Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

37 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Nice. Will you put some reviews up in the coming days or will you wait until their official release to upload them?

I'll put 'em up as soon as I can review them. LEGALLY it should be okay. I'm reviewing a product that has been officially released by Toys"R"Us.

24 minutes ago, Tidy said:

tad bit jealous ... ;-]

which 3 ???

Pod, TIE, Bomber

17 hours ago, BrickG said:

I think the most obvious thing in terms of scale is the cockpit. I think the cockpit NEEDS to be able to fit four minifigures just like in the movies. If it's big enough to do that I'll be happy enough. I would hope they'd do that!

The cockpit actually serves to illustrate the biggest issue with scaling.  Minifigs are chunky.  Comfortably sitting four of them is a challenge in the proper stud-based scale.  It looks like MB might just barely have been able to squeeze four into his. 

1 hour ago, just2good said:

I'll put 'em up as soon as I can review them. LEGALLY it should be okay. I'm reviewing a product that has been officially released by Toys"R"Us.

Pod, TIE, Bomber

Nice, look forward to your reviews. Can't want to see that TIE up close.

18 hours ago, BrickG said:

I think the most obvious thing in terms of scale is the cockpit. I think the cockpit NEEDS to be able to fit four minifigures just like in the movies. If it's big enough to do that I'll be happy enough. I would hope they'd do that!

10179 cockpit only needs to be extended by two studs to be able to fit 4 seats in. It shouldn't be any kind of an issue for LEGO to do it with a new assembly.

7 hours ago, Tidy said:

a. nothing is "official".

b. your US prices are incorrect for 75187, 75188, 75189 and 75190. add $10

i posted the US prices taken from walmart's inventory system that lists their price as well as MSRP.

A. That is not the point, nor the purpose of the answer.

B. Nope. These are the USD prices that were extrapolated from this article on Promobricks. They weren't certain, but they were realistically as accurate as we could get as per previous trends. I'm pretty certain that Walmart is not reliable enough here.

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Your EU prices are at the correct round off but where did you get the GBP prices from? Afaik only EU, US (not your US prices) and I believe the polish currency have been found. Currency conversion does not count as some sets are prices differently between regions (see phantom 2 for example).

Also is the TIE pilot really cheaper than every other constraction? Why is that so? 

So, the GBP prices were speculative; my apologies for not indicating as much. I didn't simply convert currencies, because that would be dumb, but I extrapolated off of previous trends. The initial post has been edited. And yeah, the TIE Pilot is cheaper. He has no printed parts excepting his head mold, and he's an unrecognizable character who's mostly black. For quite a while, 20 USD was the default price for SWC figures; however, TLG decided to hike it up to 25 in the last year for whatever reason.

Edited by Azani

45 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

The cockpit actually serves to illustrate the biggest issue with scaling.  Minifigs are chunky.  Comfortably sitting four of them is a challenge in the proper stud-based scale.  It looks like MB might just barely have been able to squeeze four into his. 

I remember seeing 4 figs in the TFA MF, so if it can be done at that scale it can defo be done with this one.

2 hours ago, just2good said:

Pod, TIE, Bomber

Do share links. The bomber is the only set I'm interested in so I would like to see if it has something that justifies its price.

36 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

I remember seeing 4 figs in the TFA MF, so if it can be done at that scale it can defo be done with this one.

I wish the Falcon could be done in scale as the one in Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens Videogame, however we wouldn't be getting an interior if that happened because the set will have to be bigger to reach the supposed 7500 piece set. Also I am talking about the cockpit interior seen in the game not the old UCS Falcon and TFA Millennium Falcon set seen in the cutscenes.

2 hours ago, Azani said:

A. That is not the point, nor the purpose of the answer.

B. Nope. These are the USD prices that were extrapolated from this article on Promobricks. They weren't certain, but they were realistically as accurate as we could get as per previous trends. I'm pretty certain that Walmart is not reliable enough here.

and i'm pretty certain you're wrong [actually i know that you and the extrapolation are wrong], but you'll believe what you'll believe. i guess in two weeks you can say sorry.

oh and that link, their piece count for the bomber is wrong, it is actually 780 as printed on the front of the us box, of which i am looking at the pictures of right now. =]]

2 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Yup! I made that sometime ago for my children using set 7965 just with four width studs, the new UCS MF has 6 studs + 2 at both sides, as shown in the last teaser, so it should have plenty of space there... 

A bit tight and a slighter longer cockpit but more than enough for them to play with :)

7965 MF.jpg

5 hours ago, just2good said:

Pod, TIE, Bomber

I thought you did not care for Kylo's tie.

