Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

55 minutes ago, Markalus said:

I don't doubt the design is 100% legit but has anyone considered that Lepin may have already stolen the design and this is what we are seeing? The model looks incredible, but the surrounding artwork and typesetting strikes me as not worthy of Lego's flagship.

To me, it just looks like a local reseller advert.

2 hours ago, JayCal said:

As far as the rigging goes... Wasn't TLG the company that gave us the 8 wide earth blue arches in the winter village market because the fans requested those for rebuilding retired modular buildings? They actually told us this in the designer vid... Now back to the rigging: what is a very expensive part for bricklinking a 10179? I think the rigging is there as fan service for all the people who already Bricklinked a 10179. Can't wait for this one! Hans did an amazing job capturing the details.

Edit: although rigging is not the most expensive part... it is one of the hardest to replace properly.

Yep, that's it.

lego can't win can they? They supply us with an ultra rare part and people complain!

2 hours ago, Aggron44 said:

The rader dish.

its about $425.00 usd for a good one.

About that dish... the teaser vid had BB8 in it... Force friday is all about The Last Jedi... why show the original trilogy dish on the advertisement? I'm not Spock but wouldn't it be more logical to show the TFA dish on it? 

25 minutes ago, JayCal said:

About that dish... the teaser vid had BB8 in it... Force friday is all about The Last Jedi... why show the original trilogy dish on the advertisement? I'm not Spock but wouldn't it be more logical to show the TFA dish on it? 

That surprised me as well. You would expect the new radar dish.

It has been rumored that the set would not only include the OT and ST minifigs, but also includes a round dish and the rectangle one seen in TFA. So you can choose which one to use. All signs show this rumor is correct. And my opinion: this is absolutely 100% the real thing.

Edited by bountybossk

1 hour ago, JayCal said:

The round dish is arguably more iconic and has more appeal more to AFOLs, the target demographic. BB-8 in the vid was probably just to tease what a lot of fans have been hoping for...minifigs from both trilogies and an interchangeable dish.

I believe the latest UCS MF pic (from China) to be correct. I have not seen this moc before and the building style has a few throwbacks to the 10179. It has a few new brick types an a sweet canopy. If it is a hoax, it is the best one yet. Why build a moc that is on par with marshals' to make a hoax? All the other hoaxes have been pictures of the 10179 or modified versions of it - or known mocs. It also spots straight lines in places where moc'ers would try to make some sort of hack to get the lines skewed at this scale. 

I am about 75% certain this is legit. Some of the detailing may seem over-the-top for an official set, but I like it - and at 7500 bricks TLG is about to set a new standard anyway :D If it is a fake, then kudos to the one who made this - you have designed one of the best UCS MF mocs! And here is the kicker: If you see the docking ring in the teaser vid it has the exact same design as the version in the pic - with the new macaroni tiles and all.

If this is fake I hope the real version is a good as this one - otherwise I will have to mod it into something more like this :)

Aren't there also differences in panel colouring between the original and the TFA versions of the Falcon? Wonder if there will be slight variations in the build to represent those, as presumably would only require some slight changes to the detailing in the appropriate places. 

Is the cockpit glass design new? and is this gonna be the UCS MF cockpit glass minus the printing?  

Skip to 2.52 --------->   

2 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Is the cockpit glass design new? and is this gonna be the UCS MF cockpit glass minus the printing?  

Thats the old MF cockpit glass with new print, unless im missing something.

Edited by All in the Reflexes

10 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

no the MF piece will be 6 studs on the small end and 10 studs on the large end.  Look at the ninjago set 70616 the piece is used twice in this set.

Steve

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

Jang is pouring out reviews of the TLJ wave. He's got BB8 and The heavy assault walker already

I have to say, my opinion changed of quite a few sets based on these reviews I just watched. The walkers I still don't like, that spider is just meh, and I still haven't decided if I like the gorilla walker's design in general, but the LEGO form is disappointing, since it should be bigger than an AT-AT. BB-8 is also disappointingly small, but I'm starting to like the bomber now...probably won't buy any of these for full price though.

Man that Heavy Scout Walker that Jang reviewed sucks. I won't be getting it until it's on clearance, and maybe not even then.

