Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Did TLG make this kind of pre-announcement on twitter before for other UCS sets? They should be very confident on the set for doing this sort of things.

6 hours ago, dvogon said:

Did TLG make this kind of pre-announcement on twitter before for other UCS sets? They should be very confident on the set for doing this sort of things.

You mean the weekly hints? They've done it with both 21137 The Mountain Cave and 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V leading up to their announcements, I can't say if they've done this before with many other sets though. Someone else would know more than me. Usually we just get a press release and a designer video with sets like these.

On 11/08/2017 at 4:38 PM, LordBola said:

Anyone know how much is lego star wars misprint is worth>

Please don't post questions irrelevant to this topic. Thanks.

Other than that...Welcome to EB!

Has it been theorised that the pricing or piece count for the BB-8 and the Resistance Bomber may be the wrong way round? Considering that these prices originated from a random German toy shop, and therefore aren't a 100% concrete source, could it be that they got them mixed up.   After all, €110 for a 1106 piece set and €100 for a 773 piece set seems more plausible, and isn't being too wishful since €100 for 773 pieces is still very high.

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

Has it been theorised that the pricing or piece count for the BB-8 and the Resistance Bomber may be the wrong way round? Considering that these prices originated from a random German toy shop, and therefore aren't a 100% concrete source, could it be that they got them mixed up.   After all, €110 for a 1106 piece set and €100 for a 773 piece set seems more plausible, and isn't being too wishful since €100 for 773 pieces is still very high.

Depends if they are new bricks or not. Some may have larger pieces which cost more to produce than a set with more bricks but far smaller. Bb8 looks like it'll have a huge number of 1x1s and 1x2

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

No, bb8 seems to have no unique prints or moulds and only comes with the actual bb8 minifigure. The bomber comes with new helmet moulds, new prints and a lot of canopy pieces with printing as well as plates. Though I do wonder how the star destroyer has a better price point.

On an unrelated note, the new website update is really not mobile friendly at all.

Edited by SCREDEYE

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

On an unrelated note, the new website update is really not mobile friendly at all.

Indeed.... 

I really love that luke fig on the poster, can't wait to see a physical version

50 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I'll second this!

Yeah, starting to go from 'they'll fix this soon' to 'what the blazes are they doing?'

Anyway, can't remember last year, but is there really no advance marketing of the new sets? Odd approach to just have new products appear on shelves - if we didn't follow this thread we might not even know anything was coming on September 1st.

9 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

I'm thinking you may be right.

Canadian Prices are:

$40.00 for Confidential 1 (transport pod)

$65.00 for Confidential 2 (Walker)

$100.00 for Confidential 3 (TIE)

$130.00 Confidential 4

$140 or $150 for Confidential 5

It all depends if my local Walmart is going to have BB-8 set, so confidential 4 could be BB-8. Tags were out but no set names or numbers.

19 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

They are not switched around, no. Were you guys not able to see the American boxes yet? I found HD images of those (approximately 1000 by 3000 px) a few weeks ago.

Edited by Azani

17 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Can you PM me your experience? I do see some margin/padding issues, but it's not that big of a deal. Maybe I'm missing some thing. Thanks.

On 8/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, allstyles said:

it just struck me,,.... i checked the last jedi sets that are coming, but there is no Luke minifigure :cry_sad:

Does someone have any clue why or why not??

Nobody will ever have such a clue, Lego doesn't publicly discuss such things. Or much of anything else for that matter. But basically, the answer to any "does anyone know why lego did x" will always be "no"

Edited by Magmafrost

the US prices and piece counts for the last jedi sets are:

75176    Resistance Transport Pod    294     $29.99

75177    First Order Heavy Scout Walker    554     $49.99

75179    Kyle Ren's TIE Fighter    630     $79.99

75187    BB-8    1106     $99.99

75188    Resistance Bomber    780     $109.99

75189    First Order Heavy Assault Walker    1376     $149.99

75190    First Order Star Destroyer    1416     $159.99 

28 minutes ago, therealharbinger said:

Shouldn't we get a nice new teaser today?

No, the last two we got on Tuesday, so we probably need to wait another day. 

27 minutes ago, therealharbinger said:

Shouldn't we get a nice new teaser today?

I think the last 2 teasers have been posted on Tuesday (1st one was 1st of August on Facebook), so think we'll have to wait till tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

the US prices and piece counts for the last jedi sets are:

75176    Resistance Transport Pod    294     $29.99

75177    First Order Heavy Scout Walker    554     $49.99

75179    Kyle Ren's TIE Fighter    630     $79.99

75187    BB-8    1106     $99.99

75188    Resistance Bomber    780     $109.99

75189    First Order Heavy Assault Walker    1376     $149.99

75190    First Order Star Destroyer    1416     $159.99 

...Source? Most of those seem ridiculously overpriced. It would only make sense if those prices came from TRU as they tend to gouge quite heavily.

7 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

...Source? Most of those seem ridiculously overpriced. It would only make sense if those prices came from TRU as they tend to gouge quite heavily.

wal-mart's inventory system, which lists msrp and their pricing, which is:

$28.97

$47.44

$75.00

$95.00

$105.00

$149.96

$159.96

the price per piece, these are right in line with what one typically sees, far from 'ridiculously overpriced':

$0.10

$0.09

$0.13

$0.09

$0.14

$0.11

$0.11

This thread is not about whether the sets are overpriced or not and it has been discussed before. If you can afford the sets: cool, if you can't: not cool. But please stay on topic, it will avoid us to spend time reading always the same complaints. cheers from France and "brace yourselves, the Millenium Falcon is coming".

Edited by G59

Yeesh chill out, buy what you want and share your opinions too but don't squabble over what you think is fair for a Lego set. I know a lot of you hate me for whatever reason but youre all adults and that means you are all capable of discussing and sharing opinions without getting upset over them. Yes the wave is expensive but has much better price points than before. The bomber has a God awful price tag but at least the bottom two sets are very well priced. The top two sets arent horrible and bb8 is also very fair. If you don't believe in a price to piece ratio then fine but everyone has a right to justifying their purchase, heck some people even think one dollar per hour is a fair use of justifying a games price tag.

Please can I remind everyone that this thread is for 2017 Pictures & Rumours, not endless debates about pricing!

If you want to discuss that, please use the correct thread (link); I've transferred several recent posts to it.

And, please keep comments civil, thanks for your understanding :classic: