Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the cockpit glass and windscreen appear to be a clear printed version of the transparent light blue part on the new Ninjago snow tank like some others eluded to when the snow tank first appeared!

https://brickset.com/parts/6195410

Just now, That Orange Thing said:

That corner is near impossible to get right as its a curved corner meeting at a difficult angle. You could spend a lifetime trying to get that right to no avail.

I approve this message, that corner is pretty good, props to lego.

Yes, but all the text is in chinese. The picture isn't watermarked, so I'll post this. I guess a mod could tell me to remove or something? 

*snip*

Edited by Lobot
: Confidential image removed!

1 minute ago, That Orange Thing said:

That corner is near impossible to get right as its a curved corner meeting at a difficult angle. You could spend a lifetime trying to get that right to no avail.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. There are lots of different ways imo. While looking at it I imagine one already

Just now, That Orange Thing said:

I dunno, they came pretty close to nailing it on the old one.  This is certainly an impressive model, and the greebling is amazing, but there's something about it I don't like, and I just can't put my finger on it.  Maybe it's the number of exposed studs, but parts of it don't look like a Lego model to me... 

Beneath the greebles, some of the main panelling looks the same as the old version, also the reuse of the light grey boat rigging for the engines.  Some parts have had a revamp like the curved walls for the cockpit and access corridor.  But I can see the greebles really eating up the piece count.  

For example, on the back the small triangular fins are brick built (more parts than the old one), the light grey levers are now binoculars + 2 light sabre blades + mounting stud.  The circular vents on the saucer are tiled with 1x2 grille pieces instead of the simple 6x6 webbed dish used on the original.  I could see maybe a thousand of the new pieces going on the extra greebles alone, or elements like the cockpit where a few angled plates now become dozens of curved bricks.  An interior would be fantastic, but is there going to be any parts budget left for this?  And could the internal frame be modified to allow any kind of interior? (I've seen Mocs that did this, but could it be done to the standard needed in an official set?)

I'm not saying it's perfect junction but it's a good effort. Having played around with building my own Falcon I thought I could do a decent job of it.... then you end up rebuilding the corner dozens and dozens of times.

The trouble is I wanted a perfect junction like many others would, however, when you build your falcon the curved pieces used dictate that the corridor and canopy meet in a very particular way and you soon become very restricted in the solutions you have.

I'm really  looking forward to the release so that we can see the different mods and improvements made by everyone.

6 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Some of the micro fighters from the Han Solo film have leaked, 9 sets in total and 4 are micros, released in April.

Those two Mighty Micros shown are from Lasties, not Han Solo.

still cool though

18 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Is this awesome MF gonna be eligible for Lego VIP points ?

Has there ever been a set released that either you didn't receive points for or you couldn't use your VIP points on? 

BTW, I think we can discard the interior or even part of it. There is so much detail and a lot of more bricks only in the top round zone and the cockpit corridor to justify the 2000 bricks.

49 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Yes, but all the text is in chinese. The picture isn't watermarked, so I'll post this. I guess a mod could tell me to remove or something? 

*snip*

@BrickbyBrickTechnic - I've merged your thread with this, and removed the confidential image.  It does look very impressive though, and I'm almost certain that it's legit!  Hopefully we'll have official confirmation shortly, and some nice HD images to look at :classic:

2 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

BTW, I think we can discard the interior or even part of it. There is so much detail and a lot of more bricks only in the top round zone and the cockpit corridor to justify the 2000 bricks.

I agree. And furthermore, there is no sign on the picture of anything that can be "opened up". No hinges, buttons, or liftable parts etc.

At least from what I can see.

Edited by Bantha Fodder

41 minutes ago, NathanR said:

I dunno, they came pretty close to nailing it on the old one.  This is certainly an impressive model, and the greebling is amazing, but there's something about it I don't like, and I just can't put my finger on it.  Maybe it's the number of exposed studs, but parts of it don't look like a Lego model to me... 

Beneath the greebles, some of the main panelling looks the same as the old version, also the reuse of the light grey boat rigging for the engines.  Some parts have had a revamp like the curved walls for the cockpit and access corridor.  But I can see the greebles really eating up the piece count.  

