Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

There is a comparison pic going around showing the old to the "New" one and i have to admit:

after two minutes of comparing both, the old MF looks like a toy :grin:

Edited by Criss

There's a review for the resistance bomber. Looks really nice imo. All we need is a review for the scout walker and BB8

If this is the new UCS MF then it absolutely blows the old one out of the water. Just goes to show that 10 years of new elements and building techniques can really do. 

I'll have to wait and see a few more angles, figures and the price before I decide if I'm going to get one. But that is one beautiful piece of junk.

I am 100% positive that this leak is legit: After doing some reserch the prices match from what is shown on the leak to around 700 usd. I still feel like it could get up to 800 usd but this makes me feel pretty certin that this is the real deal. Aswell as so many of the pieces on the ship its self are new pieces that have been only used on recently released sets. The only thing that makes me shake my head is the piece count. Why only put it at 7500. I can't wait for this set and hope it is priced at 700 usd. As I live in Canada a 800 usd falcon would probably be 1000 dollar Canadian and I don't want to publicly be known as the guy who spent 1000 dollars on a Lego set.

46 minutes ago, mattyman said:

The rear plates at the bottom are identical to 10179. A bit odd don't you think?

Thats what I am saying, I can see the telephone pieces are moved a bit on the rear, but it does look too similar to the first version.

MF looks really, really, good... but it's way out of my price range. :cry_sad: 

I'd rather save my money for the rumored Star Destroyer next year. 

When can we expect an official reveal then?  It's not like it's a prelim photo so surely it can't be that long.

The official LEGO pieces count is 7541.

This image with chinese text says 7500 pieces.

Which  number is the official one...? 7541

It does not mean this leaked image is faked, but the advertised parts number is incorrect for sure. I wish this leaked image is fake. The MF can easily look much better using 7541 bricks. MBs version is yhe living proof of that.

Edited by legocharles

Just now, Crzypengu said:

53 minutes ago, mattyman said:

The rear plates at the bottom are identical to 10179. A bit odd don't you think?

Thats what I am saying, I can see the telephone pieces are moved a bit on the rear, but it does look too similar to the first version.

Yes, that's a bit intriguing... if it is real its size should be almost the same as 10179. If that were the case the structure should be similar hence the chance of an interior is reduced. Apart from adding the structures seen in the teaser, the increased detail is still impressive.

However, there are some disturbing elements in the photo:

1. The pieces count: this is an obvious error that should not be made by TLG. Never if they planned a teaser featuring the detailed pieces count. 

2. The typeset of Star Wars, just white. That's ok for the old Dead Star, which used a licensed banner and they weren't allowed to change it. But the new UCS ones don't use any specific banner. Being that big it should have at least the gold typeset of the Dead Star, the Slave 1 or the Sandcrawler... or even a platinum one for such an awesome set. 

3. The Lego logo position in the whole image, very odd and unprofessional, not well placed in the photo at all. It is also smaller than it should be, even more if the set is going to be so great. 

4. The star destroyer... it's a 75055, and it is shadowed, not plain black like the ships in the Dead Star. No explosions neither, TLG just love them.

5. The planet resolution, it is just too low. The same with the strange structure on top of the Lego logo, too blurred. What is it supposed to be? And the star field behind... definitely for old 1024x768 monitor resolutions.

6. The cockpit piece, which should be highlighted if it is a special piece, it is just not seen very well at all.

7. The lasers are not aligned with the position of the top cannon in the Falcon.

What kind of quality assurance has TLG on the advertisement of its flagship set?

So... the more I see it the more errors I find. Maybe it's just me...

Not to pile on the skepticism, but the one thing that struck me as odd is that the dimensions listed are exactly those of the previous UCS set... down to the cm. I guess if it's built from the same interior framework, it could be the same number of studs on the exterior too, but given the amount of SNOT techniques being used and the increased number of parts, I would expect those dimensions to vary at least a bit in the new version...?

Image was taken off Reddit due to a copyright notice. Seems like unofficial confirmation that it is legit. 

2 hours ago, Lobot said:

I've scrutinised the highest quality image that I've found of it, but can't see what you're referring to - unless it's the '2 x 2 with Grille Fine Mesh Pattern' (link)?  Admittedly the lighting is a bit odd, and my eyesight isn't what it once was, so apologies if I'm missing something!  However, on something of this quality I doubt that they'll use stickers to any sort of extent; but being pragmatic a few scattered across a set of this size will be totally insignificant!  10179 had a couple for the cockpit, and I don't recall seeing a single negative comment about them....  

