Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Meerkat7799 said:

I've heard that it will be about $750. That's about £580 for us Brits. This is not as bad as a price as I thought it was going to be but still very expensive. I could be wrong though.

I didn't want to start talking about price, but the rumour was £645-650 in the U.K. (645 seemed an odd number though). Anyway we'll hopefully find out on Friday.

1 hour ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

No automatic alt text available.

Holy smokes, the set is so big they're actually giving us a specially-designed carton with rollers (!!!) to lug it home from the shop.

I can see people who were going to order it from Shop at Home changing their plans and running out to their nearest LEGO Store specifically to get that rolling Falcon caddy.

I wonder whether they'll have those available for the set's entire run, or if they're just going to be in the stores for a little while?

6 minutes ago, Force-GHost-Solo1 said:

Buenos dias

Why I was blocked again. This time there was nothing wrong with my post

The Falcon will be 800$

My Lego Star Wars Collection is much much bigger and greater then all of the vollectiones you've got. I've got almost everything. Collecting since 1999

I'm sure you have such a big collection. I'm sure you are also very knowledgeable and have so many insider connections to the point where you constantly get banned for lying. I'm sure you are a troll with only a few sets .

6 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Holy smokes, the set is so big they're actually giving us a specially-designed carton with rollers (!!!) to lug it home from the shop.

I can see people who were going to order it from Shop at Home changing their plans and running out to their nearest LEGO Store specifically to get that rolling Falcon caddy.

I wonder whether they'll have those available for the set's entire run, or if they're just going to be in the stores for a little while?

I doubt the shipping box will come with wheels? I think it just to make a comparison. 

Just now, Meerkat7799 said:

I'm sure you have such a big collection. I'm sure you are also very knowledgeable and have so many insider connections to the point where you constantly get banned for lying. I'm sure you are a troll with only a few sets .

Don't feed the trolls please. 

On this set I would wait for double VIP. Its going to be hard to wait but double VIP for this set makes it worth the torture.

The problem with this thinking is you have to HOPE that it will actually be available during a double VIP sale if you wait. (see the Lego Saturn set that has been very hard to get since it launched)

For me I'll be buying it the day it is available since I don't have the older UCS set.

Yeah... that whole box thing looks like a mock up rather than an actual release crate. I doubt they'd be sticking a handle on it that way and the logos actually look stuck on or photoshopped.

6 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... that whole box thing looks like a mock up rather than an actual release crate. I doubt they'd be sticking a handle on it that way and the logos actually look stuck on or photoshopped.

It's very possible that they will stick a handle on it. When I bought a few modulars at once, they had a special stick-on reinforced handle for the lego bag that was very helpful for me.

37 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

How sure can we be about the new MF being sold out for the first few weeks? If we're comparing the Saturn V with the MF, I think we're comparing apples with oranges. The Saturn V was a lot cheaper and could attract a much larger audience, while the MF might only appeal to Star Wars fans and... well... it is almost 1k $.

Compare it then to the over $300 (after taxes) Ninjago City set that sold out in one day onto backorder.

I think the wheeled box with handle might be realistic considering that the old UCS with 5174 parts was over 10kg heavy. If we extrapolate this to 7500+ parts it could be weighing aprox. 15kg. No way will TLG let you walk out of the store carrying that heavy box in a bag or in your arms.

Shipping will also be more difficult if the box isn't packed in a rigid cardboard outer box. I would rather pick it up from the LEGO store than be afraid of transportation damage.

Bit of a dilemma for me on that... I kind of like the idea of rocking up to a store to buy one amd wheel it out :laugh:

Thing is, a new girlfriend who doesn't quite know the extent of my (addiction) collection, wanted to go to the Leicester Square store when I'm back in the uk. Should I buy it then and see her shocked I just dropped that much on a Lego set or order it online and potentially miss out on the wheely box *huh*

Dump your girlfriend and buy the set in the store of course. You won't have time for the build otherwise...:tongue:

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

Are we sure it's out on the 14th, atleast to 'VIPs'? From experience, I'll need to be outside the Lego shop an hour before they open...

14th September? That would be awesome! A perfect birthday gift from me to me :grin:

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

Are we sure it's out on the 14th, atleast to 'VIPs'? From experience, I'll need to be outside the Lego shop an hour before they open...

