Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

47 minutes ago, Tidy said:

and everyone constantly forgets that the advent calendars are not made for whiny man-children demanding exclusive minifigs etc.

they are made for children to enjoy 24 days of lego prior to christmas. no more. no less.  and as a parent of 2 such spawn, they freaking love them, regardless of what y'all perceive to be a problem. between this and all the stupid falcon crap, wake me up next year.

once again this place has managed to suck all the fun and joy out of reliving my childhood with my children.

peace. out.

uh oh, we got a whiny man child on our hands people!

Edited by jackster99

4 minutes ago, jackster99 said:

uh oh, we got a whiny man child on our hands people!

In his defence, I can't even follow the thread and I check by the hour. It does just seem a bit too much for something no one knows enough about.

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

and everyone constantly forgets that the advent calendars are not made for whiny man-children demanding exclusive minifigs etc.

they are made for children to enjoy 24 days of lego prior to christmas. no more. no less.  and as a parent of 2 such spawn, they freaking love them, regardless of what y'all perceive to be a problem. between this and all the stupid falcon crap, wake me up next year.

once again this place has managed to suck all the fun and joy out of reliving my childhood with my children.

peace. out.

See, I wouldn't necessarily have said it like that, but I totally agree. Further, I definitely stand by his right to say things like that.

2 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

In his defence, I can't even follow the thread and I check by the hour. It does just seem a bit too much for something no one knows enough about.

It's this sort of thing that truly encapsulates how most of us feel. There really isn't this much to discuss, let alone this much that is legitimately newsworthy.

I mean, everyone can conduct themselves how they wish, but I do feel as though things have been getting a bit off track in here.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

I'm sorry, but this is just plain rude. There's no reason to talk to, or about, other members of this forum in this way. Your underlying point may be entirely valid, but I give it a lot less credence when you call wesker (and by extension, me) a "whiny man-child". 

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

peace. out.

I too have a child that loves LEGO, loves Star Wars, and loves Christmas. And yet I'm somehow able to muster the emotional strength and fortitude to separate my own criticisms of these subjects from my son's (and my) enjoyment of them. This is a forum for adults (not children) to discuss (and yes, sometimes criticize) LEGO products. If that offends you, no one is forcing you to read or participate.

Edited by jdubbs

3 hours ago, Schneeds said:

There is absolutely no way that is possible.  The original one at 5,200 pieces wasn't that detailed.  Marshal Banana's is 7,500 pieces. 

Then there's the fact that the set is so large and so wide that it requires a large technic support structure running through it.  You might be able to fit pockets of an interior with in it, but nothing like what you're talking. 

The original was plenty detailed as official sets go, but as you yourself suggest, there's a gap between it and MB's. I said a set in the size and price range being discussed here could exceed it in detail, and since you yourself quote MB's as having 7500 pieces and the high end of the part count range being discussed for this set is higher still, obviously it could be more detailed / accurate than 10179 (particularly since the likely usage of that new half-cone element for the cockpit could actually boost accuracy of that aspect of the ship while simultaneously reducing the piece count for that part, freeing up more parts for use elsewhere). I fail to see how it's "impossible" for this one to be more detailed / accurate than 10179 when it's supposed to have two or three thousand more pieces than that one did and cost a couple hundred dollars more.

As far as the internal structure goes, a robust support structure would certainly be mandated, but I think there's still plenty of opportunity for a sturdy internal structure that still leaves room for an interior. The original eschews having one because it simply wasn't a consideration when it was designed, but as the lack of an interior is arguably the single greatest area for improvement with 10179, I think it's very naturally something to consider. That doesn't guarantee it'll have one (heck, there's no guarantee yet another UCS Falcon is coming at all), but I do think it's possible.

I missed out on 10179 and like everyone else, greatly anticipate this set (IF it is a MF)

It's been 10 years since the last one and any designer worth his salt will want to make the best out of the evolution of pieces available AND stamp some individualism on what would be the most talked about set of the year. Has anyone built the Saturn V? I'll bet there will be new clever techniques for structure and strength without sole reliance on technic lift arms etc. 

