Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

There are some interesting bits in the teaser, yes everyone got the bb8 but there is more (it's speculation obviously) but I am trained for Falcon bits and pieces ;)

36199581010_132ec698ff_z_d.jpg

Top right corner: maybe the new cockpit piece?

Close to bb8 on the left, the brickbuild circular part: I`m betting this is one of the six exhaust vents on the back of the Falcon, why? Because I`ve tried several designs for my Falcon MOC and this build with the new quarter round tiles (tile, round 27507) could allow a more detailed solution, at a slightly bigger scale. 

36596147085_db1508ac35_z_d.jpg

The old "dish element with openings" close to bb8 on the right, will be used for the top window of the turret (similar to the old UCS Falcon)

This ladies and gentlemen is the base construction/core of the cockpit, there are computer panels on the back wall of the cockpit visible (tile decorated 3069bps1). They are using a similar technique as used for the Saturn 5 set for the cylindrical part of the cockpit, rounded slopes are visible in the right corner and flying on the left side, ready to connect. The new canopy pieces will perfectly fit to the studs pointing forward.

35786592303_5b8f0bd559_z_d.jpg

In the last frame, there is the docking ring visible in the lower center of the frame (quite a similar build as used in my model)

36596147965_b92b0c3e90_z_d.jpg

This is really exciting guys! I`m sure we will get a big improvement over the old design.

Edited by marshal-banana

So who wants to count all the elements floating around in the video to get a preliminary piece count? :grin:

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think this pretty much confirms what many of us have been thinking. This will be the largest set ever... unless it refers to the winter village.

(bolding added for emphasis)

Wait, what?!

The docking rings are 8x8, which is way more smaller than in the 10179 (12x12). I'm expecting a smaller model but more detailed, something close to yours @marshal-banana

BTW, I think we can see the bottom part here:

LbZxoh5.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

Couple of things I noticed (none relating to the MF)

1) The Canto Bight Police have a helmet uncannily similar to that in model of the black helmeted crewman from the First Order Star Destroyer set. I think we'll be seeing a CBPD police figure in one of the sets that reuses the helmet, maybe we'll get their speeder?

2) The Heavy Assault Walker is missing a lot of its "action feature" pictures like the other sets. Maybe it has a hidden feature related to the movie they don't want to spoi;?

4 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Good, force friday is 15 days away. Glad we can get the TLJ sets and the MF out of the way together so we can finally discuss the future winter and other 2018 waves and sets as they seem to be very interesting

You can talk about them in the other thread already (where they belong)? There are plenty of other topics for you to post in too, why do you always want people to stop posting in here about forthcoming sets?

Largest lego set ever?! I'm calling their bluff.  Prove me wrong lego!

268132.jpg

1 hour ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Wait, what?!

I've seen people mention a "winter village" set a few times. I don't follow the seasonal stuff so I probably don't know what I'm talking about :tongue:

9 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

*snip*

I don't think that one counts... or maybe it does and we're going to get extremely lucky. (That Chima one was given away as a prize to a competition, was it not?)

Yeah it only went out to two people.  But it's still a legitimate boxed set!

4 hours ago, KevinMD said:

<snip>

As a rule, you can't count on TLG to be consistent with any definitions on this sort of thing; after all, they did a similar thing at the end of Bionicle G2's run, but the fact that it wasn't packaged in one massive box ruled out the possibility that it would, say, be considered a bona fide set. That's the way that it works when the company in queston sells products that are targeted toward kids; you'll see a lot of bizarre contests with crazy inconsistencies.

Obviously, it was pretty unlikely either way, but I feel like the opinion of Brickset should settle this one pretty solidly.

This isn't about the UCS MF, but has anyone else noticed the strange shape in the explosion on the box art for the TIE Silencer? There's a standard F.O. TIE shooting at it. It kinda looks like an Imperial Shuttle with it's wings half closed.

12 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

This isn't about the UCS MF, but has anyone else noticed the strange shape in the explosion on the box art for the TIE Silencer? There's a standard F.O. TIE shooting at it. It kinda looks like an Imperial Shuttle with it's wings half closed.

Maybe a resistance bomber?

4 hours ago, KevinMD said:

To be fair, it doesn't say it will be the biggest LEGO set ever, it says LEGO Star Wars is assembling IT'S biggest set ever. So according to my logic, that just means it's the biggest LEGO Star Wars set.

Edited by brobert

16 minutes ago, brobert said:

To be fair, it doesn't say it will be the biggest LEGO set ever, it says LEGO Star Wars is assembling IT'S biggest set ever. So according to my logic, that just means it's the biggest LEGO Star Wars set.