Edited by Rune Haako

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

Man that Heavy Scout Walker that Jang reviewed sucks. I won't be getting it until it's on clearance, and maybe not even then.

Yeah clearly disappointing.. I'll just get the minifigs from bricklink for the 1st wave. And I'll use the money to buy the UCS MF :) 

Edited by Martinouchou

Yep, I agree with the above comments, all these last jedi sets are utter turd !  The only set I really like is the BB-8.

Anyway I don't even care, cos the new MF is just incredible, and the only star wars I am into is OT and Rogue 1. That's it. :laugh::sweet:

Just now, LOBOT-OMY said:

Yep, I agree with the above comments, all these last jedi sets are utter turd !  The only set I really like is the BB-8.

Anyway I don't even care, cos the new MF is just incredible, and the only star wars I am into is OT and Rogue 1. That's it. :laugh::sweet:

Yeah I can't believe how great this MF looks ! Honnestly I don't even like the previous UCS MF now ^^

5 minutes ago, Martinouchou said:

Yeah I can't believe how great this MF looks ! Honnestly I don't even like the previous UCS MF now ^^

For some of us the compulsive nature of collecting does not allow for like or dislike. I agree with you on the new version looking better but once they slap a UCS title on a set a lot of us have no choice. Its a terrible problem for people that came into the series late. I didn't start collecting until the re-release of the X-Wing and only lack the two busts. I just recently acquired the 10179 now that prices have dropped with serious sellers. My only problem is space for two MF's and now rumored ISD... I am not going to be able to con my wife out of another room!

1 hour ago, Rune Haako said:

It's quite disappointing... the legs mechanism doesn't even work well and the scale compared with the heavy assault walker is unknown, let's see.

I don't know what to say about the heavy assault walker without seeing the movie... but the number of minifigures for that price is lame. The FO transporter had 7 and it was way cheaper.

On the Finalizer, it's ok, at least better than the heavy assault walker. The bottom of the ship and the complete handler structure is almost the same of the 75055 star destroyer. The length (measured in studs) of those sections are also almost (if not exactly) the same. So it would be easy to modify a 75055 set to create another Finalizer without the awful color scheme of the open sides. And you can even accurately reuse the hologram :)

From the reviews I've seen so far, the only TLJ sets I'm getting right away will be BB-8 and the Resistance Bomber.  I will probably want Kylo's Tie as well, just haven't seen a review of it yet.  I didn't think I would like the Resistance Bomber but I actually do now that I've seen it in a video.  Neither of the walkers do anything for me, I'll just need to get the new minifigs another way.

24 minutes ago, aukevin said:

From the reviews I've seen so far, the only TLJ sets I'm getting right away will be BB-8 and the Resistance Bomber.  I will probably want Kylo's Tie as well, just haven't seen a review of it yet.  I didn't think I would like the Resistance Bomber but I actually do now that I've seen it in a video.  Neither of the walkers do anything for me, I'll just need to get the new minifigs another way.

Just2Good has a review of Kylo  rens ship online. 

Am I the only person who genuinely likes the majority of TLJ sets? 

Aside from the Scout Walker, which, yeah, is kinda lame, I think the rest look great!

the transport has a huge amount of play value for such a small ship, the Silencer is an excellent display model (and no-one complained about the lack of action features on the other First Order TIE), The Bomber seems to be liked by most anyway as does BB-8, and the Heavy Assault Walker is the spitting image of the actual vehicle based on those new photos. I was never gonna get the Star Destroyers due to space constraints but it looks good too. 

The only plausible downside worth complaining about is the price, but since everyone here seems so disenchanted with these sets that they'll only buy them on discount that doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone here either...

18 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When can we expect an official reveal then?  It's not like it's a prelim photo so surely it can't be that long.

Thought it was always going to be Force Friday? then VIP will get the chance to own it early on September 14th and then everyone else on October 1st.

About the promo minifigures with stands...

On August 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

How many of these minifigures are being offered? So far I know of just R3-M2 at TRU and the shore trooper at LEGO, but it seems like something they could easily do a slew of.

Does anyone know of any others? The initial post in this thread doesn't even have the two mentioned here, and the thread is kind of large and unwieldy to go through all of it at the moment.

Have I missed any that have already come out?