I picked up the 75105 earlier and swooshed it around and played with the interior. I found it hard to fathom a set 5x times its piece count. It also struck me that we would have 2 MFs available simultaneously. Has that happened other sets before? 

I bet anyone would pay €700 odd for a new 10179 so what's the problem if it's just an upgrade? What if it was the same but packaged like 42056? 

As for getting one for a kid for Christmas  (or anytime) is a moot point in my opinion. It just a very expensive toy. Can we not fathom someone actually playing with it? Some kids want an Xbox, quad bike, horse or €600 mini kitchen....  Why would any parent spend that on any one child unless money was not an issue. 

I have no expectations for this. I'm confident LEGO will deliver. If they don't,  I won't buy. I am very excited about it regardless.

While it's not impossible for it to have an interior with those extra pieces... just looking at Lego's more recent history of using significantly more Lego to make the SAME things doesn't suggest that it would be likely. But I can only guess and if it did have an interior it's not like I actively don't want one, I just don't need one.

As someone said before, Lego does seem to focus on little details and greebles a lot more now. Like the older A-Wing is like 75% the pieces of the new one. I wouldn't be surprised if they used all those extra rumored pieces to simply make the outside look more accurate and detailed.

But who knows? Not me. XD

Damn it, got ninja'd by Kaz by mere seconds haha. I'm not seeing anything different or something we haven't seen as of yet in regards to the last 3, but, that Luke looks GREAT! The face is really quite perfect and fits luke perfectly, and I'm liking the hairpiece too. I mean, I guess this is how Luke's face and hair will look on his official figure when we get it, right?

Those are gorgeous! It's great to finally see a Sequel Trilogy Luke Skywalker! Does this mean Luke will be available on Force Friday in a set?

2 hours ago, shotgunmcos said:

It also struck me that we would have 2 MFs available simultaneously. Has that happened other sets before?

LEGO released two resistance X-Wings less than a year apart from each other (they were different colors however).

27 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Unfortunately not, looking at the set images. 

Really? That's a shame. I had heard there was a set that would have Luke in it, but I haven't seen anything. Is it possible the box art is preliminary?

Just now, Mendicant said:

Really? That's a shame. I had heard there was a set that would have Luke in it, but I haven't seen anything. Is it possible the box art is preliminary?

Nah, they looked final. Unless there's some retail exclusive they're keeping well, well under wraps, he won't be in the Force Friday wave. I'd imagine he'll be in the '18 Winter Wave though.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Nah, they looked final. Unless there's some retail exclusive they're keeping well, well under wraps, he won't be in the Force Friday wave. I'd imagine he'll be in the '18 Winter Wave though.

Ah, that does suck. Been waiting since 2015, guess I'm still waiting! lol

13 minutes ago, Mendicant said:

I wonder if he will appear in the new UCS Millennium Falcon set, it would certainly be a nice inclusion :-D

2 minutes ago, Kez said:

I wonder if he will appear in the new UCS Millennium Falcon set, it would certainly be a nice inclusion :-D

If the UCS Millennium Falcon does end up being true, I'll be purchasing it either way, but a TFA Luke would be a nice bonus!

24 minutes ago, Kez said:

The loud expletives coming from fans who can't afford the falcon will shatter all windows

6 hours ago, shotgunmcos said:

It also struck me that we would have 2 MFs available simultaneously. Has that happened other sets before?

3 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

LEGO released two resistance X-Wings less than a year apart from each other (they were different colors however).

Also, wasn't the PF walking AT-AT available simultaneously with another minifigure-scale AT-AT for a while?

The Force Awakens Falcon will likely be retired soon.... it's been on markdown (at most US retailers, anyway) for the better part of the year. >2 years on the market is pretty long for a non-D2C set, and they'll no doubt want to issue another one in the winter/spring for the Han Solo movie.

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

The Force Awakens Falcon will likely be retired soon.... it's been on markdown (at most US retailers, anyway) for the better part of the year. >2 years on the market is pretty long for a non-D2C set, and they'll no doubt want to issue another one in the winter/spring for the Han Solo movie.

True. Best example is the ro imperial trooper pack