Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

7 hours ago, shotgunmcos said:

LEGO Carousel 2,685 pcs x 2.56 = 6835.2

To me, it's seems rather unlikely for LEGO to explicitly mention the page count of the Carousel manual and then suddenly, in the same sentence, change units. Some people have speculated that 2.56x refers to the volume or dimensions of the manual, but if that number refers to parts count, then not only are we changing the units, but also the object being measured.

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

To me, it's seems rather unlikely for LEGO to explicitly mention the page count of the Carousel manual and then suddenly, in the same sentence, change units. Some people have speculated that 2.56x refers to the volume or dimensions of the manual, but if that number refers to parts count, then not only are we changing the units, but also the object being measured.

Could not agree any more. Lego  first cited volume and then page count which mean we have those comparisons to go by, no more and no less. 

The cARrouSEl and RouteMASTER.

I'll get my coat..........!! :grin::laugh:

Edited by LOBOT-OMY
:)

It'll be interesting to see what the next teaser image will be, a sticker sheet maybe? Or maybe blanked out versions of all the minifigures.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

It'll be interesting to see what the next teaser image will be, a sticker sheet maybe? Or maybe blanked out versions of all the minifigures.

I think it's unlikely LEGO would use the number of minifigs as a metric for another teaser. The two teasers so far have emphasized the new set's size as a multiple of other large sets, which is hard to do without, say, comparing it to a set with very few minifigs ("The UCS Snowspeeder has 2 minifigs... but something is coming with 4.5x as many!" just seems silly.) 

We've heard nothing to suggest that the Falcon has an unusually large number of figs... all we've heard is that it has characters from ESB and characters from TFA. Logically, that puts us at 8-10 minifigs, assuming Han, Leia, C-3PO, and Chewie from ESB and Han, Rey, Finn, and BB-8 from TFA, plus maybe a few Stormtroopers. You could theoretically get to 12 if you included Bespin Luke and Lando, but that would cram a lot of long-sought exclusives into one set.... and it's still below the Sandcrawler, Assault on Hoth, and Ewok Village, and less than half of the minifigs included in the Death Star. To even approach that number, you'd have to include every character who's ever set foot in or near the Falcon across every movie.... which seems pretty unrealistic. (Though also extremely appealing.)

My guess is they tease the weight, amount of bricks and then a close up of an obscure part of the falcon 

I'm curious as to why we think it has stuff from those two movies and not A New Hope, when that's the movie whose 40th anniversary this set commemorates (and a TFA-specific Falcon was not only recently released but is still widely available). Granted, ANH passenger / crew complements have been better represented in Millennium Falcon sets over the years than all the other movies combined, but then that would be an argument for including a Return of the Jedi figure assortment, if anything.

That's not to say that's what they'll do, since LEGO sometimes does make decisions we don't understand. I'm just curious as to how that particular rumor (ESB and TFA figures, with no indication of other movies represented) came to be the prevailing assumption.

I, for one, have for years expressed a desire for a new UCS Millennium Falcon with dozens of minifigures, à la the Death Star sets, representing every movie in which the Falcon appears to date. I do think that could be done, since TLG has after all done a couple Death Star sets that both have that many minifigures despite not costing as much as this thing will, but then of course the "real" Death Stars would ostensibly each have had many thousands of people on them, so LEGO including as many figures as they did could still be seen as having a minuscule fraction of what they "could" have, even if more wouldn't be realistic. Would they ever do that with a Millennium Falcon set?

I believe it was Stash who first reported the ESB/TFA focus for minifigs... so, pretty much reliable info. Since the first UCS Falcon featured ANH minifigs, an ESB theme would be an easy way to differentiate the two sets. And I don't believe anyone in the know has stated that the Falcon is specifically to commemorate the 40th Anniversary... we all assume so because of the timing, but it's not like the Snowspeeder appeared in ANH, and it was released this year as well. 

While it would be a dream to include dozens of minifigs in the set, it only really works if the Falcon has an interior... and a large one at that. And here too, we've heard nothing to suggest that it does (or doesn't, to be fair). While the increased piece count could be a sign that there is some kind of interior area (other than the cockpit), those extra pieces could just as easily be used for added detail, an underside (since the original UCS Falcon was unfinished underneath, other than landing gear), a stand, etc. 

Although the only slight evidence of an interior of the MF is the increased pieces count, which could be perfectly used exclusively to increase the detail of the exterior, I do think that having an interior actually increases the display value of the set. 

Given the pieces count, I would only sacrifice the interior if the exterior is not detailed enough. A more global attention to the details would lead to take care of both aspects of the designed item, differentiating it more from the previous set and making it more unique. 

