Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

18 minutes ago, BigEl said:

Saw that olive green as well, like why is that even there?

I looked through a few falcon depictions and the only one where that dark greyish stripe is to be seen is on this one:

latest?cb=20161109101807

Even at that it's not even noticeable and the Lego version looks far too dark.

Wow, what a great time to be an AFOL!

I think i have read something about that LEGO stores are going to display the falcon from september 1st.

Question....

Thursday, AUG 31st at 10:00am EST (Enfield) / 3:00pm BST (London) / 4:00pm CEST (Munich) is in 7 minutes right?

13 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Somebody better make a specified topic for 'How to display your UCS MF'. 

I plan to also build a coffee table for it, with three T-70 X-Wing's in flight formation with it (2x grey/blue normal ones, and Poe Dameron), as a Force Awakens post-Starkiller Base destruction fly away scene. :)

Those dont have anything to do with rectangular dish, but are just part of "changeover kit" for new movie version. Those two bits go to the front of falcon and make it look a bit different (beefier).

Just now, badgerboy said:

Thanks also to @Stash2Sixx for breaking the rumour so long ago, without that prior knowledge, I would not have been prepared for the wallet busting expense this set represents!

Good to see some positivity for Stash :) You make a very good point. I'm sure he has helped a lot of people in this respect.

As someone who appreciates all Lego Star Wars builds, but has limited myself to collecting the figs, I can't deny I am not disappointed in the fig selection. I would have expected them to have done a Death Star set up with more minifigures representing different scenes / episodes. A good selection may have tempted me to buy it and sell on the build. That way I'd get the figs and someone gets a slightly cheaper Falcon. Not sure why Lego has limited the selection, but maybe they think there will be enough demand anyway, although it seems a bit of a shortfall. Still, my purse will be happier. :) 

1 hour ago, Criss said:

Yes!

edit

To be fair the stripe and olive green are a little less jarring on the image of the box, the one I was looking at with all the figs and the display plaque was clearly oversaturated/contrast boosted

Just now, Jim said:

Question....

Thursday, AUG 31st at 10:00am EST (Enfield) / 3:00pm BST (London) / 4:00pm CEST (Munich) is in 7 minutes right?

Yes, but it's not correct time. Embargo will lift on: Please be careful.

EMBARGO TIMING - AUG 31st @ 11:01am EST / 4:01pm BST / 5:01pm CEST (Munich)

Having an interior was going to be what made me definitely get the new.  My big question is what do I do with my old UCS MF!??

6 minutes ago, Cwetqo said:

Yes, but it's not correct time. Embargo will lift on: Please be careful.

EMBARGO TIMING - AUG 31st @ 11:01am EST / 4:01pm BST / 5:01pm CEST (Munich)

Thanks for the heads up. 

I would have waited for other media to publish, but still thanks for not letting me ruin my life :wink: 

Does anyone know will Lego be revealing the Falcon at 4pm today and if so, will it be a stream via YouTube or just announced on instagram / twitter?

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

*Snip*

That kid must be MGF Customs.

*Gigantic near-perfect display piece*

"THAT ALTERNATE FACE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE CARRIE FISHER LEGO DIDN'T PUT ANY EFFORT IN"

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images!

I can't wait for the 5-10 pages of mind-numbing debate about whether this constitutes a "real" UCS set because they opted for block lettering over the stupid seal. 

Just now, All in the Reflexes said:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of 10179 profiteers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

which is brilliant

Just now, jdubbs said:

I can't wait for the 5-10 pages of mind-numbing debate about whether this constitutes a "real" UCS set because they opted for block lettering over the stupid seal. 

Don't worry, looks like just a few minutes now and all hell breaks loose :devil: :cry_happy: 

Just now, jdubbs said:

Obviously it doesn't count. This is "Ultimate Collector Series" rather than "Ultimate Collector's Series". Totally different thing! :sceptic:

13 minutes ago, Davenocheese said:

Does anyone know will Lego be revealing the Falcon at 4pm today and if so, will it be a stream via YouTube or just announced on instagram / twitter?

As already posted several times it will be revealed at 4pm GMT today.