Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:59 AM, Deathstroke77 said:

Is it possible for you to post an image of said flyer? This sounds awesome!

Here are photos of the front and back of the flyer that I got in the mail (u.s.)

y4mpZeXflbUqAUrBEKGTrXe5oLvTGlm8OHGqfoAP

y4m-ouVbAm99jAhagutU_rgG-lsGhYF9xDLPH8xJ

The strange thing is that the "free poster" image shows three gray boxes... I'm curious if you get "one of three exclusive posters."

It also says that the Force Friday II sales are from September 1-3. Maybe you get a different poster each day (1st, 2nd, 3rd)...

22 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

And this is why we don't like fake info...as it can easily be construed as true, even though most of us know it isn't. The general public though, they do not.

And Wayne Manor will be out same time as the Aluminum Falcon.

Is wayne manor the other october 2017 d2c set with the new ucs falcon or is it a winter village set?

D2C is all I know for sure, rumor I heard...was it was GBHQ scale. Ok, now I'm guilty...BACK ON TOPIC!

14 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

D2C is all I know for sure, rumor I heard...was it was GBHQ scale. Ok, now I'm guilty...BACK ON TOPIC!

Thank you for info.

Sorry (or not) to go back to yesterday's news (or non-news), but the retail poster from Taiwan was possibly stating the availability of the set at that particular department store, not the original D2C release.

It seems early to me, but I don't know how UCS sets (or any Lego, for that matter) are released in Taiwan... certainly in Australia it is different from Europe & US, since we don't have Lego brand stores.

4 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I know this is off topic i am just a little confused.  Are you saying we are getting the MF and Wayne Manor this year? And the Wayne Manor is going to be the size of GBHQ? 

I found a YouTube review of the FO star destroyer (I won't link it here for reasons...) and I am really glad that they bother to give it a decent interior.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
Not new info

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I found a YouTube review of the FO star destroyer (I won't link it here for reasons...) and I am really glad that they bother to give it a decent interior.

Yeah I saw the video too but I'm a bit confused, the interior looks like a mess... many parts of different colors and it's tough to properly see the structure

18 minutes ago, G59 said:

Yeah I saw the video too but I'm a bit confused, the interior looks like a mess... many parts of different colors and it's tough to properly see the structure

I think the actual 'interior' is fine...but the side flaps are a crazy mix of colours, very odd!

19 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

I think the actual 'interior' is fine...but the side flaps are a crazy mix of colours, very odd!

Yes, this is something I never understand. If a piece is going to be hidden and it helps to have less errors building, that's ok, but when the piece is going to be seen... just don't get it. With the sides open they give an unfinished look, quite the opposite of the external look. And then there are those red pin connectors... why insist lego on using that color in the destroyers when black would be much better?

Wow, a lot of offers for Star Wars stuff on Force Friday II. I'm defnitely gonna buy something, but I might see what else they discount before deciding if I'll splash out on the TLJ sets or older ones. I'm looking forward to receiving some double VIP points, and it's great they're finally releasing that Shoretrooper... I'm curious as to how many figures will be in this little minifigure series. I'm also curious as to what the poster will look like... probably something TLJ themed, I assume.

Also, the TIE doesn't look as great in my opinion, after seeing reviews of it, but it still looks like a pretty solid set. Figures are quite bland though, in my opinion. For anyone who bagged Kylo Ren from the TFA sets, they probably won't see this new variant as much of a big deal. Obviously we don't really know where this ship will appear in the movie, but it could've benefitted from having maybe Rey, Phasma or even Luke in there, even if it didn't necessarily fit with the set itself, it's not like they haven't done that before (Hux with Kylo's Shuttle, K2, Bodhi and Pao in Krennic's Shuttle...). The Destroyer looks great though, I'll definitely pick it up. Has a great interior, but the figure selection is a bit lacking. Like with Kylo's TIE, I think they should've thrown another big name in there to spice up the line-up a bit, though Snoke is definitely the big deal, probably out of all the figures in the Force Friday II wave.

I saw the review of the Finalizer, and unlike the guy reviewing it, I don't like that set very much at all. I think the outside looks great, aside from stud shooter guns that don't rotate, and the flat bottom... but my god, the inside just looks terrible with the undersides of all those randomly colored plates on the panels, and exposed technic bricks and studs by the barrel. The actual built-up interior parts you're supposed to see do look fine, except for the elevator, but their surroundings are so butt-ugly it kind of ruins the effect. It really irks me that the interior space, the main part of this intended to be played in, is so unfinished-looking and has so little in the way of actual play features (the elevator and stud shooters on the outside? That's all?) for a set as expensive as that one/

Any guess regarding the next Tuesday release, except maybe a pic of the box itself?

Edited by G59

14 minutes ago, G59 said:

Any guess regarding the next Tuesday release, except maybe a pic of the box itself?

My guess would be either a zoomed in / close up shot of a specific part of the Falcon, or a silhouette of it (similar to the Minecraft Mountain Cave set). They might even reveal one of the minifigures. I doubt they'd reveal the box, since the full reveal is on September 1st.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

Just popped into my local lego store and while fiddling with the ninjago city (which is amazing) on the counter, the assistant manager asked if I would be buying it. I casually said I was saving my money for the "millennium falcon in a couple of weeks". He gasped incredulously and said he didn't have any idea what I was talking about with a broad grin on his face. When paying he asked if I wanted to use my points or if "I was saving them for something special in a couple of weeks" wink wink. He would not be pushed on the matter!

Lol!

so any ideas on tomorrow's "leak"?

and I see that's already been asked. Nvm then.

Edited by Aggron44

If someone told me yesterday that we'd see 2018 sets before we saw the falcon, I wouldn't believe them. I wonder what sort of security measures they have in place for it. Hopefully the instruction manual talks about it (unlikely considering that it's probably already been produced, but hey we might find out eventually)

On 8/4/2017 at 10:19 PM, Nokturn said:

You missed my point entirely. I never said that nobody could afford it, and quite frankly I think it's pretty rude to act as if $600+ is a trivial amount of money. Anyway, my point was that TLG should reveal the sets earlier so that everyone has time to plan their purchases and save up the money, which I'd imagine a very large chunk of people need to do in order to ever be able to afford something like an entire wave of sets or the Falcon. LEGO sets are incredibly expensive and their target market covers a wide range of people with different financial situations.

Given that the set is releasing around the holiday season and that TLC will have had roughly a decades worth of market research since the last UCS Millennium Falcon, I don't think they're too worried about it sitting on shelves. When it comes to these sort of pricy D2C sets, I highly doubt the target market is the same as that of your average retail set.

be nice to get more scarif troopers presumably they will end up for sale too like R3M2 appears to be now in U.K Lego shops

Edited by roadstermatt

33 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

be nice to get more scarif troopers presumably they will end up for sale too like R3M2 appears to be now in U.K Lego shops

Can you buy those R3M2 styled polybags separately? 

4 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Can you buy those R3M2 styled polybags separately? 

I picked up three from ToysRUs online a little over a week ago.