Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

14 hours ago, toto1971 said:

Interesting question ... No idea though, but I would find it much more interesting to know at what time (and time zone) the VIP pre-sale will start.

If anyone has an idea - or even solid intel - please feel free to share it ;)

Usually at midnight in your local area, or soon after. For physical stores that means when they open.

14 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

To add to that, when would lego put up the force Friday sets on the store page and when will we see what's discounted? Dont we usually see the sets online a few days before release as "coming soon"?

Someone else answered, but you are right in general (when TLG controls the destiny of releases). These events are the exception, where we aren't allowed to even know anything until the official Disney product release on Friday

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Sorry all...been away for work...WHAT'D I MISS?????

Nothing on topic, except perhaps triple VIP & Scarif polybag for this weekend's promo (not sure if everyone is getting those same deals).

59 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Usually at midnight in your local area, or soon after. For physical stores that means when they open.

Someone else answered, but you are right in general (when TLG controls the destiny of releases). These events are the exception, where we aren't allowed to even know anything until the official Disney product release on Friday

Nothing on topic, except perhaps triple VIP & Scarif polybag for this weekend's promo (not sure if everyone is getting those same deals).

North America only gets 2X VIP + scariff polybag from the eshop, other areas appear to have 3X VIP, scarif stormtrooper polybag + heavy walker polybag.

No news on deals on retiring sets, looks like we'll have to start a camp fire by midnight and hope their crappy online shop doesn't crash. 

Anyone going to pick up the new Falcon on the 14th in Troy, Michigan? Can't wait for this set! Shoot me a PM!

I just thought about this, but I hope the Gunner Seats on the New Falcon are represented a lot better than what 10179 did. I think it would also be nice if the seats were on the top and bottom of the Falcon.

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

No news on deals on retiring sets, looks like we'll have to start a camp fire by midnight and hope their crappy online shop doesn't crash. 

Oh, don't worry it will crash :laugh:

I looked at the leaked photo again, and now I'm annoyed that the exhaust vents on the front mandibles aren't perfectly round like they were on the old one. What is seen cannot be unseen. Still a day 1 purchase for me though

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

I looked at the leaked photo again, and now I'm annoyed that the exhaust vents on the front mandibles aren't perfectly round like they were on the old one. What is seen cannot be unseen. Still a day 1 purchase for me though

Hmm, I will have to look at the picture again. I am still not convinced its the actual picture until the reveal date on Friday.

9 hours ago, Robianco said:

Nah... we've got the printed arms for the ESB version... it's the printed arms they'll put in the UCS Sail Barge that'll be the killer!

In the USC Slave I, I remember. Longer ago than I thought. 

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That is because of the new raised arch pieces...

The UCS Millenium Falcon will contain an Episode IV Han Solo with special arm printing. Also it contains Leia Luke Chewbacca Old Obi Wan C3PO and R2-D2 all from Episode IV but with no special arm printing. 

For the TFA charakters there will be Han Solo Rey BB8 and Finn all with no arm printing. The Falcon will have two dishes too. 

FGS has a rep for being unreliable from prior posts so take it with a grain of salt regardless of how reasonable it would sound.

14 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

FGS has a rep for being unreliable from prior posts so take it with a grain of salt regardless of how reasonable it would sound.

Not to mention he always uses the classic "mix real information with fake new information to sound real" technique. Best not to give him attention and just call him ma'ravaar for his confidence in fake info

Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread closely for a few months, ever since the rumors on the new UCS MF started getting more substantial. Finally decided to jump in and register.

I've been an AFOL for a couple of years, starting with the purchase of 75105 MF.  I also bought a used UCS Tumbler on Ebay, and now the hunger is growing. Maybe a 10240 X-Wing next. Then I saw some cool MOCs and started modding the 75105. Now I'm hoping to make day 1 purchase of the new UCS beast, and putting the puny 75105 to pieces. I've also started making a MOC of my own (non-Star Wars, and still a closely guarded secret ;)), with the intent of posting it on Lego Ideas, hopefully by the end of the year. 

I've been taking a close look at the picture of the supposed UCS MF leak from China. I don´t think anyone here has mentioned this: they have put the battle damage holes on the MF, the few black holes which can be seen on the movie prop close to the radar dish. That's a somewhat strange decision. I hope it's a printed piece, because as a sticker that might look super dumb. I like how Marshal Banana made his "holes" using lego bricks, that felt more purist to me. (Yeah, after starting legoing again as an AFOL, I seem to be a purist.)

Personally, I'm not craving an interior that much, but I really hope they've put as much love and detail on the underside of the ship as they have for the top. Even though one might practically never admire the set from below. I think a plain and unfinished underside would really make the set unbalanced. Of course, still assuming the pic was legit.

Also started following Jangbricks on Youtube. I love his calm, sensitive and sophisticated, yet humorous style, and fair observations on the sets. Anyway: Friday can't come soon enough!

I'm only disappointed that BB8 will have no arm priniting... :( :devil:

Alright, I'm sorry, I started to troll again...

But I would be suprised  disappointed to see so many minifigs without any special printing for a set of this magnitude i mean, price.

38 minutes ago, Kalekko said:

I don´t think anyone here has mentioned this: they have put the battle damage holes on the MF, the few black holes which can be seen on the movie prop close to the radar dish. That's a somewhat strange decision. I hope it's a printed piece, because as a sticker that might look super dumb.

Now that you mention it I see it too. And it looks very much like a sticker. :hmpf_bad:

50 minutes ago, Kalekko said:

I've been taking a close look at the picture of the supposed UCS MF leak from China. I don´t think anyone here has mentioned this: they have put the battle damage holes on the MF, the few black holes which can be seen on the movie prop close to the radar dish.

That part has been printed before in the past, but I don't recall the color ever changing that dramatically for it. That's definitely a sticker... god dammit. (Also it confirms that it's real cause no MOC builder would use a sticker? :laugh:) That's such a small detail though I'm sure you could leave it off and it wouldn't change a thing... unless you're a bit pedantic like I am and like to have the set done 100% to the instructions... even down to the orientation of technic pins...

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

But they are smaller and closer to proper scale.

Also allows more color detail with wedge plates.

Steve

42 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

"... unless you're a bit pedantic like I am and like to have the set done 100% to the instructions... even down to the orientation of technic pins..."

that'd be me.

6 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

I wonder if there will be limited stock of the falcon. Do I not risk it and buy it on on release off lego.com or do I wait for a deal at a local Australian store (target, Kmart, etc)??

I'm wondering the same thing... Do I buy it asap or do I wait for double vip, because that's a bucket load of vip points...