Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On 8/8/2017 at 7:40 AM, Crzypengu said:

You know I used to think that the orange on the box were just explosions. However when I look at this X-ray of the instructions it makes me believe it is the sky of Bespin and the Dark colors around it are the clouds with the falcon flying away. I also think that could be Cloud City on the upper right corner of the page.

I guess I was right about Cloud City being on the Upper Right Corner of the page if its the same cover as the instruction manual.

13 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

IN any case, we can probably get it cheaper by importing it from the US here anyway, at least once its readily available and the scalpers have moved on.

Don't forget to consider the mammoth postage price to send such a heavy item across the world...

8 hours ago, Markalus said:

I'm also curious as to how Brickshow can share the leaked UCS MF photos on their Facebook page but Jang gets threatened with legal action for posting reviews of TLG sets he legitimately purchased. Go figure...

The stuff Jang has been threatened to take down are from Disney disallowing public knowledge of any Episode VIII products until tomorrow. The stuff the Dickshow Brickshow are waving around are not part of that dictatorship-level embargo, it's a separate set based on other movies. TLG isn't as heavy-handed when Disney isn't twisting their delicates.

Just now, Artanis I said:

TLG isn't as heavy-handed when Disney isn't twisting their delicates.

:laugh:

19 hours ago, brobert said:

I don't know about you, but I as a kid couldn't have possibly saved up to buy something like this even if I tried for years :laugh: Heck, my first salary was less than the rumored price :sweet:

I guess you are right... I just remember saving up when I was a kid to buy castle set 6085. It must have taken me over half a year, because I remember saving both holiday $ and birthday $ to get there... it's still one of my favorite sets because I earned it. I think that the anticipation and wait is what makes it so special. I just can imagine kids asking for it for several years before they finally get one... if Lego makes it a "oops we only made a few" item that only the resellers get to enjoy, that'll be terrible IMHO.

Edited by thorin

From TLG's point of view, they want to sell as many of these as possible, so limiting production long term makes no sense. I would imagine there is an initial production run and depending on how quickly it sells out, they'll do more. I don't think anyone who wants one will go without, it'll be available for years, but not everyone who wants one on day one is going to happy. Just play the long game, use VIP points offers, and we'll all get one!

1 hour ago, Flandy said:

From TLG's point of view, they want to sell as many of these as possible, so limiting production long term makes no sense. I would imagine there is an initial production run and depending on how quickly it sells out, they'll do more. I don't think anyone who wants one will go without, it'll be available for years, but not everyone who wants one on day one is going to happy. Just play the long game, use VIP points offers, and we'll all get one!

I think this will either become the new range topper (on sale for years to come like the Death Star) or be a limited duration "normal" UCS set.

If the latter, I can see it possibly becoming quite scarce and hard to get hold of.

Either way - I'm not taking any chances. Day 1 purchase for me. The view I take is it's much cheaper than buying one of the old ones off a scalper which I thought I would have to do - so a bargain :)

Edited by ElectroDiva

Lets face it, scalpers will nail this set to the wall wanting to make tens of thousands on it in five/ten years time. I suspect it will be available for many years to come though although in small production numbers, lets face it, after the initial "ERMEHGERD FERLCEN!!" excitement, not many will be flying off the shelves at £$700!!

19 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

How long until the big reveal? 

Well if they stick to their original plans I would think 24 hours from now but have read rumors they will instead unveil it today so could be any time now.

There's a picture on reddit confirming a pretty substantial interior and the TFA figures! (back of the box)

Holy cow! It's got what looks to be a full interior!! Front, back and gunnery sections... with corridors. My heart has skipped a beat. Damn you Lego I have a mortgage!!! :sick: 

18 minutes ago, ruttager said:

Reddit just had some pics that looked pretty legit, and now they are gone (mostly).

HOLY CRAP interior confirmed. Honestly I never thought it would have one and just thought it would be a straight up update. This is so cool! Can't wait to get it! Also a mynock! Fantastic!

Also Han and Leia appear to have those breathing masks as mentioned earlier. This is a perfect set.

Edited by Brikkyy13

1 minute ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Supposedly there was porgs in one of the deleted photos.

Yup, can confirm. Saved them before they got deleted.

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

Wait, porgs in one of the deleted photos of the MF...? As in, they come with it...? Or was the port picture seperate of the MF? 

Two little brick built porgs are in it. Mynock is brick built as well. 

Also, I'm noticing a few more stickers :sick:

Now that's a classy looking box!  I wasn't too sure about the fuzzy image of the front floating around yesterday, but it's going to be worth the wait!

The set looks amazing, but if I'm being really critical I'm not that impressed by the cockpit elements.  Given the price point of it, I was hoping that they'd use a plastic mould, but with greebling added to the outside, to create a 'skeletal'  external frame...it all looks a bit too smooth somehow (and an up-scaled 75105).  Also, the Mynock looks a bit of an afterthought, but perhaps they'll look better in the official reveal.  Hopefully the website won't crash on 14th September, but given the level of interest I'm a little worried.

Ok, now I'm starting to fall in love with this model.  But damnit, how am I going to afford this, where will I put the box, and, heck, I'm not sure I'd even have the space to sit and build it!

Edited by NathanR

Holy crap love everything. This is everything I ever wanted.

4x ESB minifigs in (what looks like) breathing apparatus gear - Leia, Han, Chewie and C-3PO, along with a Mynock.

4x TFA minifigs - Han, Rey, Finn, BB-8, with two Porgs.

Removable radar dish in old circular or new rectangular configurations.

Interior of at least 4 rooms with corridors between them. Chess table confirmed!

I MUST HAVE THIS. It's not a day 1 purchase though, I'm waiting for a double VIP points weekend. :laugh:

I'm still predicting a $799/£749/€699 price tag, extrapolating up from the price of Winter Train Station (Just x10 all the numbers) and the leaked $799 US price.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

I am in love. This set just blows the original out the water. I wouldn't want to be someone who spend 5000 on one!

Just now, Mr Hobbles said:

Holy crap love everything. This is everything I ever wanted.

4x ESB minifigs in breathing apparatus gear - Leia, Han, Chewie and C-3PO, along with a Mynock.

4x TFA minifigs - Han, Rey, Finn, BB-8, with two Porgs.

Removable radar dish in old circular or new rectangular configurations.

Interior of at least 4 rooms with corridors between them. Chess table confirmed!

I MUST HAVE THIS. It's not a day 1 purchase though, I'm waiting for a double VIP points weekend. :laugh:

I'm still predicting a $799/£749/€699 price tag, extrapolating up from the price of Winter Train Station (Just x10 all the numbers) and the leaked $799 US price.

I doubt the Uk price will be £749. The Death Star is $500/£410, so I expect a figure of atleast 100 difference with a set that costs $300 more than the Death Star

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I am in love. This set just blows the original out the water. I wouldn't want to be someone who spend 5000 on one!

I doubt the Uk price will be £749. The Death Star is $500/£410, so I expect a figure of atleast 100 difference with a set that costs $300 more than the Death Star

It's a £339 difference?

Edit: I see what you mean now.

Well, we know that this will cost $799 US. Also the Winter Village Train Station, which was only announced last week, is $79.99 US. It's also £74.99 UK, and €69.99 Euro. So, based on this, I'm predicting £749/€699.

Edited by Mr Hobbles