Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

The First Order Heavy Assault Walker(FO-HAW? can that be the unofficial abbreviation? regardless I'm calling it that from now on lol) looks awesome! I was really not expecting the asymmetry though. I wasn't able to afford the previous AT-ATs but now that I can I don't think I can pass this one up. I really like how they've updated the design overall with the shaping of the back section, the thicker, sturdier, saw-edged front legs, the inward bent knees(I don't think MandRproductions realized they are supposed to be bent inward as he has it like an AT-AT), the top mounted cannon, the Bombay(?) in the back, the (reported) faster movement speed, the darker grey with red windows, etc. It really does look like a gorilla, almost like a Zoid as a matter of fact but I think LEGO did an excellent job with the design. I do wish there was more usable space on the interior than there is but at least you can store a couple troopers and some ammo and I love the turret aiming function and the poseabillity of the neck. I do wish the side panels on the head were more firmly connected and the neck wasn't quite so loose but those are minor complaints overall. The figure selection is okay, though I really would've liked another Stormtrooper or Walker Driver . I really like the design of the Walker Driver.

Edited by ToaDraco

I hope the new UCS Millennium Falcon will stay as thelargest LEGO set ever, I can't really see another set top the piece count.

I'd think they will get to 10k sets eventually.

Also I disagree with most's obsession with size. As was often pointed out, the trend is towards higher piece count smaller sets. Details/interior is more important than sheer size.

I sure hope we won't get a 4ft unfinished MF.

1 hour ago, Crzypengu said:

I hope the new UCS Millennium Falcon will stay as thelargest LEGO set ever, I can't really see another set top the piece count.

If that end up being the case it better have a very long production cycle like the death star

Is this $800 price tag confirmed or only rumoured? That would give it over 10c per piece. Surely for these larger sets they will aim to give a lower price per piece like in that new ninjago city set. Even the old Falcon was 9.6c per piece. In an ideal world it will be nearer $700 but maybe $750 for 10c pr piece. I would start to get a bit iffy on buying if it were over 10c per piece.

I was also wondering if Lego could make a minifig scale millennium falcon. Skip to the results bit if you don't want to check my working. So I did some calculations:

The real Falcons length is 34.75meters in length.
The average width of a person (shoulder to shoulder) is 18 inches (0.4572m)
Therefore you can fit a person roughly 76 times along the Falcons length.

To translate this to a Lego minifigure we will use feet (take up 2 studs). I know this is not the same as a shoulder width and therefore the minifigure scale falcon estimate will be a bit bigger than it should be.
For it to be scale, as previously calculated, a minifigure/person should fit along the length 76 times. Sine a minifigures legs fir allong 2 studs then it is (76 x 2 = 152 studs across)

Results
So for this new falcon it should be 152 studs in length to be minifigure scale.
I found on brickapidia that a square 1 x 1 plate with 1 stud in the middle (duh) is 8mm.
That would be (152 x 8 = 1276mm length or 127.6cm)
The last falcon was 84cm long
So to get it to scale it must be 1.5 x the size of the last falcon to get it to scale.

That would mean it should have 7675 pieces to be minifigure scale.
Minifig scale = 7675
Actual = 7541
Remember though, it doesn't take 1.5x as many pieces to make something 1.5x as bigger. You can just use bigger planks for example.
Also remember that my minifigure estimate is slightly bigger than the actual to scale one, so the minifigure one would be maybe 1 or 2 studs smaller than I am estimating.

So in theory you could have a roundabout minifigure scale falcon with maybe a small but detailed interior space for that amount of pieces, it would be a squeeze but it could be done.
Edited by Meerkat7799

The minifigs are not anatomically correct so the scale of 1/55 you are describing could be discussed. Usually, the used scaled is somewhere between 1/43 and 1/47. Also the set has a volume so if length is 1,5x, then height is 1,5x and width is 1,5x so part count would be  3,375x. 

Wait and see, 9 days to go !

1/43 is the scale of the DeAgostini model shown above (and also the original smaller filming prop), which is virtually the same size as the original UCS Falcon (I think the UCS Falcon is a couple of centimetres longer), so that would make it minifigure scale.

"Minifigure scale" is a very loose term that really boils down to "designed to be used with minifigures". It therefore includes not only 7190, 4504, and 75105, but also both the classic 10179 UCS and the 75030 Microfighter, but not either the various minis nor even the 7778 Midi-scale, even though the latter's size falls into the range encompassed by the Minifigure scale Millennium Falcon sets listed above.

And if you think that's ridiculous, it certainly is, but no more so than anything else involved in trying to wrangle true scales out of a line centered around simulacrums of human beings with flat-faced trapezoidal torsos, propane tank-shaped heads, and virtually square feet only marginally longer than ankle thickness. So there.

:tongue: :grin: :yoda:

I'm still not convinced that's legit. I'm not familiar with everyone's MOC of the Falcon to make comparisons with them.

The bley rigging still being in place is something that throws me off it. I'd have thought they'd have changed that.

I would be incredibly surprised if it were just another fake. I mean, the quality of the ad, the side pods matching what we saw in last week's teaser and the overall new design (it doesn't look like any MF MOC we've seen) indicate it very probably being the real thing!

10 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I'm still not convinced that's legit. I'm not familiar with everyone's MOC of the Falcon to make comparisons with them.

The bley rigging still being in place is something that throws me off it. I'd have thought they'd have changed that.

Exactly this! I have seen this picture earlier this year and the riggings really made me doubt the legitimacy. Seems like a cop out.

And what about the new canopy piece?

Would it be too far fetched to think this might be a diversion instead of the real thing.

Maybe. But it would be really cool if it was something like this, with partial interior.

Looking at it, it does seem strange it still has the rigging for engines but then again why not use them if it will take another 500pcs to do the same job? Plus seems like a new element for the docking rings and outlines of the engine exhausts?

Just now, analogkid81 said:

If you look at the back near the engines the top piece looks separate from the body. Maybe it is removable?

removable or can just flip up ?