Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

14 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Am I the only person who genuinely likes the majority of TLJ sets? 

The Heavy Assault Walker, TIE Silencer and First Order Star Destroyer are Day 1 purchases for me. 

The price feels 10-20% too high, so double VIP will help that.

I also think each set is 1 minifig short, Phasma for the Star Destroyer for example 

They all look fine, and are a little drab color-wise, although looking back on the first wave of TFA sets in 2015 they were drained of color, too. Mostly light grey all around. 

Starting to get worried that they are messing up the location of Snoke's throne, though. Snoke's command room should not be on a regular Resurgent class destroyer. I think including Snoke in 75190 might be TLG's way of saying, "this is the largest FO ship were are ever making, so get your wallets out now." It's the one ship I'm most excited about, though. TLG can't produce enough system scale capital ships for my liking.

huh... its worst than I expected

Heavy Assault Walker - boring ... pass

Heavy Scout Walker - disaster looks ugly ... pass

BB8 - pass

Resistance Bomber - finally something nice and worth of buying

Its only my opinion and I respect that there will be tons of buyers who like s the new wave

The thing is we are seeing these Lego interpretations BEFORE we've seen them in the movie, maybe once we've seen them moving and being 'badass' our opinions of the sets will change?

isn't it a bit risky from TLG on the marketing pov to release both at the same time the new UCS MF and TLJ sets ??

The Heavy scout walker seems like a really interesting design as a Star Wars vehicle. As a Lego set however it seems really lacking, almost like an unfinished set. Even the walking function doesn´t work like it should be and the head is fixed. I get a first order snow speeder set vibe from this, even though the snowspeeder was actually well designed.  I really see this set being on sale within a few months, unless the vehicle has a significant role in the movie. 

Only sets I am going to buy this wave are the UCS MF and BB8. Sure the BB8 is small but I think it is cute. The AT-M6 (heavy assault walker) looks boring and the heavy scout walker doesn't convince me to pick it up. And I am kinda glad for it. It is going to be an expensive times regarding Lego. 

2 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Thought it was always going to be Force Friday? then VIP will get the chance to own it early on September 14th and then everyone else on October 1st.

Not long really then, let's just hope we get a good minifigure selection and a good interior. 

I think we can all agree that this wave is pretty lackluster, especially when compared to TFA or RO's Force Friday waves. There are a few standouts of course, like Kylo's TIE and the Resistance Bomber, but even those have their own problems. The entire wave seems rushed & overpriced; like they weren't given enough time to work on the sets. I'm really hoping that the Winter Wave will make up for this; I want some truly spectacular sets for TLJ.

8 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Thought it was always going to be Force Friday? then VIP will get the chance to own it early on September 14th and then everyone else on October 1st.

Yes, so 1 week to go

8 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

About the promo minifigures with stands...

Does anyone know of any others? The initial post in this thread doesn't even have the two mentioned here, and the thread is kind of large and unwieldy to go through all of it at the moment.

Have I missed any that have already come out?

Anything already out or confirmed is listed on Brickset, so if you're ever unsure you can check there. I was wondering the same thing yesterday but looked on the shelf to see a solitary astromech, so I'd say "no", and hope (I already assume, dangerous I know) that this Scarif trooper is available here too.

13 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

The thing is we are seeing these Lego interpretations BEFORE we've seen them in the movie, maybe once we've seen them moving and being 'badass' our opinions of the sets will change?

That's definitely true, my opinion already changed upon seeing them built in videos, not just boxes and official images. (Unfortunately, most of them to the negative direction) However, a set like that spider-walker is in itself really disappointing. The others I think are ok, just some of them don't look that compelling on their own, as you say without seeing the source material. The size of that gorilla walker still bother me though. Also the BB8, but from the review it's clear that despite the relatively small size, it has some cool building techniques and functions.

I think the Falcon doesn't go on sale until 14th September.  Lego aren't daft... 

But 3x vip points... Oooh my wallet could be very empty by the end of that day!

14 minutes ago, allstyles said:

3x vip points,...    but that will not apply to the falcon i guess :pir_tong2:

I wish, but that would surely never happen

ok, 3x VIP points, now we're talking! With that, I will actually order something. Then be disappointed in S@H again....but the thrill of it always overpowers me :D

Yep, triple points on the Falcon would be great (and it did happen with the Death Star last year) but unless the rumours about the Falcon release date are wrong or they do some sort of pre-order then looks like it probably won't happen.

8 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Do we also get a polybag or anything during the event or just the VIP points?

Meant to be a Scarif Shoretrooper isn't it?

19 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Do we also get a polybag or anything during the event or just the VIP points?

If I recall well, for USD/EUR 50 you could also get the Scarif Shoretrooper.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/stores/us/news/force-friday?shareurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lego.com%2Fen-us%2Fstores%2Fstores%2Fus%2Fflatiron-district%3Fid%3D8EA3A01E-B7D6-41EC-AC2B-AD536D188BC0

The link also says 2x VIP points, let's hope it will be 3x...

Edited by dvogon
Added link

Does anyone think that they will discount the LEGO  UCS Slave 1?

Maybe a £20 discount? If so it would cost only £160 plus with 3x vip points it also gives you over £25 worth of vip points. That seems like a very good deal to me.

They said they will discount the TIE Fighter and since Slave One is older then surely they want to get rid of that stock?

Edited by Meerkat7799

if "SALE" all in capital letters (as the link says) means somewhat 20% off on some sets + 3x VIP points I would say it will be a very good time to get the Tie Fighter. If the Slave 1 gets some discount I will definitely consider it!

Edited by dvogon
fixed typo