Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Supreme Leader Snoke said:

Detailed pictures of the MF!!!!!

-fake link removed-

I think this will cost you dearly...

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

unless you're a bit pedantic like I am and like to have the set done 100% to the instructions... even down to the orientation of technic pins...

I signed up to say I'm so glad I'm not the only one to do this.

3 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

I signed up to say I'm so glad I'm not the only one to do this.

Haha lol.

But seriously, as a SW minifigure collector, I understand the frustration from when you just can't get that minifigure head angled quiet central!

-fake link removed-

Wow. So unimpressed.

Just now, Aggron44 said:

Wow. So unimpressed.

Agree, what a disappointment!  I expected so much more for the price!

7 minutes ago, neoconagenda said:

modified rick roll

A Brick Roll, if you will.

Back on topic, I sure do hope we see another teaser before the reveal. Excited to see more!

-fake link removed-

[fake news]

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision."

Too bad I haven't posted here for a while; I forgot my password, and was too busy with other stuff.  The UCS Millennium Falcon 2.0.  This is the stuff of legend!  I was an idiot and didn't save my money, so I will have to wait for a bit.  Might even buy the UCS TIE Fighter first, since it will likely sell out before the end of the year.  The Falcon pictures, if legit, look to be a vast improvement on the original (which I don't own).  The cockpit seems perfect, and the blend between tiles/smooth slopes and exposed studs seems quite reasonable for a ship that has been through as much as the Falcon.  Of interest to me is the bottom of the ship, which clearly shows plates studs-down near the rear engines.  The ultimate SNOT, if you will.  This leads me to believe that there will be a thoroughly detailed underside!  As far as the interior, I think a couple rooms are a given, but even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, a detailed cockpit will suffice for me.

Also, I called the manager of the LEGO Store where I briefly used to work, and she said that the set will not be on display this Friday.  Since must be some worthwhile way of promoting the set in-store (according to the advertisement I received in the mail, at least), I'm expecting either a video screen exhibiting the features of the set, or else a giant poster.  Come to think of it, it's possible that the mystery poster with Star Wars purchase for Force Friday will be feature some artwork of the Falcon.  "Congrats on spending all your money on Force Friday, kids!  Now take home an ad for SOMETHING BIG that you will never be able to afford!"  :laugh:

I'm gonna be honest... this isn't exactly the most exciting of teasers but it's still pretty interesting non the less.... and actually, the more I think about it, the more exciting it gets. 

The dimensions for the Death Star box are 58.5 x 59.6 x 17.1 cm where as the original UCS Millennium Falcon's box measured in at 64.39 x 47.63 x 19.69 cm. That gives each box internal volumes of 59.6 litres and 60.3 litres respectively.

Now to my eyes at least, it looks as if the box on the left, which it must be pointed out that it's an outer shipping box, looks to be about twice the volume!

Seriously!? This is a real ?? to the ??⚾️?! I know the official release is next week, but this is getting a little tiring, four weeks of....

week 1: guess what? It's big!

week 2: guess what? ...it's big!

week 3: you'll never guess... it's big!

week 4: just in case you hadn't got the memo... it's gonna be big!

it is possible to tease something other than it's size you know, sheesh! 

56 minutes ago, Force-Ghost_Solo said:

Unfortunately I don't think so. I can come back whenever I want to. 

Perhaps that's the issue.

Seems as though the TLJ sets will all be in stock at my local Walmart at midnight on Thursday, after I saw the pallets on Saturday. Looking good!

13 minutes ago, Brickr said:

Seriously!? This is a real ?? to the ??⚾️?! I know the official release is next week, but this is getting a little tiring, four weeks of....

Considering it's their newest largest set ever, I think they would want to go for that kind of promotion.

Doesn't anyone else find it weird that force friday is 2 days away and there's still no sets uploaded on shop.lego.com?

13 minutes ago, Brickr said:

Well it'll be revealed in 3 days so no need to tease then. They're just making a big deal out of them releasing the largest set they've ever done... to 95% of the Lego buying public they don't care if Nien Nunb is included or if Han has side printing on his legs with dual moulding.

They want to get people excited about going into a Lego store and go 'Oooooooohhhhhhhh' at the largest set they ever made. We're the ones excited that it's the Falcon. 

I don't know if this is real or fake:

Edited by Jim
Link removed

16 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

It was posted several days ago when it was originally leaked. Personally I think that it's 100% genuine... either that or the best hoax I've ever seen (be it LEGO or otherwise).

17 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Yes, this is the legit "leak" from last week.

It's a little annoying how the direction of the grills on the outside exhaust vents closest to the centre of the ship aren't in line with the outside vents closest the back of the ship but more at a 45 degree angle. The previous UCS falcon.. actually didn't have any grill at all, huh.

its a little sad cos the "system-scale" falcons got this right by using stickers and a dish piece ?

Just now, LordLEGOtube said:

Yes, this is the legit "leak" from last week.

It's a little annoying how the direction of the grills on the outside exhaust vents closest to the centre of the ship aren't in line with the outside vents closest the back of the ship but more at a 45 degree angle. The previous UCS falcon.. actually didn't have any grill at all, huh.

its a little sad cos the "system-scale" falcons got this right by using stickers and a dish piece ?

It's something that's really easy to fix and will likely only come at the cost of raising the vents by one plate but I too am a little bit surprised that the design made it to the finished article... but hey, if the model was perfect, there'd be no reason to tinker with it and fix the little issues that (we feel that) TLG let slip and surely that's where some of the fun is?

That twitter link is the first time I have seen the new MF. Looks good, pity I ain't got the money to fling around. The cockpit/tunnel looks a bit jarring to me, like it doesn't belong on that model. A bit bare.

How sure can we be about the new MF being sold out for the first few weeks? If we're comparing the Saturn V with the MF, I think we're comparing apples with oranges. The Saturn V was a lot cheaper and could attract a much larger audience, while the MF might only appeal to Star Wars fans and... well... it is almost 1k $.

Sure, LEGO probably won't produce as many MFs as Saturn Vs but I just want it to be in stock for the time I get to the Store boy I'm so excited just get to friday pleeeeease.

Just now, Terrasher said:

How sure can we be about the new MF being sold out for the first few weeks? If we're comparing the Saturn V with the MF, I think we're comparing apples with oranges. The Saturn V was a lot cheaper and could attract a much larger audience, while the MF might only appeal to Star Wars fans and... well... it is almost 1k $.

Sure, LEGO probably won't produce as many MFs as Saturn Vs but I just want it to be in stock for the time I get to the Store boy I'm so excited just get to friday pleeeeease.

I've heard that it will be about $750. That's about £580 for us Brits. This is not as bad as a price as I thought it was going to be but still very expensive. I could be wrong though.