Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I think the wheeled box with handle might be realistic considering that the old UCS with 5174 parts was over 10kg heavy. If we extrapolate this to 7500+ parts it could be weighing aprox. 15kg. No way will TLG let you walk out of the store carrying that heavy box in a bag or in your arms.

Shipping will also be more difficult if the box isn't packed in a rigid cardboard outer box. I would rather pick it up from the LEGO store than be afraid of transportation damage.

No way a 7,500 part set weighs 15kg, even with the box. My modded 6,000+ part Falcon weighed 6-7kg max.

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

How sure can we be about the new MF being sold out for the first few weeks? If we're comparing the Saturn V with the MF, I think we're comparing apples with oranges. The Saturn V was a lot cheaper and could attract a much larger audience, while the MF might only appeal to Star Wars fans and... well... it is almost 1k $.

Sure, LEGO probably won't produce as many MFs as Saturn Vs but I just want it to be in stock for the time I get to the Store boy I'm so excited just get to friday pleeeeease.

First few weeks? I suspect it will sell out within minutes regardless of the final price. The S@H website will likely fall over too. TLG know what they've got on their hands, thus, the teasers/pre-release marketing is unprecedented. Don't underestimate the buying power (& number) of adult nostalgic SW tragics and, sadly, resellers looking to make quick money selling to said SW tragics who miss out and are willing to pay a premium to secure a copy. 

5 minutes ago, NorvernRob said:

No way a 7,500 part set weighs 15kg, even with the box. My modded 6,000+ part Falcon weighed 6-7kg max.

You Probably used a lot of small parts.

Edited by Aggron44

So you are saying the weight info on bricklink and other sites about 10179 is wrong? The set did not weigh 10kg incl. box and instructions?

2 hours ago, Mooste said:

I doubt the shipping box will come with wheels? I think it just to make a comparison. 

I don't know; the wording of LEGO's Facebook post strongly suggests this is something they'll actually do.

11 minutes ago, NorvernRob said:

Not even a 7,500 parts set consisting entirely of 48x48 baseplates, Ninjago spinjitsu spinner bases, Mindstorms RCX bricks and XL motors?

:tongue:

So. If it's for VIP early release, does that mean we can pick it up in stores? How does that work? I thought it was only online.

(sorry for the noob question)

41 minutes ago, Mooste said:

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool.  But how it is packaged looks like logistically nightmare to me. Guess they need more trucks to ship these. 

Of course the shipping box won't look like that! Nobody said it would. The handle and wheels stick onto an outter box, probably all flatpacked and stored behind the counter. It's currently being assumed that only the in-store purchases would have the wheel boxes - instead of a standard lego bag.

Just now, ginja said:

So. If it's for VIP early release, does that mean we can pick it up in stores? How does that work? I thought it was only online.

(sorry for the noob question)

Which set ever sold exclusively online? It will be available in stores (VIP's after Sept. 14th) for sure otherwise LEGO would not advertise the super duper wheeled box. Or you can bring a forklift with you :tongue:

1 minute ago, R0Sch said:

Which set ever sold exclusively online? It will be available in stores (VIP's after Sept. 14th) for sure otherwise LEGO would not advertise the super duper wheeled box. Or you can bring a forklift with you :tongue:

I've just only ever got exclusives online before and didn't know you could get them in store before general release. I'll risk going to the store then :)

I don't have the luxury of a store. Online I will be waiting. Fingers on the button...

Now just to resist doing damage to the wallet on Force Friday. Trust the force...

57 minutes ago, NorvernRob said:

As I recall the 10179 boxed weight was 12kg... I can easily see this new falcon weighing more...

I've gotta say I like the wheels on the box.  Is this just a joke, or are they seriously going to ship it like that?  

Also, any chance of a Lego shopping trolley like that? As trundling round the shops with something like that might be fun....

Oh guys, just saw IT.

Have mixed Feelings about it, for example what the hell am I going to do with my Original with certifica?

Is it even save to talk about it now ? there is no confident marks neither very blurry ?

thanks

Forgot to mention, I walked passed an indy toy shop on the Monmouth high street yesterday, they were already selling the SW advent calendar £24.99, Escape Pod £39.99, FO Walker £49.99 (eek!), and the Pretorian, Rey and Chewy construction figures.

1 hour ago, NorvernRob said:

I assume the box will weigh a bit though. It has been said that the box will be massive and like other large sets it will most likely have partitioned areas for the peices, yet more weight. The instruction book is huge too. So it's not just the pieces that we have to add in, it's the box and such as well. Yours also had 1,500 less pieces than the new one as well. It could all add up.

1 hour ago, Mooste said:

Source?

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool.  But how it is packaged looks like logistically nightmare to me. Guess they need more trucks to ship these. 

Definitely worded as though it's a real thing to me. Doesn't strike me as a joke of any kind.

Only a couple of days until we get official images I guess.  I'm just hoping for around I'm hoping for 10-12 minifigures if it's a falcon to stretch across the original trilogy and sequel trilogy with an extremely detailed interior.  

My guesses as to the minifigures:

Original Trilogy: Han, Luke, Chewbacca, leia, R2-D2, C-3PO

New Trilogy: Old Han, Finn, Rey, BB8,

Maybe: Darth Vader, Old obi wan kenobi, Lando

Or variants: Han (ep4) Han(ep5 hoth), Han(ep5 blue jacket), leia(ep4), leia(ep5 hoth), Luke(ep4), luke(ep5, cloud city)

just a few ideas thrown out there, would be cool to see the characters in more unusual uniforms, such as blue jacket Han, the one he wore on cloud city. There was that rumour that they were adding Mynoks and he was wearing the jacket at that time.

Edited by Meerkat7799

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

As I recall the 10179 boxed weight was 12kg... I can easily see this new falcon weighing more...

I've gotta say I like the wheels on the box.  Is this just a joke, or are they seriously going to ship it like that?  

Also, any chance of a Lego shopping trolley like that? As trundling round the shops with something like that might be fun....

I'd imagine it's purely for those buying instore as they know carrying a heavy box from the store back to your car could cause issues but those problems don't exist for those having it delivered to their door.

1 hour ago, LoRd AmUnRa said:

Oh guys, just saw IT.

Have mixed Feelings about it, for example what the hell am I going to do with my Original with certifica?

Is it even save to talk about it now ? there is no confident marks neither very blurry ?

thanks

Well there have never been a problem to just talk about an unreleased set before. So did it have an interior and which mini figures are included?

The problem is that Lego does not give you the carton shipper boxes anymore like they used to, and those cheap handles with tape is all they got on the boxes.  I got into it with the manager at my local lego store when I bought my death star second version where they told me straight up Lego wants them to throw the carton boxes away so iddk how this will work with this huge release. 

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Which set ever sold exclusively online?

21104, the NASA / JPL Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover from LEGO Ideas. That was a very different case from this, though, and in no way should be taken as any kind of indication this would be an online-only exclusive.

Have you guys seen Jangbricks's latest video? The Lego Group threatened legal action against him if he did not take down his Last Jedi set reviews even though he bought the sets at local stores and no one tried to street date or otherwise stop him. 

9 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Have you guys seen Jangbricks's latest video? The Lego Group threatened legal action against him if he did not take down his Last Jedi set reviews even though he bought the sets at local stores and no one tried to street date or otherwise stop him. 

It's Disney. They're almost as bad as Viacom.

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

It's Disney. They're almost as bad as Viacom.

It makes no sense! The sets are out in stores and other reviewers like Just2Good haven't been forced to remove their videos. 

I suggest letting them have it on Twitter or whatever form of social media you prefer.