Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Really happy the inner areas of the six exhaust vents are brick-built rather than stickers.

Just now, LOBOT-OMY said:

Man, this is awesome, love the bespin box, but what the hell is a PORG?  Image result for porg

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
Most im-Porg-seive ?

From the designer video it looks like Han has a new "normal" face. It looks kinda off but I'll wait to see better closeups. The 'depth illusion stickers' on the walls inside the falcon are kind of meh, the one in the Death Star detention block did kind of work because that was how it was done in the original movie and it did look "off" most of the time. I suppose the only way these ones will look right is if you are inside the falcon yourself :grin:

The Porg inclusion seems very weird... i.e. Disney said "to make the price seem less painful also connect the set to Episode 8 and include these things [exec shows photos of porgs] "
If you were going to include porgs in a set of this price and quality, surely sculpted not built.

I think it's nice that they included the "good" version of old Han Solo from the Rathtar Escape. Although I'm not sure to why he's listed as an Episode vii/EPISODE VIII character :grin:

Just now, LordLEGOtube said:

I think it's nice that they included the "good" version of old Han Solo from the Rathtar Escape. Although I'm not sure to why he's listed as an Episode vii/EPISODE VIII character :grin:

If I remember correctly Han is in Episode VIII but not sure in what context.

This looks amazing! I'd buy it, but I can't really justify spending $800 on a ship from a movie series I don't like very much especially when there's stuff like Ninjago City to buy. I love the level of detail though, and the figure selection is pretty good. I like it when big vehicles have interiors so I'm impressed with this one! 

On 09/08/2017 at 9:50 AM, Schneeds said:

Pretty confident, yeah.  Since when does Lego adopt a business model of making less money? 

Snowspeeder:  11.7 cents per piece.  Death Star:  12.5 cents per piece.  Assault on Hoth:  11.6 cents per piece.  Tie Fighter:  11.8 cents per piece.

Average cents per piece for previous four UCS sets:  11.9.  $800@11.9 = 6,722. 

Now I could certainly be wrong, and they could certainly bolster the piece count with small greebles (like the SSD) but why on earth would Lego pick the most adult-forum-hyped collector set ever, to suddenly buck the price trend?  The furor over this is ridiculous, they're teasing the set like they've never done before, the previous best selling large set (Death Star) just got released with a massive price hike, and yet we're suddenly going to get the best deal ever?  Call me a pessimist, but I think people's expectations are unrealistic at this point.   

7541 pieces, £650/$799 prices all but confirmed... 

I guess Lego decided to adopt a business model of making less money.... That we're getting the best deal ever and peoples expectations were realistic... 

I'm also not understanding why people are obsessing about the 'disappointment' in minifig selection. This set was never to be about the minifigs, it was never going to be one of its selling points, just a nice addition/inclusion. They have also surprised us with the mynok and 2 porg's  which are awesome in themselves... If you are wanting this set for its minifigs, you're wanting it for the wrong reasons and not for why they updated it. 

Edited by Fuppylodders
Addition about minifigs

Seeing the comments on the YouTube and Facebook reveals.

I f***ing hate this community sometimes. 

Just now, Mymaker123 said:

Seeing the comments on the YouTube and Facebook reveals.

I f***ing hate this community sometimes. 

Why are people disappointed!? This set is fantastic! I get it is expensive, but come on... it's by far the best set I've ever seen (and that includes MOCs).

The interior looks great, the bottom looks great, the figs look great, the added detail is almost perfect...

Edited by thorin

Er the Lego shop page says "Limit 5" *huh*

If this thing gets sold out right away because scalpers are buying 5 at a time I'm going to be very irritable :(

The figs are terrible honestly, but anyone who buys a $800 set for minifigures might need their head checked. Now that I can see the interior(s!) this is a wonderful set.

8 minutes ago, thorin said:

Why are people disappointed!? This set is fantastic! I get it is expensive, but come on... it's by far the best set I've ever seen (and that includes MOCs).

The interior looks great, the bottom looks great, the figs look great, the added detail is almost perfect...

Because apparently it's an overpriced rehash. People saying LEGO are bad because they've remade a set (like they do every couple years) and are charging a lot of money for it (thereby making them scummy cashgrab money makers).

even though its about $2,500 less than the last one right now.

It's basically whining kids and 20-something edgelords who thought something the size of a coffee table could be bought for their $200 Christmas money.

'But why isnt it Starkiler Base that wuld be more original lol Disney cash-grab zzzzz-SHUT THE F**K UP

probably not many are interested at this point but the new sets are up, and boy, the prices are disgusting *huh* 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

UK too. No LJ sets though which is very late and kind of counterproductive.

the LJ sets are not visible by default by all the shops but if you open one in e.g .the german one where they are listed already, you can change at the set details

Just now, brobert said:

probably not many are interested at this point but the new sets are up, and boy, the prices are disgusting *huh* 

I don't see them on the US site.

13 minutes ago, thorin said:

Have you seen that Tyrant Star Destroyer?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

UK too. No LJ sets though which is very late and kind of counterproductive.

I just called the store and they said itll pop up tomorrow. Interestingly, they are also not completely aware of what the event is supposed to offer besides a few sets and x3 points which is weird since we never had sets pop up so late on the website. Must be because of that weird force Friday app thing they're trying to do.