Actually someone either got an email or mail from Lego with an Advertisement saying The largest LEGO set ever is coming soon. That picture can be found on the Brickpicker Forum for the UCS Falcon and I think there is an image of it on here as well. I just hope that the set is the same scale as the last one because it would be disappointing to have it even a stud smaller than the last version.

1 minute ago, Crzypengu said:

Actually someone either got an email or mail from Lego with an Advertisement saying The largest LEGO set ever is coming soon. That picture can be found on the Brickpicker Forum for the UCS Falcon and I think there is an image of it on here as well. I just hope that the set is the same scale as the last one because it would be disappointing to have it even a stud smaller than the last version.

Ok, well that is, if it's valid of course, anyway we'll see soon. With all this fuss around it I don't think they'll risk it being smaller, especially that they're boasting about the size for weeks. Don't want to fire up the price discussion again, but that's really the big question here. In any case, I started playing the lottery, who knows :laugh:

Just now, brobert said:

Ok, well that is, if it's valid of course, anyway we'll see soon. With all this fuss around it I don't think they'll risk it being smaller, especially that they're boasting about the size for weeks. Don't want to fire up the price discussion again, but that's really the big question here. In any case, I started playing the lottery, who knows :laugh:

The price does not bother me at all of this set. However if there are parts of the set that are smaller then hopefully it will be more accurate than 10179. Someone actually did a comparison in shape and size of the original Lego Millennium Falcon and the Movie set Millennium Falcon. There are some shapes that can be downsized or changed to look it very accurate to the source material as seen in this picture.

Millennium Falcon2.jpg

Looking to each frame of the video I must say I concur fully with @marshal-banana. The cockpit technique looks very interesting and I hope the result is as smooth as the Saturn V (which is awesome). The docking rings are a bit on the small side, but it all depends on the scale of the final set.

I am most curious to see if the designer has addressed the slight tapering of the big hull piece that goes from the turret base and out between the mandibles. This feature is on of those pesky details that elevates a model from normal sets and gives the final product a movie-prop like quality. If the model does not sport this feature it will be nice modding project :)

Also, the 10179 lacked a lot of detailing on the underside and on the mandibles - which I addressed in my mod of the ship. I hope TLG will feature those details this time :)

3 hours ago, mortesv said:

I am most curious to see if the designer has addressed the slight tapering of the big hull piece that goes from the turret base and out between the mandibles.

The way it tapers narrower as it comes to the front ? I've never noticed that before, thanks !

42 minutes ago, gudetamago said:

The way it tapers narrower as it comes to the front ? I've never noticed that before, thanks !

Yes - marshall has that detail nailed perfectly in his moc :)

Edited by mortesv

I'm absolutely praying for VIP early access before October 1st. October 1st is a surprising release date as the LEGO stores near me (in Germany) are closed. Besides that, I'll be one a weekend trip abroad that weekend. So timing couldn't be worse :P.

12 hours ago, hachiroku said:

The docking rings are 8x8, which is way more smaller than in the 10179 (12x12). I'm expecting a smaller model but more detailed, something close to yours @marshal-banana

I noticed what looks like the docking ring too, and also thought that the new MF would be quite smaller (smaller than minifig scale) (33% smaller according to this element alone?). The ship's size should be very similar to mister banana's version (the best MF version I have ever seen BTW!)

Edited by legocharles

I hope it to be smaller than 10179, but with full interior and maybe more details.

It's impossible to expose something that large in average Joe's home.

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

I'm absolutely praying for VIP early access before October 1st. October 1st is a surprising release date as the LEGO stores near me (in Germany) are closed. Besides that, I'll be one a weekend trip abroad that weekend. So timing couldn't be worse :P.

Rumours are that it will release on the 14th September for VIPs.

To be honest it would be stupid if it is smaller...

LEGO: Wow guys look at the size of the box we made for it, its YUGE!

LEGO: Guys look at the instruction manual....ist BIGLY!!!

LEGO: Yeah ok its a smaller model and not minifig scale, sorry guys.....

2 hours ago, ubop said:

I hope it to be smaller than 10179, but with full interior and maybe more details.

It's impossible to expose something that large in average Joe's home.

Hope that too to have a better price! If there is a BB8 and no interior to put the droid in... that would be weird. @marshal-banana after seeing the video in slow motion, you hit the spot! Six studs inside plus 1 at each side plus the circular surroundings. If it is smaller than the old MF at all, it will be just by a small fraction.