8 hours ago, AussieSamurai said:

If $800 USD results in $1,300 AUD price, that would be appalling

On current exchange rate $800 USD is roughly $1,000 AUD

It should be $1,000 but given the pricing of Star Wars sets in Australia, maybe $1,100

Rule of thumb at the moment for Lego is 140-160%. Star Wars sets are at the higher end of that. $1300 is about right, sadly.

11 minutes ago, Aswitcher said:

$1300 AUD is a deal breaker of exchange plus GST puts it around $1100 AUD.

TLG will cite the cost of doing business in Australia for a less than favourable price compared to USA. Despite what others have said this absolutely includes the higher cost to ship here as individual Aussie Lego S@H orders are sourced from European warehouses, not local ones. I've queried TLG in the past and that was their response. I have no reason to believe they are deliberately price gouging. We are also a tiny market conpared to USA. Still, it's speculation at this point as we don't actually know the price! 

If they offered a falcon with a switchable radar dish I would 100% think they'd offer some old and new characters. Maybe not EVERYONE who has been on there and is a main character because you'd end up with like 16 or something. But maybe both the old and new versions of Han. Luke too if he goes in the Falcon in the next movie (I assume he does). I'd bet we'd get numbers comparable to the original set though unless all the extra pieces go to minifigures! But if there's no interior that would probably point to less minifigures too. Blablabla I can only guess at stuff! 

I'm excited to find out. If the announcement comes on September 1st that'll be awesome!

1 hour ago, Aswitcher said:

$1300 AUD is a deal breaker of exchange plus GST puts it around $1100 AUD.

If only LEGO was as simple as the exchange rate when it comes to the larger sets. Honestly, I was expecting $1400-$1600 but seeing that excel chart I did up gives me hope. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky with this one?

Wow, no holiday this year then. Haha! :grin: 

Is it safe to say it'll be available for the next 2-3 years? Look how long the Death Star has been hanging around for. I'm just about to start building UT-60D U-Wing - SB00101, and after loading it into Bricklink it's looking like a AU$1000 build :blush: (for new pieces).

Edited by bataleon

14 hours ago, AussieSamurai said:

If $800 USD results in $1,300 AUD price, that would be appalling

On current exchange rate $800 USD is roughly $1,000 AUD

It should be $1,000 but given the pricing of Star Wars sets in Australia, maybe $1,100

Exchange rate is not, nor should it be, the only deciding factor in pricing between different regions. Australia has a higher minimum and median wage than the US, as well as higher import and sales taxes. Its also a small and isolated market, meaning shipments here are more expensive and less profitable. Also note that you'd be hard pressed to find a country which gets lower lego prices than the US, and also that US RRP doesnt even include sales tax.

Edited by Magmafrost

24 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

and also that US RRP doesnt even include sales tax.

This is a very important point. The Falcon will be closer to $900 USD including tax, at least where I live. Sales tax can really increase the price when you're talking about high-dollar items.

1 hour ago, bataleon said:

Wow, no holiday this year then. Haha! :grin: 

I'm just about to start building UT-60D U-Wing - SB00101, and after loading it into Bricklink it's looking like a AU$1000 build :blush: (for new pieces).

For 3000 parts, how is that? *huh*

That's a good question. I searched Australian stores, which unfortunately aren't the cheapest. I might place a big order from overseas for this one. It'll be worth the shipping :classic:

Edited by bataleon

11 minutes ago, bataleon said:

That's a good question. Probably because I searched Australian stores which aren't the cheapest unfortunately. I might place a big order from overseas for this one. It'll be worth it :classic:

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that, it's really fierce! I'm just about to order the last parts for "Raskolnikovs - Aggressor", and the 12,000 parts I had to buy cost me nearly 1000 € here in Germany (all parts new)!

"Sorry Guys - Off-Topic" I know......will stop now! But I had to ask!

Edited by bricksmarlin

20 hours ago, Nokturn said:

This is a very important point. The Falcon will be closer to $900 USD including tax, at least where I live. Sales tax can really increase the price when you're talking about high-dollar items.

And I live and shop in Cook County (Chicagoland) where the sales tax is 10% so there ya go.

I will not let this turn into a dumpster fire so please, you can quote what the estimated price is...but DON'T START GRIPING ABOUT THE PRICE! No matter what, someone else has it worse...and there were kits that were 10 cents a piece back in 1997 so let it go!

Alright, please continue all of the random discussion, guessing, and speculation...just be sure it goes in the correct thread.

Thanks.