This is an exceptional set, and I'm sure it will be a very popular amongst SW fans - it's a worthy successor of the original :wub:

I was referring to the detailing in this area, but going back and looking at it in higher quality it appears to be constructed with the grille tiles. I think you're right, all stickers (if any) will stay in the cockpit/any other interior section. 

Just now, jhoya said:

Image was taken off Reddit due to a copyright notice. Seems like unofficial confirmation that it is legit. 

I still see it just fine.

Just now, jdubbs said:

I still see it just fine.

The post I was referencing is on the Lego subreddit. 

Sceptic +1. But willing to be wrong - guess we'll find out soon enough! :sweet:

OK, so there are modern parts on it and superficially some areas seem to be legit compared to the teasers and thoughts about new cockpit parts, etc. but it just doesn't seem different enough at the back to be a totally new Falcon design - it just looks tweaked. Unless all the magic is inside, I guess.

Others have already mentioned the rear plates, but also, why would they use the old rigging parts again for the engine grilles when MOCcers have come up with (IMO) much better looking engines?

I don't have one but I never liked the use of rigging parts as it looks like they need to be bent to match the curve - even though they used them in the original UCS MF, I'd have thought that was strictly speaking illegal... Not that I'm the judge & jury, of course! :sceptic:

44 minutes ago, manglegrat said:

Sceptic +1. But willing to be wrong - guess we'll find out soon enough! :sweet:

OK, so there are modern parts on it and superficially some areas seem to be legit compared to the teasers and thoughts about new cockpit parts, etc. but it just doesn't seem different enough at the back to be a totally new Falcon design - it just looks tweaked. Unless all the magic is inside, I guess.

Others have already mentioned the rear plates, but also, why would they use the old rigging parts again for the engine grilles when MOCcers have come up with (IMO) much better looking engines?

I don't have one but I never liked the use of rigging parts as it looks like they need to be bent to match the curve - even though they used them in the original UCS MF, I'd have thought that was strictly speaking illegal... Not that I'm the judge & jury, of course! :sceptic:

There are very flexible.

but I do agree mocs have better looking ones.

For those questioning the re-use of boat rigging, perhaps the design Er was given a specific part count to work with, and felt that doing the engines similar to other moc'ers out there would have eaten up one hell of a chunk of extra pieces, so resorted to increasing the detailing elsewhere. The engines are at the back inside an upper and lower overhang. Not always on show unless you display it in the centre of your room, even so, the entire upper area is always seen regardless, unless you are below it. Therefore, I'd understand less increased detail on the engine than less detail on the top

^I doubt the designer was given a specific budget for this one. 10179 originally started as a MOC, and the designer was told to finish it first and they'd price it afterwards. I expect that for this one they were told "take the old one, go from there"

As far as the rigging goes... Wasn't TLG the company that gave us the 8 wide earth blue arches in the winter village market because the fans requested those for rebuilding retired modular buildings? They actually told us this in the designer vid... Now back to the rigging: what is a very expensive part for bricklinking a 10179? I think the rigging is there as fan service for all the people who already Bricklinked a 10179. Can't wait for this one! Hans did an amazing job capturing the details.

Edit: although rigging is not the most expensive part... it is one of the hardest to replace properly.

Edited by JayCal

38 minutes ago, JayCal said:

As far as the rigging goes... Wasn't TLG the company that gave us the 8 wide earth blue arches in the winter village market because the fans requested those for rebuilding retired modular buildings? They actually told us this in the designer vid... Now back to the rigging: what is the most expensive part for bricklinking a 10179? I think the rigging is there as fan service for all the people who already Bricklinked a 10179. Can't wait for this one! Hans did an amazing job capturing the details.

The rader dish.

its about $425.00 usd for a good one.

36 minutes ago, Aggron44 said:

The rader dish.

its about $425.00 usd for a good one.

We haven't seen the front of the new one yet, but my money's on it being the same piece 

8 hours ago, marshal-banana said:

this is legit - 100%. All elements like cockpit, docking ring and exhaust from the quick teaser trailer are in line with the leaked image.

I don't doubt the design is 100% legit but has anyone considered that Lepin may have already stolen the design and this is what we are seeing? The model looks incredible, but the surrounding artwork and typesetting strikes me as not worthy of Lego's flagship.