Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

47 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

The new MF has 2346 more bricks than the old (7541 vs 5194)

If the scale of the ship stays the same, I can't understand how it's possible to use more 2356 more bricks on just better detailing on the exterior. Even if we count in extra bricks for more minifigs and two radar-dishes, and/or sturdier internal frame, I don't find this likely. 

IMO it is more likely that the new MF a): Will have a (limited) interior, or b): Will be somewhat bigger in scale.

Maybe someone here with sources on "the inside" could give us a little hint?...

And the funny thing is that, actually, the new one is slighty smaller than the old one (the cockpit is 10x10 instead of 12x12 and the cilinders at the sides are 8x8 instead of 12x12).

Edited by hachiroku

2 hours ago, doclord said:

In non-MF related news, a Heavy Assault Walker review should be out today or tomorrow, as well as a Resistance Bomber review.

well I am waiting for them too, but in this MF madness here, you will not get any answer I am afraid

4 hours ago, jnd2k3 said:

I picked up three from ToysRUs online a little over a week ago.

You think we would be able to do the same with the shore trooper polybags?

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

You think we would be able to do the same with the shore trooper polybags?

I'm guessing not, if they're available only from LEGO itself. Toys 'R' Us often sells polybags and whatnot on its own that it also gives away as GWP, but if LEGO itself offers one as a GWP, then it's almost always the only way it offers it - they seldom sell them on their own.

How many of these minifigures are being offered? So far I know of just R3-M2 at TRU and the shore trooper at LEGO, but it seems like something they could easily do a slew of.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
correction

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

And the funny thing is that, actually, the new one is slighty smaller than the old one (the cockpit is 10x10 instead of 12x12 and the cilinders at the sides are 8x8 instead of 12x12).

Actually it could be the same size as the last one. As you can see with this article it shows how accurate 10179 was with the movie version of the model. There are some pieces that are too big or too small when compared between the two. If the new UCS Millennium Falcon is smaller this time then hopefully it will be a change so small that it would be hard to notice.

That's a mammoth amount of parts, and explains the rumoured RRP :look:

This is going to be a serious set, and I can't wait to order one!  It will be interesting to see where the extra elements are used (e.g. larger dimensions, additional greebling, partial interior, display frame etc - or combination of them).  Personally, I'd be surprised if they've all been used for the greebling but time will tell; even if the majority are small, the weight is going to be very substantial indeed.  I'm not sure if the colour choices in the Facebook teaser are some sort of hint; that's a lot of Tan!  There's just a chance it could include a partial Docking Bay 94 from Episode IV, although the rumoured selection of minifigures doesn't seem to support that....

It's going to be a lengthy two weeks; I just hope that the website doesn't implode on 14th September! 

It's unfortunate to see the amount of people slating this set for the price before we've even seen the set - those complaining that "$700-$800" is far too much to spend in one go and referring to Lego as "money-hungry" are really frustrating to me (Ive seen many of this on Brickset, can't keep up with forum to see ?) as as an avid fan of Lego, this price doesn't startle me with many friends with other hobbies (like cars) spending this sort of money on a single car part to feed their obsession. It worries me as this negative press may influence Lego to shy away from sets with thousands of pieces later on, sets which can truly capture the essence of a ship properly, with some excellent mocs coming in at around 10'000 pieces which I feel  isn't so unviable for Lego to consider in the future 

I'm new to the Star Wars forums since I don't like the movies but I do enjoy the Lego sets. I'm excited to see the Falcon, since I know it's a popular set that people have been wanting a rerelease of. I'm glad it's not another Death Star situation! $800 is absolutely crazy, though. I'd buy it if I had the money but I never thought Lego would release a set at that price point. I'm also kind of sad that it's bumping the Taj Mahal down to the second biggest set, but I think it's funny how they kind of leapfrogged 6,000 piece sets and jumped straight to 7,500. Hopefully Force Friday has some good deals, because there are some sets I want on sale and maybe stuff I could get someone for their birthday. 

There's frankly too much unknown at this point. It is going to be a splendid set, deserving of the attention to detail Lego is giving. The trickle of weekly announcements has also been fun! I'm comfortable with whatever price, I'll pick this up as soon as it's available to VIP members! There's a lot left this year, too, with The Last Jedi, and I'll definitely be taking advantage of Force Friday Double VIP points! lol

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Not really. We now have a definite piece count and a clear image of some of the parts included in the set.