For example, on the back the small triangular fins are brick built (more parts than the old one), the light grey levers are now binoculars + 2 light sabre blades + mounting stud.  The circular vents on the saucer are tiled with 1x2 grille pieces instead of the simple 6x6 webbed dish used on the original.  I could see maybe a thousand of the new pieces going on the extra greebles alone, or elements like the cockpit where a few angled plates now become dozens of curved bricks.  An interior would be fantastic, but is there going to be any parts budget left for this?  And could the internal frame be modified to allow any kind of interior? (I've seen Mocs that did this, but could it be done to the standard needed in an official set?)

Agree completely. While it is an impressive model, all I can see is the old model modded. The way most of the panels attach look the same as the old one (which weren't very solid, and prone to fall off).

I see lots of similarities to the old one.

For the suggested price, I would expect a new model, not a rehash.

I'm  hoping that it isn't the genuine model!!

6 minutes ago, jimmys said:

Agree completely. While it is an impressive model, all I can see is the old model modded. The way most of the panels attach look the same as the old one (which weren't very solid, and prone to fall off).

I see lots of similarities to the old one.

For the suggested price, I would expect a new model, not a rehash.

I'm  hoping that it isn't the genuine model!!

If you compare it to an image of the original model from the same angle (there is one floating around on Reddit) it is remarkably different, hardly anything is an exact copy.

I am so excited for this, the most expensive Lego set I've ever bought is the Helicarrier, and I never thought I'd be able to afford this, but its starting to look like I actually can!

I would be fine if this is a fake also. There are some pieces that are smaller in this set like those Exhaust Ports in the front. The Falcon does look like there were pieces swapped and added onto. So it could be a fake or real. Kind of wish the set had 8000 pieces instead though

7 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If you compare it to an image of the original model from the same angle (there is one floating around on Reddit) it is remarkably different, hardly anything is an exact copy.

I am so excited for this, the most expensive Lego set I've ever bought is the Helicarrier, and I never thought I'd be able to afford this, but its starting to look like I actually can!

I have a copy in front of me to compare!   

Agree it looks different, but it's all about the greebling!

From what I can see to compare, it looks like the sub structure is the same, and they've put a new 'skin' on it.  Also the shape of some of the panels look almost identical in shape, and the way they are fixed / located as the old one  

I would have liked to seen the structure changed to make it more solid (old model is very hard to man handle)

Still hoping it's a fake!

Edited by jimmys

The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that I'm pretty sure I can see some stickers on it - right above the docking rings on both sides

Some geekculture website posted a supposed picture of the new ucs MF. Looks kinda legit, except the number of pieces which is not the one announced in the last teaser: 7500 against 7541

what do you guys think? 

Edited by G59

48 minutes ago, Lobot said:

@BrickbyBrickTechnic - I've merged your thread with this, and removed the confidential image.  It does look very impressive though, and I'm almost certain that it's legit!  Hopefully we'll have official confirmation shortly, and some nice HD images to look at :classic:

Great! Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that I'm pretty sure I can see some stickers on it - right above the docking rings on both sides

I've scrutinised the highest quality image that I've found of it, but can't see what you're referring to - unless it's the '2 x 2 with Grille Fine Mesh Pattern' (link)?  Admittedly the lighting is a bit odd, and my eyesight isn't what it once was, so apologies if I'm missing something!  However, on something of this quality I doubt that they'll use stickers to any sort of extent; but being pragmatic a few scattered across a set of this size will be totally insignificant!  10179 had a couple for the cockpit, and I don't recall seeing a single negative comment about them....  

This is an exceptional set, and I'm sure it will be a very popular amongst SW fans - it's a worthy successor of the original :wub:

The bottom part of the supposed leak has all of the same plates as the last version, at least in the back of the ship. If this was a new UCS Millennium Falcon and all of the plates were changed a bit on top then why not the bottom?

I keep going back to the rigging... There have been so many creative solutions that look better than phoning it in with the same rigging. Also the rings have noticeable gaps to accommodate the grille corners. I know I am being picky but its also not a cheap set... If this is someones MOC they have done a great job keeping it under wraps. If I had built this everyone would know!

Edited by neoconagenda
added content

37 minutes ago, G59 said:

Some geekculture website posted a supposed picture of the new ucs MF. Looks kinda legit, except the number of pieces which is not the one announced in the last teaser: 7500 against 7541

what do you guys think? 

I think you are a few hours late.