Can we drop the issue of pricing? Both of them are estimates as NONE have been officially announced by TLG yet so neither of you can guarantee who's is right just yet, REGARDLESS of who ends up being right. Its just nice having a ballpark figure, so leave it at that. 

Just2good, I look forward to seeing your review on the bomber as I'm sure the large price is due to the many large parts included and the figs, but it would be nice to see a decent review so I can justify to myself why I'm getting yet another set after having said 'no more' :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders
Misspelt just2good's name!

Itching to see Kylo's bomber video review myself. I'm concerned that it looks too big for display with First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter 75101. 

I have Vader's TIE from 75150-1 (vs A Wing) flanked by two custom OT TIEs based on the build of 75101. The proportions are great. The early images and box art from Kylo's bomber just looks ridiculously big - like somehow larger than the build of Kylo's shuttle. I hope I am wrong and they they look good displayed with the FO TIEs. 

Does anyone know if TLG sends takedown notices to people reviewing pre-Force Friday Lego on YouTube? I can't remember if this happened for The Force Awakens or Rogue One. Hopefully not. Bring on the early reviews. 

4 hours ago, darththeling said:

Does anyone know if TLG sends takedown notices to people reviewing pre-Force Friday Lego on YouTube? I can't remember if this happened for The Force Awakens or Rogue One. Hopefully not. Bring on the early reviews. 

As far as I know, they do not; I've seen a few high-profile YouTubers do it with no apparent consequences. That said, there might not be enough data to really say.

Edited by Azani

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I did get a flyer here in the u.s. indicating not only a Scarif trooper with a $50 purchase, but a free poster with any Lego Star Wars purchase. I've been hoping for a "Rogue One" themed poster to match the previous ones from a couple years ago... hopefully this is it!

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

and i'm pretty certain you're wrong [actually i know that you and the extrapolation are wrong], but you'll believe what you'll believe. i guess in two weeks you can say sorry.

oh and that link, their piece count for the bomber is wrong, it is actually 780 as printed on the front of the us box, of which i am looking at the pictures of right now. =]]

This may sound surprising, but I listed "780 pc" as the piece count for the Bomber in my list. Crazy, right?

8 hours ago, darththeling said:

Itching to see Kylo's bomber video review myself. I'm concerned that it looks too big for display with First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter 75101. 

I have Vader's TIE from 75150-1 (vs A Wing) flanked by two custom OT TIEs based on the build of 75101. The proportions are great. The early images and box art from Kylo's bomber just looks ridiculously big - like somehow larger than the build of Kylo's shuttle. I hope I am wrong and they they look good displayed with the FO TIEs.

I don't think the fighter is actually as big as it looks, I think it's just the long, Interceptor-esque wings that make it look big. Krennic's Shuttle is a similar case, without those huge, folding wings the actual core of the model is really quite small.

6 hours ago, thorin said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I did get a flyer here in the u.s. indicating not only a Scarif trooper with a $50 purchase, but a free poster with any Lego Star Wars purchase. I've been hoping for a "Rogue One" themed poster to match the previous ones from a couple years ago... hopefully this is it!

Is it possible for you to post an image of said flyer? This sounds awesome!

15 hours ago, just2good said:

Pod, TIE, Bomber

Cool! Could I request pictures (size comparison) of the TIE when you're done with the review? :classic:

9 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Cool! Could I request pictures (size comparison) of the TIE when you're done with the review? :classic:

He's got videos on his YT channel. The TIE fighter seems to be quite small and imo it doesn't look very good unless you look at it from afar.

Really?  Still arguing about prices between who is right and who is wrong?  Maybe because they aren't 100% official until they show up on a shelf would be a good sign...but I guess not.  Apparently a few of you have decided not to listen to me, so that's cool.  I'll stop talking;  I'll just react now.  Maybe a few of you will learn how to behave and follow the rules in here now.

Never thought I'd contribute something to this ridiculous UCS debates:
A Youtuber has some of TLJ sets early & showed a picture of a UCS Falcon, stating it's the new one. Just had a look at it for half a second, but it maybe just the old one, since other old UCS sets are among it (instruction manuals).

17 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Never thought I'd contribute something to this ridiculous UCS debates:
A Youtuber has some of TLJ sets early & showed a picture of a UCS Falcon, stating it's the new one. Just had a look at it for half a second, but it maybe just the old one, since other old UCS sets are among it (instruction manuals).

Could you share a link to the video? Thanks