Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

6 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

If I didn't live in Perth I'd make the trip to dreamworld, unfortunately no Lego store here. What price are you expecting?

A couple pages ago before we knew the piece count I posted a link to this spreadsheet I did up that predicted the aus cost and piece count. I got the piece count right on the money (in between 7500 and 7600) and the spreadsheet indicates that it'll be $1200-$1250. Don't be surprised if it's $1300 though. Personally I planned on $1600 at the start of the year so I should be fine to get it day one. Can't wait.

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

A couple pages ago before we knew the piece count I posted a link to this spreadsheet I did up that predicted the aus cost and piece count. I got the piece count right on the money (in between 7500 and 7600) and the spreadsheet indicates that it'll be $1200-$1250. Don't be surprised if it's $1300 though. Personally I planned on $1600 at the start of the year so I should be fine to get it day one. Can't wait.

Winter Village Station is $79.99US/$119.99AUD. It was announced last week. Given this, and that we know the Falcon will retail at $799.99US, I predict the AUD price to be $1,199.99.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

I bet on one side of the box it will show the empire strikes back Falcon and on the other side of the box it will show the force awakens Falcon. I would say about 8 minifigures then. Han, Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO.  Possibly Old Han, Rey, Finn, R2 D2 or BB8. So I think 8 to 9 minifigures.

last night I did say it would be cool if they gave us a blue jacket Han, I guess my hopes did come true :)

Just now, Mr Hobbles said:

Winter Village Station is $79.99US/$119.99AUD. It was announced last week. Given this, and that we know the Falcon will retail at $799.99US, I predict the AUD price to be $1,199.99.

Pretty reasonable bet.....   spending more than $1,000 on Lego, never imagined I would ever contemplate that

21 minutes ago, AussieSamurai said:

Pretty reasonable bet.....   spending more than $1,000 on Lego, never imagined I would ever contemplate that

I always knew I would do it on the falcon eventually, I just never expected it to be through LEGO themselves until this year.

Am i the only one seeing just han solo in that picture? Where are the other ones?

29 minutes ago, Mr Hobbles said:

Well the bigger sets get, the bigger the price difference becomes, atleast on the England/US exchange, I expect it to not be that simple 

Just now, Criss said:

Am i the only one seeing just han solo in that picture? Where are the other ones?

There's two pictures. One of just the box where Han is just visible and a second one with the ship beside it and 3 more figures, Chewie, 3PO and Leia

Just now, Criss said:

There is a second image with the set out of box with Leia, Han, C-3PO and Chewie

Just now, Whovastron said:

Well the bigger sets get, the bigger the price difference becomes, atleast on the England/US exchange, I expect it to not be that simple 

It might be, the spreadsheet I linked above suggests that it could possibly be $1200AUD

2 minutes ago, Criss said:

If you're looking at it on an iPad you may only see the zoomed-in photo... at least, this is what happened to me. If you read the comments and search for the twitter account of the user who originally posted the image, you'll find the second image with the four minifigs. Or switch to a laptop or desktop computer.

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the box background appears to be Bespin. The four minifigures shown are the crew of the Falcon for the majority of The Empire Strikes Back. Worth noting; maybe there's an alternate shot/location on the back with the other minifigures.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the box background appears to be Bespin. The four minifigures shown are the crew of the Falcon for the majority of The Empire Strikes Back. Worth noting; maybe there's an alternate shot/location on the back with the other minifigures.

Yeah, that's what I said

38 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Would that not be the first teaser image that people 'enhanced' and swore they could see the MF but was upside down?

4 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Hopefully that means it'll be available in the discovery centre too. Although that thing's surrounded by so many stairs, the cart wont be much help.

I'm almost tempted to go down there just for the spectacle of watching people struggle down the escalator, with curious/envious shoppers wondering what the hell is in the box! 

I'm also curious as to how Brickshow can share the leaked UCS MF photos on their Facebook page but Jang gets threatened with legal action for posting reviews of TLG sets he legitimately purchased. Go figure...

Edited by Markalus

59 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I think it's reasonable to say there won't be an interior in this model either. Looks like all those extra pieces were delegated to reworking the exterior to make it look gorgeous!

I agree completely. I wouldn't even be surprised if the chassis of 10179 is almost the same to this one. I've built my BL'ed 10179 again last week in anticipation of this re-hash. The size and building techniques are very very similar. Although it probably won't be a day one purchase for me (for purely financial reasons), I'll definately pick it up this year.

I don't think there's any way a bit of extra detail on the top can result in a single UCS set amount of extra parts. I'd say an extra 1000 may be used on exterior detail, I think there will be some sort of interior detail. But hey I may be wrong 

For what it's worth, all the TLJ sets are available on Ebay UK with a few pounds off and free shipping. Every set seems very well priced except the resistance transport pod and the heavy scout walker.

LEGOLAND Germany has the TLJ sets already on sale. There is a pic on Promobricks of a displayed BB-8.

same reason the death star 2 went up a 100 bucks for 200 pieces, they call it inflation.  WE the end consumer gets the shaft as usual, for all we know they revamped everything.  

53 minutes ago, doclord said:

Not really seeing the reason for the price increase on the Falcon.

Inflation over 10 years, 2000+ extra pieces... What more reason do you need? And that's without knowing everything about it...

Edited by Fuppylodders