Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Its a shame you can't pre order Lego on the store, or I could get 3x VIP points on this beauty. 

In all honesty this is an amazing set. Sure the Minifigs are a bit lack luster, Leia and Han (esb) look awesome but the rest are so lackluster. I'm suprised LEGO didn't try to go for Star Killer base version of Han and maybe a Chewie with snow printing. The porgs are a nice edition but I'm sure we'll have more in a set next year. Lego should have just gone for a Bespin setting, and chucked in Lando and Lobot. 

Still I guess no one is buying this for the figures and LEGO knew they could throw whoever they like in it. 

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Yeah, the Scarif Stormtrooper is apparently something you get with an in-store purchase, and you get the FO Walker polybag for a qualifying S@H order... That sucks, because that poly really doesn't interest me. Hopefully they'll make the Scarif trooper more widely available in the future, because, well, I don't live anywhere near a LEGO Store, so there's no way I'm getting that.

I probably won't head to Cardiff(nearest Lego shop) in time anyway, but does the shore-trooper have price threshold or is it just any star wars purchase?

I don't really care much for the MF (I'm more into collecting Bad Guy stuff) but have to admit this model is beyond awesome.

Saying that $1,300 AUD is far too much to waste on a toy (my wife never lets me forget I spent <half of that on the Death Star). Also it still has stickers for some reason. I think at that price point they should be abolished.

Will probably pick up a First Order Star Destroyer on the weekend though as my Father's Day present for myself. ;-)

1 hour ago, AussieSamurai said:

Seeing the MF on the Lego site (Australian region) for $1,300, as much as I was warned about it before still so shocking to see.

Though I know there will be other nations with even worse (relative to U.K. and US plus tax) pricing.

..... need a business trip to the UK

It's $1500 on the NZ store thats utterly crazy!..

6 hours ago, ubop said:

Would you brits please quit whining for a while ? 700€ (650£) for the MF is quite the rip, it is so totally unfair that you get it so cheap. Brexit my bum...

I must say, In Canada we will have it for 900CAN$, that would be 607 euros or 558 british pounds...unfair?

7 minutes ago, legocharles said:

I must say, In Canada we will have it for 900CAN$, that would be 607 euros or 558 british pounds...unfair?

That doesn't include sales tax does it?

But still including sales tax it still looks cheaper.

The Canadian dollar and Aussie dollar are roughly the same vale, its 1,300 (including tax) in Australia.

....I don't need a business trip to the UK I need one to Canada.

Edited by AussieSamurai

5 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

It was never going to be £300, anyone expecting such was just fooling themself, to be honest the recent UCS trend has been 10p per piece so at 7500 I was fully expecting a £750 price tag so was very surprised to see it at only £650 which matches the US price once sales tax is factored in but let's not forget just by buying the set you automatically get £32.50 in points and you can get another £15-20 back from Quidco so the actual price is closer to £600

When did I ever say it should be £300? I simply told the user I replied to that no one complained about the pricing and that 1$ does not equal £1 like he seems to believe

Edited by SCREDEYE

8 hours ago, elederberg said:

In the background of the designer video there's a UCS version of Darth Vader's Advanced TIE Fighter. Obviously there was one released years ago, but considering every other Star Wars set in the back was from the past 2-3 years or so could that mean that's the next UCS set for May 4th with the speculated Imperial Star Destroyer this time next year?

I'm pretty sure (~90%) that the designer (Hans Burkhard) did all of the models that are displayed behind him in the video.

100% sure on Slave 1 and Krennic's shuttle... so I wouldn't read too much into it.

The discounted sets are pretty disappointing tbh. Most of them are just the rogue one constractions and the remaining few arent very noteworthy besides the two TIEs getting a very Meh discount.

The UCS BB8 is already on back-order at S@H in the US. I wasn't interested in it, but at the stores I went to on Force Friday, there were people grabbing them up. Both stores sold out.

The Last Jedi sets are a bit underwhelming for me. I mean two of them are virtually the same as previous sets (I'm looking at you AT-AT & Star Destroyer) aside from maybe some stickers and additional building.

I LOVE Kylo's Tie though; looks fantastic. I think that's first on my list to get. I will get the rest in time, but I usually save Star Wars sets to near Christmas so my family know what to get me!

Just got the Resistance Pod and it's a lot better then I expected! Yes it's just bigger cockpit of Resistance troop transport , but it's done very well. And new Finn is awesome, although I wish his head had angry expression instead of scared one. Rose is cool too btw.