Well we already knew approximate the piece count and I would say it's highly unlikely that those pieces are included, what I can se it's almost only 4x2 bricks 

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Well we already knew approximate the piece count and I would say it's highly unlikely that those pieces are included, what I can se it's almost only 4x2 bricks 

You're right. I think they just included 7541 2x4 bricks to illustrate the piece count. Anyway, it ends a small part of the speculation, which downgrades my migraine to a minor headache.

I know this is a bit random, but is the "Sandspeeder" rumor still a thing? I only ask because we haven't heard anything about it for a while. Is it still rumored to come out in December? That would make sense, since it wasn't in the recently leaked 2018 catalog (it's set number wasn't one of the blank boxes). Also, the Garmadon, Garmadon, Garmadon set from TLNM wasn't in the catalog, and it releases in December.

What is the guess for the UK price for the MF? I know the estimate for the US is $700/800, I'm thinking that would make it £600/700 over here?

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm new to the Star Wars forums since I don't like the movies but I do enjoy the Lego sets. I'm excited to see the Falcon, since I know it's a popular set that people have been wanting a rerelease of. I'm glad it's not another Death Star situation! $800 is absolutely crazy, though. I'd buy it if I had the money but I never thought Lego would release a set at that price point. I'm also kind of sad that it's bumping the Taj Mahal down to the second biggest set, but I think it's funny how they kind of leapfrogged 6,000 piece sets and jumped straight to 7,500. Hopefully Force Friday has some good deals, because there are some sets I want on sale and maybe stuff I could get someone for their birthday. 

We'll probably get 6000 piece sets in time. Remember, they leaped straight from 3000-5000 and we didn't get a 4000 piece set until 2010 with the tower bridge. Nowadays we've got absolute tons of 4000 piece sets

Yeaaah with that piece count I would think they'd NOT have an interior besides the cockpit's tiny area. I'm fine with that. I guess conceivably it could have maybe ONE room like where they usually hang out (with the chess and stuff) but I'm heavily doubting it.

I'll also doubt a really specifically detailed underbelly simply because 99.9% of people who will be displaying this won't be displaying it in any way that shows the underside. And it's so huge it would be difficult to do that! 

I'm 100% okay if it's just the outside like the Slave 1. I'm 100% okay if the underbelly isn't detailed at all. As long as it's minifigure scale and awesome I'll love it!

MandRproductions has a review of the Heavy Assault Walker up (finally). I like the look of it, especially with the head to the side.

3 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

We'll probably get 6000 piece sets in time. Remember, they leaped straight from 3000-5000 and we didn't get a 4000 piece set until 2010 with the tower bridge. Nowadays we've got absolute tons of 4000 piece sets

I didn't realize they had gone straight from 3,000 to 5,000. I think the new huge sets Lego releases each year are absolutely stunning. 

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

this weeks teaser was very very lame

I kinda get what you mean, but what else were they going to do without giving away any actual image of it? I think it was a good 'teaser' as it put a solid confirmation to remove all doubt of the amount of parts in the set. 

What  I am thinking now... Is that while Lego is still ultimately a kids toy, they are fully branching out and tapping into into what they feel is a market aimed at adults. This size isn't really much of a toy. Building experience? Sure, but after that? It'll just be a display piece. One that *most* parents would not be willing to/could not afford to splash out on for their kid. Sure there is guaranteed to be some, but let's be realistic, the price will be well beyond a normal working class kids birthday and Christmas present, even if put together. But they know there will be adults more willing to buy one for themselves, perhaps using their kids as a helpful excuse to buy it, or just those that want it for themselves, adults without kids and more disposable income etc. 

This isn't just a kids toy anymore, it really has moved into the 'highly sophisticated interlocking brick system' with this set. 

3 hours ago, doclord said:

MandRproductions has a review of the Heavy Assault Walker up (finally). I like the look of it, especially with the head to the side.

Well finally. At this point though, force Friday is around the corner and reviews are bound to pour in soon. The previous waves also had some of the sets reviewed quite early.

Edited by SCREDEYE

5 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

Yeah, i saw a list with the ten biggest LEGO sets of all time and six of them were released in the last 12-18 months.

So there is clearly a trend to size!