Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Just 2 weeks left and then we can finally go back to normal. 

Define normal? :tongue:

Edited by Mooste

Just now, Mooste said:

define normal? :P

:laugh:

But looking forward to this one. At first I didn't even care, but all this teasing has got me really excited. 

12 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

:laugh:

But looking forward to this one. At first I didn't even care, but all this teasing has got me really excited. 

Kinda a must have for a UCS collector. :wink:

Edited by Mooste

Well, 7,541 pieces is not something to take lightly.

I'm guessing $849.99 usd.

@hachiroku you beat me by 30 seconds!;)

Edited by Aggron44

8 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'm going to stick with the previously shown picture price point of $799, everything else is just guessing so far. 

That's what I'm hearing (well, "$800" - obviously rounded from $799.99) from LEGO employees.

That's very much in line with what one might expect for a 7541-piece Star Wars set, IMO.

In non-MF related news, a Heavy Assault Walker review should be out today or tomorrow, as well as a Resistance Bomber review.

So, no interior? We knew that, but still. Can't add an interior with 2,000 more bricks - well - not at UCS level.

Partial interior though? Maybe, unless it's grebbling gone mad!

2 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

So, no interior? We knew that, but still. Can't add an interior with 2,000 more bricks - well - not at UCS level.

Why no interior? Who said that?

I'm expecting an interior. Not a full interior but only the main room (with the computer, the maintenance hatch, the dejarik table, etc...). Actually, all of the interior is "expanded universe", the only interior we see in the movies is that room and the left corridor.

EDIT: Like the deAgostini Falcon:

f9cea08352808cf6d2bd58b5426dd7a2.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

I suspect if there is an interior it will be limited, I have a non-Lego Falcon model that is almost exactly the same size as the original UCS Falcon and the interior of that consists of just one main room containing the most famous features like the rounded sofa, nav computer and Dejarik table (which is about 5" by 6") and a few short sections of corridor leading off of that, with a removable panel on top for access. Seems like something similar to that could be done fairly easily with just a few hundred pieces. It's not like you really see much of the interior in any of the films beyond that.

edit - And while I was typing, a picture of exactly the model I was talking about has been posted!

Edited by Tavis75

If they use 

1 hour ago, Mooste said:

I hope the UCS MF will not be a Minecraft version one with a fairly limited color palette and those pieces are just on top to hide the real MF. With that many pieces, an interior is still possible, maybe not a complete one, but at least those sections that are seen in the movies. 

Edited by dvogon
Yes, the same idea of the two previous posts! The picture is the perfect one.

Just now, dvogon said:

If they use 

I hope the UCS MF will not be a Minecraft version one with a fairly limited color palette and those pieces are just on top to hide the real MF. With that many pieces, an interior is still possible, maybe not a complete one, but at least those sections that are seen in the movies. 

I think it is to show the difference in parts between the 10189 Taj Mahal (tan) and the new MF (Dark Grey).

Just now, Mooste said:

I think it is to show the difference in parts between the 10189 Taj Mahal (tan) and the new MF (Dark Grey).

Yep, that could be the intention as well. Although volume comparisons using 2x4 bricks instead of the real ones would be objectively misleading, unless the proportions of both pieces sets were roughly the same (volume wise), i.e similar proportions of small and big pieces... or they were comparing Minecraft versions of Taj Mahal and MF ;)

1 hour ago, DrasticPlastic said:

The new MF has 2346 more bricks than the old (7541 vs 5194)

If the scale of the ship stays the same, I can't understand how it's possible to use more 2356 more bricks on just better detailing on the exterior. Even if we count in extra bricks for more minifigs and two radar-dishes, and/or sturdier internal frame, I don't find this likely. 

IMO it is more likely that the new MF a): Will have a (limited) interior, or b): Will be somewhat bigger in scale.

Maybe someone here with sources on "the inside" could give us a little hint?...

Just now, Bantha Fodder said:

The new MF has 2346 more bricks than the old (7541 vs 5194)

If the scale of the ship stays the same, I can't understand how it's possible to use more 2356 more bricks on just better detailing on the exterior. Even if we count in extra bricks for more minifigs and two radar-dishes, and/or sturdier internal frame, I don't find this likely. 

IMO it is more likely that the new MF a): Will have a (limited) interior, or b): Will be somewhat bigger in scale.

Maybe someone here with sources on "the inside" could give us a little hint?...

The original UCS MF did not have a finished underside, nor a stand... so the new model could easily chew up an additional 2000 pieces without an interior. And as we saw with the current A-Wing versus the model released several years ago, it's entirely possible to substantially increase the number of pieces without increasing the overall size... LEGO tends to favor smaller pieces now, which increases the piece count but not the dimensions.

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

The original UCS MF did not have a finished underside, nor a stand... so the new model could easily chew up an additional 2000 pieces without an interior. And as we saw with the current A-Wing versus the model released several years ago, it's entirely possible to substantially increase the number of pieces without increasing the overall size... LEGO tends to favor smaller pieces now, which increases the piece count but not the dimensions.

This is my take on the extra pieces. I think we will either see a detailed underside added or a limited interior. Not both.

The number of bricks for this new MF is almost the same as MBs (slightly smaller than 10179) version. If it looks sa good as MBs version, I will be a happy builder!

18 minutes ago, G59 said:

MF with interior and jakku landscape ?

Nobody has said that before. A landscape would definitely bump up the piece count.