The September calendar has two sets available early for VIPs on September 14th so it's a safe bet one of them will be the MF.

47 minutes ago, Meerkat7799 said:

I've heard that it will be about $750. That's about £580 for us Brits. This is not as bad as a price as I thought it was going to be but still very expensive. I could be wrong though.

Remember the US price doesn't include sales tax so definitely going to be £600+ here, my bet is £650

12 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Bit of a dilemma for me on that... I kind of like the idea of rocking up to a store to buy one amd wheel it out :laugh:

Thing is, a new girlfriend who doesn't quite know the extent of my (addiction) collection, wanted to go to the Leicester Square store when I'm back in the uk. Should I buy it then and see her shocked I just dropped that much on a Lego set or order it online and potentially miss out on the wheely box *huh*

Do it! Let me know when it is and I'll pop down and take a photo of her face as you leave so you have it recorded for posterity!

24 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

It's very possible that they will stick a handle on it. When I bought a few modulars at once, they had a special stick-on reinforced handle for the lego bag that was very helpful for me.

Compare it then to the over $300 (after taxes) Ninjago City set that sold out in one day onto backorder.

Well it seems I'm completely wrong. I've just stumbled across the Facebook post and they've very clearly stated that's how you take it out of the shop. I'm going to enjoy doing that on the 14th. Good job I've cleared out a lot of Lego in the last 6 months or my wife would be filing for divorce.

21 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Dump your girlfriend and buy the set in the store of course. You won't have time for the build otherwise...:tongue:

Seconded.

They should make a box like that with a motor in it. I think we all would ride that box to our work

So when you buy the new Millennium Falcon, you lug it home in a free suitcase. I like the box! It's a clever way of easily transporting their biggest set ever. If I was going to buy this I would definitely go in store. I don't buy any big sets from the online shop anymore because of how crushed the boxes are upon arrival. 

29 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Haha, I unfortunately won't have time to build it for at least another year (work commitments) but I'd like to think as she is the one that suggested going, I'll take my chances! She will at least then know what she's letting herself in for and can decide then :grin: 

17 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Do it! Let me know when it is and I'll pop down and take a photo of her face as you leave so you have it recorded for posterity!

Actually sounds not such a bad idea :tongue: 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So when you buy the new Millennium Falcon, you lug it home in a free suitcase. I like the box! It's a clever way of easily transporting their biggest set ever. If I was going to buy this I would definitely go in store. I don't buy any big sets from the online shop anymore because of how crushed the boxes are upon arrival. 

Mine are always packaged extremely well, never dented and always packed with lots of air bags (bags of air?)... 

41 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

An hour outside? I am going to stay outside for around 3 to 5 hours to secure the $800 Transportation system they are including.

54 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Only one way this will end well, either buy her a ring as well or some sets of her own, Ninjago should go down well :grin:

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Then I would go there twice if I were you :) 

Edited by Sneakguest

25 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Haha, I unfortunately won't have time to build it for at least another year (work commitments) but I'd like to think as she is the one that suggested going, I'll take my chances! She will at least then know what she's letting herself in for and can decide then :grin: 

Actually sounds not such a bad idea :tongue: 

Mine are always packaged extremely well, never dented and always packed with lots of air bags (bags of air?)... 

I've ordered sets like the City of Stiix and the box was super crushed even though there were lots of air bags. Even some small Super Heroes sets arrived crushed. I don't want to risk it with my biggest sets, so whenever I buy a set that's $100 or more I go to the store itself. 

I don't care if the Millennium Falcon is in stock in October.  I don't care if it's the most elusive set in history (because it will be, let's face it: TLG is terrible with inventory, intentionally or not).  I just want to acquire this Kessel-runner some time in life.  Also, am I the only one who's having paranoid thoughts of the words "Temporarily out of stock"?  :tongue:

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Well it seems I'm completely wrong. I've just stumbled across the Facebook post and they've very clearly stated that's how you take it out of the shop. I'm going to enjoy doing that on the 14th. Good job I've cleared out a lot of Lego in the last 6 months or my wife would be filing for divorce.

Source?

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool.  But how it is packaged looks like logistically nightmare to me. Guess they need more trucks to ship these.