Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Not sure if this is the right place can anybody post  a pic of the MF on here or point me in right direction for a shot. We wont have many stores open here  in Houston on friday due to the storm and would love to see a shot of it.Thank you

38 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Have you guys seen Jangbricks's latest video? The Lego Group threatened legal action against him if he did not take down his Last Jedi set reviews even though he bought the sets at local stores and no one tried to street date or otherwise stop him. 

Crazy. As far as I know he legally purchased those sets and reviewed them on his own time. What was their issue?

There's only a few days (weeks?) before Force Friday, pretty much everyone, Chinese imitators or not, has seen these sets. There's no defending TLG on this.

Y'know I'm no legal expert by any means but usually a strong reaction like this (Jangbricks in this case) is in response to a complaint by someone to the IP holder. Once that happens, IP holders are obligated to protect their IP. Just one poster's speculation but it will interesting to see what happens to the rest of the online reviews (and there are many now) of the TLJ Lego in the next few days. If no one's made a claim... they should remain in place no problem.

This article claims TIE Strikers and Krennic's Shuttle is soon to retire, although I guess technically those are 2016 sets. https://bricksareawesome.com/2017/08/28/lego-retiring-star-wars-rogue-one-sets-2018/

This sounds more like Disney getting mad about their IP being spoiled rather than LEGO. Then again this is all the fault of Disney being so withdrawn with their marketing here.

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

First few weeks? I suspect it will sell out within minutes regardless of the final price. The S@H website will likely fall over too. TLG know what they've got on their hands, thus, the teasers/pre-release marketing is unprecedented. Don't underestimate the buying power (& number) of adult nostalgic SW tragics and, sadly, resellers looking to make quick money selling to said SW tragics who miss out and are willing to pay a premium to secure a copy. 

I hope not. If TLG goes through all these months/weeks of hype-building to have only a few minutes of availability... that would be a pretty poor reflection on their business. I'm hoping that if anything, availability from 12 hours to 2 weeks will be the issue. They must know that they can keep making these for years and continue selling them for years. Kids all over the world are going to see the "Largest Lego Set Ever" posters (or get the postcard in the mail) and start saving up to buy one. How is TLG going to save face if they start taunting the children with the ultimate holiday dream only to yank it out from under them!!! :look:

1 hour ago, thorin said:

I hope not. If TLG goes through all these months/weeks of hype-building to have only a few minutes of availability... that would be a pretty poor reflection on their business. I'm hoping that if anything, availability from 12 hours to 2 weeks will be the issue. They must know that they can keep making these for years and continue selling them for years. Kids all over the world are going to see the "Largest Lego Set Ever" posters (or get the postcard in the mail) and start saving up to buy one. How is TLG going to save face if they start taunting the children with the ultimate holiday dream only to yank it out from under them!!! :look:

It will come back in stock, I'm just betting the initial demand will far outstrip supply. I would argue in this particular case that 'kids' are not the targeted customer though. However, I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy parents willing to buy it for their <ahem> kids.

3 hours ago, thorin said:

Kids all over the world are going to see the "Largest Lego Set Ever" posters (or get the postcard in the mail) and start saving up to buy one. How is TLG going to save face if they start taunting the children with the ultimate holiday dream only to yank it out from under them!!! :look:

I don't know about you, but I as a kid couldn't have possibly saved up to buy something like this even if I tried for years :laugh: Heck, my first salary was less than the rumored price :sweet:

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

It will come back in stock, I'm just betting the initial demand will far outstrip supply. I would argue in this particular case that 'kids' are not the targeted customer though. However, I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy parents willing to buy it for their <ahem> kids.

This guy gets it :classic:

i made a poll on facebook for the largest dutch lego group +- 8000 members, asking who is gonna buy the MF on day one.

+-250 people replied, only 26 are gonna buy this set on day one.

i am guessing it will sell out in a day or 2,.. but because of the large pricetag a lot of people are putting it on their list too purchase it near the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, merman said:

I love Jang. Only curious where he finds the money and space to buy all these sets

He may have revenue from his YouTube account that helps pay for the sets... that way the hobby funds itself.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

He may have revenue from his YouTube account that helps pay for the sets... that way the hobby funds itself.

Since the addpocalypse that can't be enough to sustain him... Patreon maybe?

Edited by Mooste

13 minutes ago, Mooste said:

Since the addpocalypse that can't be enough to sustain him... Patreon maybe?

Possibly. I've never been that sure how it works. Also probably not the best place to discuss. :)

Lets just hope he's able to carry on doing what he does and isn't put off by stuff like this.

Edited by Robianco

They must have enough stock to last until at least the 1st, right ? It wouldn't look very good to advertise an October 1st release and have sold all the stock already !!

I'll be speaking to the manager at the Liverpool store to check how many they're getting in and gauge what time to get there based on that. It's not going to be like the Yellow Submarine release with a queue but there may be one or two people ready to get it. Hopefully I'll be wheeling that beast back up to my car 10 mins after opening. 

13 minutes ago, gudetamago said:

They must have enough stock to last until at least the 1st, right ? It wouldn't look very good to advertise an October 1st release and have sold all the stock already !!

I had that problem with the VW Beetle last year where it wasn't available on August 1st but the very next day.

So... No rectangular antenna and only 4 minifigs? I hope it's just the AD that doesn't show the full entire set. We will see...

Just now, Casta16 said:

So... No rectangular antenna and only 4 minifigs? I hope it's just the AD that doesn't show the full entire set. We will see...

Just because that's on the image, it doesn't mean it's not in the set. Chill.

Just now, Casta16 said:

I have just seen the pic and I think they are not showing everything as we know BB-8 is in the set as he was in the video tease.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

It almost looks like Han has dual molded boots.

How could you possibly tell that from this (yes, frankly, potato) quality??? If we're looking at the same image...

Just now, brobert said:

How could you possibly tell that from this (yes, frankly, potato) quality??? If we're looking at the same image...

Top looks like dark brown. Bottom looks like black.