I too have a lot of misgivings regarding the engine design, almost deliberately obscured during the launch maybe. Not only are there no thrust vector plates, but to use the trans medium blue pipes on this scale is a tad unimaginative. Having said that, I think for the money it represents a worthy addition to the UCS line - about time too.

30 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just got the Resistance Pod and it's a lot better then I expected! Yes it's just bigger cockpit of Resistance troop transport , but it's done very well. And new Finn is awesome, although I wish his head had angry expression instead of scared one. Rose is cool too btw.

Really hope someone makes a moc with 2 of those sets for a 'more minifig scale' Troop Transport.

isn't TLG going to focus on more designed UCS with a huge number of pieces ? MF... next is an imperial star destroyer as we can see the shape on the box ?

Edited by G59

11 hours ago, OCD_Chad said:

How much different is it than the one in the Tie Striker set?

Not too different, but I think people have said the torso print and possibly the leg print are different, so it's not just some polybag of an easily accessible figure on a stand, by the looks of it.

29 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Not too different, but I think people have said the torso print and possibly the leg print are different, so it's not just some polybag of an easily accessible figure on a stand, by the looks of it.

the helmet is the same all the rest is subtly different and he includes a black kama.

1 is battle of scarif, 2(4) is tie striker, 3(5) is this polybag.

Image result for shoretrooper

52 minutes ago, G59 said:

isn't TLG going to focus on more designed UCS with a huge number of pieces ? MF... next is an imperial star destroyer as we can see the shape on the box ?

Pure speculation though, next UCS could be anything.

7 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

When did I ever say it should be £300? I simply told the user I replied to that no one complained about the pricing and that 1$ does not equal £1 like he seems to believe

I must have taken your post the wrong way then as it seemed like you were asking why no one was complaining about the high price, it didn't seem to be in response to a previous post as nothing was quoted.

6 hours ago, thorin said:

The UCS BB8 is already on back-order at S@H in the US. I wasn't interested in it, but at the stores I went to on Force Friday, there were people grabbing them up. Both stores sold out.

So is the Star Destroyer and the Heavy Assault Walker

Sets already sold out?

I got an email yesterday from my local store where I get most sets. He had everything in stock; 15% below RRP.

Even with 15% off the sets still have insane prices. I've been thinking about quitting Sequel sets and just focus on OT (plus Rebels and RO.... IF we'll ever get new sets)

I am expecting supply for the VIP release will be quite limited. Do we know if the release date for VIP is indeed Sep 14th? I am only asking cause the reveal was long thought to be Sep 1st  but came out a day earlier. 

I was told today at the Leicester Square store that they'll be having a midnight opening, with the set designer there to sign copies (which you buy on the spot and take away), on Sept 14th.

I saw all TLJ sets in store earlier.  The white boxes do stand out on the shelf.  The BB8 will instantly draw the kid and adult SW fan alike as it pops off the shelf.  One curious thing was the size of the box for Kylo's tie at only 630 pieces.  Its as big as the heavy assault walker and destroyer boxes.  Feels light and less than half full when you pick it up.  Unsurprising, this wave once again is vastly over priced.

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Sets already sold out?

I got an email yesterday from my local store where I get most sets. He had everything in stock; 15% below RRP.

Even with 15% off the sets still have insane prices. I've been thinking about quitting Sequel sets and just focus on OT (plus Rebels and RO.... IF we'll ever get new sets)

I've done this prior to the UCS MF as I simply don't want to keep up with everything. I can afford everything, but as you said it's just too much. So I've switched to collecting new trilogy minifigures and let the sets be. Most sets aren't even worth buying, even with 20-30% discount. But you know as well as I do that we don't get that here very often (I know you can get them from Amazon de/uk but still). 

I will probably get Kylo Rens Tie because I like those kind of sets and you can easily display it seperatly while still looking good. The only question is how long I can keep myself from buying new trilogy sets.. This wave is pretty weak, but if they pump out a good one.. :look:

53 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

I saw all TLJ sets in store earlier.  The white boxes do stand out on the shelf.  The BB8 will instantly draw the kid and adult SW fan alike as it pops off the shelf.  One curious thing was the size of the box for Kylo's tie at only 630 pieces.  Its as big as the heavy assault walker and destroyer boxes.  Feels light and less than half full when you pick it up.  Unsurprising, this wave once again is vastly over priced.

Kylo's TIE and the Resistance bomber are overpriced, but the Star Destroyer, Walker, and BB-8 are 9-11 cents per piece.