Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

39 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think i'll dream about ucs falcons tonight. 

Hey great idea I think I'll dream about Lego porgs, I hope there are more porgs in the dec/jan wave as I am not getting the falcon.

Will this set be available for a year or two? Or is it something that should be bought on release? @The Poisonous Pickle

I think it will be here a while, lego would at least put a discounted soon sign on when the time comes.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I think it will be here a while, lego would at least put a discounted soon sigh on when the time comes.

Thanks!  Thats what I figured.  I would love to grab it Sept 14 or Oct 1st but have some other more important things to spend money on.  I could probs make it work but I'd be eating tuna and ramen for the rest of the year lol

This is a twitter post from Lego. The teaser video strikes back!! 

Edited by dvogon
This is just fun!! :)

Would you brits please quit whining for a while ? 700€ (650£) for the MF is quite the rip, it is so totally unfair that you get it so cheap. Brexit my bum...

33 minutes ago, dvogon said:

This is a twitter post from Lego. The teaser video strikes back!! 

Interesting to see tube pieces used for the engine

I'm very surprised at the inclusion of the gun on the underside, did not expect that so my jaw actually dropped when I saw it. On the other hand, very disappointed that Han and Leia's alternate prints have been wasted with the breathing masks.

Also, the $1300 price tag is a bit ridiculous. At least it's cheaper than the old one. Can't wait to get it.

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Interesting to see tube pieces used for the engine

I'm very surprised at the inclusion of the gun on the underside, did not expect that so my jaw actually dropped when I saw it. On the other hand, very disappointed that Han and Leia's alternate prints have been wasted with the breathing masks.

Also, the $1300 price tag is a bit ridiculous. At least it's cheaper than the old one. Can't wait to get it.

Maybe the same with CPI, not cheaper though...

I'm so glad that TLG made an interior for the MF... That put it away from the previous one. I like the mynions... I just wasn't expecting them (yeah, there were some rumors about them but...). On the new creatures... I have no opinion yet, though.

Leia's version is one of my favourite ones, and Han is quite good as well. Don't mind the second faces for them, at least they have the normal ones. The second ones are just a special thing, don't need to use them if you won't.

Edited by dvogon

56 minutes ago, ubop said:

Would you brits please quit whining for a while ? 700€ (650£) for the MF is quite the rip, it is so totally unfair that you get it so cheap. Brexit my bum...

Not a single UK or US user complained about the price. £650 is not cheap as 1£ does not = 1$, in fact going by xe rates £650=840$ so not cheap at all.

Got $210 in VIP points stored away for just such an occasion. Can't wait, the set looks amazing. Now I just need to find a place to display it. Any word on where to get one of those glass case tables I saw for the 2007 version?

39 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Not a single UK or US user complained about the price. £650 is not cheap as 1£ does not = 1$, in fact going by xe rates £650=840$ so not cheap at all.

It was never going to be £300, anyone expecting such was just fooling themself, to be honest the recent UCS trend has been 10p per piece so at 7500 I was fully expecting a £750 price tag so was very surprised to see it at only £650 which matches the US price once sales tax is factored in but let's not forget just by buying the set you automatically get £32.50 in points and you can get another £15-20 back from Quidco so the actual price is closer to £600

Mmm... this is an awesome set but... the landing gears... they are too high. The should leave the falcon just on top of the minifigs heads when they enter into the falcon with the ramp.

Hopefully it is Lego and we can modify it to our taste ;) 

Still an outstanding set!!! I'll definitely grab one :)

18 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Mmm... this is an awesome set but... the landing gears... they are too high. The should leave the falcon just on top of the minifigs heads when they enter into the falcon with the ramp.

Hopefully it is Lego and we can modify it to our taste ;) 

Still an outstanding set!!! I'll definitely grab one :)

This is an example of the classic Lego proportion problem. There is no possible 100% solution.

In order to make the ship WIDE enough for the disproportionate Lego bodies you essentially have to make everything look like Lego are really short people. Like Danny DeVito or smaller. There is no way around this unless you make the vehicles proportioned similarly (wider and shorter) which would just look bad.

The best they can do is match the width. Why is that? Because if you try to match for the height you can't actually fit anywhere near the amount of figures in something. Just regular CARS are a great example of this. If you stand up you're probably going to stand taller than an average to medium sized car. But if you make cars proportions to Lego Minifigure height instead of widtch you get cars that simply CANNOT fit two minifigures in it, let alone even ONE! Just look at Lego Speed Champions. GREAT looking cars. Kind of proportioned for the width of the characters (the cars are taller than the people). If you were to proportion them for height those cars would be 1/2 the size and would struggle to fit anyone in them!

Lego has no choice most of the time to proportion for width and that's fine to me. I did notice the landing stuff being... too "tall" compared to the characters but there's no real solution that doesn't make the MF super deformed, minifigures not able to fit ideally into it (like 4 people in the cockpit! more like 1 if you proportion to height!), or just redesign minifigures to have realistic proportions which none of us want. :)

The new sets are now available to purchase from the Lego Shop but the Force Friday promos are not yet active.

Edited by Andyperkins

Same on the U.K. Site... I've just ordered the Star Destroyer and got the triple VIP points, a Heavy Walker Polybag and a poster(!) Now I just need to work out how to save up £650 in the next 2 weeks!!! :laugh:

Edited by greg3

Placed my order for Kylo TIE and First Order SD, besides triple VIP, get a poster (yay), and Heavy Walker poly.

Would have preferred the Scarif Stormtrooper over the Heavy Walker poly.

15 minutes ago, Casta16 said:

No sign of the Scarif Stormtrooper polybag on the Italian Lego Shop website.

On the UK site it says the Scarif Trooper is an instore only promo.

Yeah, the Scarif Stormtrooper is apparently something you get with an in-store purchase, and you get the FO Walker polybag for a qualifying S@H order... That sucks, because that poly really doesn't interest me. Hopefully they'll make the Scarif trooper more widely available in the future, because, well, I don't live anywhere near a LEGO Store, so there's no way I'm getting that.

Seeing the MF on the Lego site (Australian region) for $1,300, as much as I was warned about it before still so shocking to see.

Though I know there will be other nations with even worse (relative to U.K. and US plus tax) pricing.

..... need a business trip to the UK

9 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Yeah, the Scarif Stormtrooper is apparently something you get with an in-store purchase, and you get the FO Walker polybag for a qualifying S@H order... That sucks, because that poly really doesn't interest me. Hopefully they'll make the Scarif trooper more widely available in the future, because, well, I don't live anywhere near a LEGO Store, so there's no way I'm getting that.

That does suck, I was hoping to get the Scarif Polybag. At least you're on the same land mass as a Lego store, we have none in Ireland. 

22 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

How much different is it than the one in the Tie Striker set?