Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I was told today at the Leicester Square store that they'll be having a midnight opening, with the set designer there to sign copies (which you buy on the spot and take away), on Sept 14th.

Ooh!! Gonna have to try to confirm this. Desperate to get it asap.

So...

How do you guys feel about the usage of tubes rather than brick built engine in the back?

Its the only thing I personally am torn about ☺.

Great set otherwise... masterfully great ofc?.

Cheers

Has anyone else picked up the exclusive VIP posters with any Star Wars purchase? I was told in the Glasgow store that there will be one for today, Saturday and Sunday. I was also told only UK stores were giving them away.

Can anyone confirm this and/or have any thoughts? 

Edited by Spud The Viking

The posters are available in Germany too, but the day 1 posters of the MF were already sold out in the afternoon when I got there. Hope I will get #2 and #3 tomorrow since Sunday the Store will be closed.

44 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Do we know if the "feet" on the falcon can be retracted in? Or removed?

As far as the pics look, I dont think the feet retract. Either way, if they could, I think TLG would have showed it in the designer video or in the pics.

As far as them being able to be removed: probably quite easily. Just pull em off and thats all, unless theres some more complicated technic building techniques connecting them to the ship.

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

Has anyone else picked up the exclusive VIP posters with any Star Wars purchase? I was told in the Glasgow store that there will be one for today, Saturday and Sunday. I was also told only UK stores were giving them away.

Can anyone confirm this and/or have any thoughts? 

I didn't get a poster but I did get short trooper and cavemen as extras with my purchases. I'm guessing they ran out as the store sold out all the TLJ sets and discounted sets save for the contractions. The only thing left after work was bb8 and one of the resistance pod and scout walker. I was lucky as a store rep saved a striker for me.

1 hour ago, Mooste said:
1 hour ago, dvogon said:

So there is no shoretrooper in EU... sigh!! 

Yes there are. I got one at least. 

Where did you get one? Online? In a Lego store? I checked Lego online stores in Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Spain and they don't offer it, just the walker polybag.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:23 AM, PrisonBrick said:

On 5/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, Sir von Lego said:

Puh, how often do I have to repeat this: it is UCS and it is 75187 and it is BB-8 and it is 99.99 EUR...

I was right at the end, 75187 is not ucs marked :)

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

Where did you get one? Online? In a Lego store? I checked Lego online stores in Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Spain and they don't offer it, just the walker polybag.

They're walk in exclusives in the UK so give that a try

8 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I was told today at the Leicester Square store that they'll be having a midnight opening, with the set designer there to sign copies (which you buy on the spot and take away), on Sept 14th.

Dont suppose you know if they have a display Falcon in London?  Im heading there Sunday so will drop in if they have

26 minutes ago, stuworrall said:

Dont suppose you know if they have a display Falcon in London?  Im heading there Sunday so will drop in if they have

Yes, at the Leicester Square store. I was there a couple of hours ago. It's a sight to behold! 

I got the new Desert Skiff set and the Rogue One rebel battlepack on sale with the Bounty Hunter pack on backorder on S@H (wasn't interested in any of the TLJ sets at full price). The 3 sets added up to $50 so I got the Scarif Stormtrooper polybag for free. 

The Leicester Store has it on display, and Westfield Shepards Bush will have it on display from tomorrow

Nobody seems to have mentioned this but in the U.K. There is an in-store competition to win a Falcon. You do a quiz and get a card that you peel to see if you won. Apparently 5 are being given away.

but the best news here is that the consolation prize is the May the 4th R2-D2 polybag! Free and without having to spend any money

6 hours ago, Belgian-Hero said:

So...

How do you guys feel about the usage of tubes rather than brick built engine in the back?

Its the only thing I personally am torn about ☺.

Great set otherwise... masterfully great ofc?.

Cheers

I'm absolutely fine with it. Sure, it *could have* been better, but how many  pieces would it have added to get it good? I think considering its at the rear, it's a suitable technique to suffice for completing it in some form of manner. I already know though, that I will modify it with Scottish Daves method. That would have added at least a few hundred more pieces and bumped the price up for that technique. I think it's actually fine as it currently is because it gives people the chance to have spent less, or modify an area not so important by one of the many methods already out there done to the 10179. 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

The Leicester Store has it on display, and Westfield Shepards Bush will have it on display from tomorrow

Nobody seems to have mentioned this but in the U.K. There is an in-store competition to win a Falcon. You do a quiz and get a card that you peel to see if you won. Apparently 5 are being given away.

but the best news here is that the consolation prize is the May the 4th R2-D2 polybag! Free and without having to spend any money

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Yes, at the Leicester Square store. I was there a couple of hours ago. It's a sight to behold! 

Superb thanks :) Looks like Ill be visiting on Sunday then and Ill look out for the competition cards.

Haven't been keeping up recently. I checked out the advent calendar and the only minifigs I want are the imperial officer, the troopers and the thug guy. Although only when on sale. 

9 hours ago, stuworrall said:

Superb thanks :) Looks like Ill be visiting on Sunday then and Ill look out for the competition cards.

Milton Keynes Lego shop has one you can play with - had someone there to stop me stealing parts though ;)

Pretty much the entire 'roof' comes off, I was expecting a few sections. Get modding I guess...

The box with wheels is true, I checked.

@Stash2Sixx now that we know everything that there is to know about 2017 sets, can we expect anything late in December or will the next wave of sets release in January as per the catalogues?

I picked up the First Order Star Destroyer today and I'm about half way through. The build is quite a technic fest so far - fun but occasionally confusing (in a good way). I just finished the interior (and the DSS) and the rest of the build will be the panelling.

The interior looks great - can't wait to move my FO hordes in.

Having seen most of the sets on display yesterday in various Lego Stores (actually visited all 3 in London!) I must say this new wave is a very mixed bag.

the scout walker is a nice design in-universe, but the set is very lacking to me, just looks a mess

the bomber looks just plain and boring to me, I've never liked the grey/blue design of the resistance ships as it's not as striking as it should be, especially compared to the TIE Fighters.

the Gorilla Walker is very nice, small for the price but the design it cool and I can't wait to see it in the movie

the Star Destroyer is much bigger than I thought it would be, definitely worth £130, I kinda want it as I love Star Destroyers but I think I'll hold out to see if there indeed is a UCS Star Destroyer next year

the Pod is so-so, another bland looking thing like the bomber.

BB-8 is marvellous, a bargain for £85 and will look great on display, especially if you have the R2-D2 UCS set to go with it, does anyone know if they are in scale?

but my favourite has to be Kylo Ren's TIE, the design is very menacing and looks like a cross between an Interceptor, a first order TIE and Krennic's shuttle. Definitely a buy for me, even my girlfriend, who isn't a fan of Star Wars, wants him.

the construction figures are as good as they ever are, the guard has an interesting design though.

as for the Falcon; amazing on display, it's bigger than pictures make it look, and it definitely a first day buy for me. I don't have anywhere to put it but that's not gonna stop me!