'No'. I'll be there on the 14th with a big 'Yes'.

I didn't bother looking at anything else in the wave as I'm not bothering with ST sets... Next on my list after the Falcon is Yoda's Hut. 

Any idea how long the prize draw promotion will go on for? Is it just Force Friday/weekend? I'll be visiting the Liverpool store on the 7th so I hope it's still going then, of course the falcon will still be on display.

Saw the Falcon on display and while it looks intense in size and build, something that will likely be anuilding event rather than just one-shot some random evening, there's just no way I have the space or money for it. 

Its an interesting price point, because I could handle the Deathstar at $400 due to it equaling a few $100+ sets in my mind. My thought became what could I get for my $400 - one amazing set or few smaller good sets. At $800, the same comparison becomes much harder. For that price I could get a whole wave easily or even crack into a new theme. 

16 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I always said it will be UCS set. And it is, the only difference is "your" UCS marking on the box...

I'm not sure what 'your' UCS mark refers to... I believe that we've established that it isn't technically a UCS set.

9 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

What about the "Sandspeeder"? That was originally rumored to be released in December, and its rumored set number (75204) isn't in the leaked catalog. Is it a retail exclusive? Is it a false rumor?

Well, the info I get is usually pretty good. If it says December, then that is what I was originally told. Most likely it's a retailer exclusive, but I guess we really don't know anything for sure. Of course, if LEGO bumps it into 2018, then it's a 2018 set.

Yup, forgot all about that one.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:13 AM, Azani said:

I'm not sure what 'your' UCS mark refers to... I believe that we've established that it isn't technically a UCS set.

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

On another note, do we think lego has again changed UCS packaging given the new MF.  Note it has no badge/logo. It clearly states UCS. I'd be interested if they follow this design now. Disney has clearly had an influence. 

On 02/09/2017 at 7:19 AM, dvogon said:

Where did you get one? Online? In a Lego store? I checked Lego online stores in Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Spain and they don't offer it

It has been reported that they are available in physical Lego stores but not online. Which is bad news for some, I was keen to get a few. I hope they'll be available at some other point in time or it's off to BL I go.

11 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

Catching up with my contact in a few weeks and will look to have news about next year's plans.

sounds good... :wink:

7 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Any idea how long the prize draw promotion will go on for? Is it just Force Friday/weekend? I'll be visiting the Liverpool store on the 7th so I hope it's still going then, of course the falcon will still be on display.

I'm not sure... A little kid at the next till was given one to open and he didn't win either... there's 5 in total to win which I'm pretty sure is countrywide so chances of winning are slim. I'm also assuming that you get the chance to win with Star Wars purchases.

I couldn't even tell you if it was tied in with the Force Friday stuff or if it's just something they've got going alongside it... You won't miss the Falcon... It's on your right as you walk in and it's displayed almost on it's side in flight position so you get the full size of it.

The Scarif Trooper was available with £25 purchases... I've noticed that it's $50 on the US site for in-store purchases.

Its kind of tempting to get the New Falcon set in October instead of September 14th because of the Double VIP Points, but at the same time I really don't spend mine that much.